HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Calling for KIMCREST Puchong Hartamas owners!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jz

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks YYS for your early reply. Yup, probably i can ask him for a quotation later. Most probably, i will only get the keys earliest by March. Can't wait to go through the heartache of deciding on the rnovation of the house. But my budget for the renovation is limited. hahahaha...

Regards
YYS

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jz,

My budget is limited as well, that's why will just do the basic and necessary stuffs first. I will let you know if I manage to get a good price from any other contractors.
jz

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYS,

your a lawyer? good to know that..cause we are from the same profession:) 2 of my colleagues bought Kim2 too..hahaha..so, do update me on your quest in finding a good contractor for your renovation..i think most probably i will be getting my VP in April. Which street is your house? mine is 1/4....do keep in touch.
YYS

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2008 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jz,

Haha, seems like alot of lawyers going to stay in Kim Crest.. :) my house is in 1/3. I'm now collecting quotations from different contractors, hope to finalise one soon. Will keep you updated on that.

Happy Chinese New Year!
YYS

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jz,

After comparing the quotations that I gathered so far, I've decided to let the contractor who is currently based in Kim Crest (called 'V Lim') to do the concrete works in the house. The items and price are as follows:

1. extending 1/2 of the wet kitchen (together with floor & wall tiles, windows & door frame), sealing up front and back drainage and lay tiles on it, L-shape concrete table for the wet kitchen and concrete fencing for the backyard altogether RM8500;

2. sealing up the void area of the 2nd floor RM3000; and

3. wiring works (includes fixing 25 lights & 8 fans) etc RM1100.

I got another contractor to do the kitchen cabinet in the dry and wet kitchen which includes U-shape base unit, 4-panel hanging unit and 2-panel door + 2 stainless steel 900cm basket at the bottom of the concrete table in wet kitchen, the material used is melamine ABS. Altogether RM4000.

For iron grille altogether costs about RM3500.

I can give you the contact numbers of those contractors if you need it. Or I suggest you to view my house first to check the quality of the works before committing to it. The expected completion date of my house is end of March.
jz

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYS,

Is the contractor the one which did most of the renovation in kim crest? are you extending the whole length (till the gate) of your wet kitchen and half for the width(does not cover the ground floor bedroom windows)? coz, if that's the case, i plan to do the same thing too. ok, i think me checking out your house would be an excellent idea:).

By the way, sealing the void area on the 2nd floor...would it effect the the brightness of the family area on the 1st floor?

How long does it for the contractor to finish the renovation?

Hopefully, i'll be getting my keys by the end of march or early april....if not mati kena interest:).

regards bro..
YYS

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi jz,

Yupe, that's the contractor. My kitchen extansion is exactly like what you mentioned.. :) The width however up to the ground floor bathroom only, I dun like to have the bathroom windows bloacked.

Yes, definitely 1st floor hall will be dark after the void area in 2nd floor is sealed. Since I plan to convert the 1st floor hall into a TV room so does not matter if it is a little dark.. :)

My reno considered a very simple one but the contractor also need to take at least 6 weeks to complete it. Now they have completed about 50% only and I hope by end of this month everything is ready as I plan to move in around that time as well. You're always welcome to drop by my place to examine the work of the said contractor.

Good luck to you for the delivery of key, my sis who also bought a unit there just got her key last week, there's a late payment interest of RM2000++ charged by the developer but after arguing with them and found that the developer is also at fault so finally they waived the interest.
jz

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi YYS,
Can u give me the name & number for the kitchen cabinet guy and the grille guy? What type of grille do u intend to use? I think i can see the back of your house from my kitchen...i like the renovation you are doing for the kitchen and the backyard. Regards.
YYS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jz,

Most of the grille in my house was fixed last weekend. I decided to use flat bar iron with bronze colour. The workmanship is okay but there are some places need to be touched up. You could always go over my place (No. 12A) to see it, the gate is not locked. For the grille, you can contact Mr Low at 012-218 8952. His factory is in Puchong as well.

For kitchen cabinet, you can contact Ms. Wong at 012-290 6266. She is very helpful. She will come to the site to make measurement and to collect your ideas (if any) for the cabinet, then she would come out with a drawing and quatation for you, all free of charge. However, my cabinet will only be fixed probably this weekend as the concrete table has not been completed yet. The progress of reno in my place is actually behind the schedule now.
YYS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jz,

Just a reminder for you. If your renovation involves concrete works either in the front or back of the house, or both, you will need to get a permit from MPSJ.

My contractor did offer to do that for me and he said the charges will be RM1200++ as he need to get the assistance from an architect to do that (including drawing and submission of plans). However, I later on found out, after a visit to MPSJ office in USJ 9, that actually if the reno work does not disturd the existing structures of the house, you could submit the application yourself without the drawing or endorsement of an architect.

You just need to buy a standard Plan from MPSJ for RM50 (for standard extension of kitchen and fencing as per the MPSJ Plan), filling up a simple form and attaching a copy of the SPA and quit rent assessment receipts and make a processing fee of RM50 and deposit of RM500 will do. The deposit of RM500 will be refunded upon the inspection of the MPSJ officer.

You just need to take alittle trouble to do that yourself and could save around RM1000++. However, if your reno is beyond the MPSY standard Plan, then you would need to engage an architect to submit on your behalf.

Hope this would assist you.. :)
jz

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YYS,

Thanks a lot...really need that info..would definitely do the submission myself:) How long did it take for the developer to rectify whatever problem/defect you had with the house b4 u can start the renovation?
YYS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jz,

The developer took about a month to rectify the defects in my house and thereafter only I started the reno. However not to worry, even you have started the reno and there are other defects noted, you could still make complaint and the developer will still rectify them.
jz

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi YYS,

Have u moved in? Hows the workmanship of the contractor (v lim)? You were saying that the developer had waived the interest for your sister's hse...just curious, what was the reason? coz, my loan has not been disbursed and the completion date was on the 8th of april! Hopefully, the developer would also exempt me from paying the interest:)

Regards!
YYS

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jz,

Yupe, I have just moved in last week, the house is still in abig mess.. :)

Regret that the contractor's workmanship is not very good eventhough they are willing to touch up for me, maybe because they are taking too many jobs at th same time. However, I note that the contractor of my neighbour behind me (I think same row as your house) workmanship is quite good as I could see them doing the kitchen extension now. Maybe you can try to get a quatation from them.

You must be 'very strict and harsh' to the developer [as my sis did.. :)] when requesting for waiver of interest. My sis main reason is that the developer had delayed in furnishing the Letter of Undertaking as well as late in paying the quit rent (which is a must when presenting the Transfer). Therefore her RM2000++ interest managed to be waived. Try to ask your loan lawyer to find out what is the reason for the late comnpletion and from there you can examine whether the developer is liable for that.

For my case, the interest was waived as there is late delivery of LU to my loan lawyer and also there is wrong computation of the ompletion date.

Good luck!
jz

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi YYS,

How's the new house. I have just received the keys last week. Had to pay RM4++ for penalty to the developer.

By the way, need to know from you about the water pressure for the upstairs bathroom. Do you think we have to buy water pump pressure to have a good shower? As i intend to make the uppermost floor as the master bedroom.

do you have any valuable tips about your new house?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
YYS

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jz,

Try to find out if the delay is caused by you, if it's the developer's fault, must insist not to pay.

Yupe, the water pressure at the top floor master bedroom is not strong enough. I got the plumber who is working for the developer to do a direct piping so that the water will be directly from the main pipe instead of from the water tank. It costs me RM200 to do that. His number is 012-213 6119 and his name is Ah Keat, just let him know that his number was given to you by No. 12A.. :)

I found that the top floor, both study area and the master bedroom are hot maybe due to the fact that they are closer to the roof, so I had made arrangement to fix 2 ceiling exhaust fans at these 2 areas. I will let you know the rsult after fixing them.. :)

If you want to plant carpet glass on the small garden in front of the house, there is one Mr. Segar doing that for me for RM150, including clearing the stones, lay another layer of soil, planting carpet glass together with a palm tree. I found the pricce reasonable. You can contact him at 017-356 5451, also mention No. 12A will do :D But if your renovation involves concrete work, then better plant the glass after completing the reno as the contractor will usaully mess up the garden.

So far Kim Crest have been a nice place to stay, very quiet at night. Eventhough there are quite a lot of minor defects but the developer is willing to touch up for you.

Good luck for the new house.
wmlok1199

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 11:14 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hi All,

nice to get info from this forum....I just bought a unit of KIM 2 recently...will visit you all if have chance....
cwp

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi KIMCREST owners. Good to see the forum that I started has grown in number of tenants. I have a KIM 3 unit.
I believed most of the tenants not not move in but isn't it a great environment to stay. Its so peaceful at night, and daytime (if minus the renovation noise).
I believed most of the owners did not change the color of the external wall, I must say its a wise move, I dunno if anyone of you realised there's a neighbour who changed external wall to pink color and its not the kindergarden! Are this allowed by the developer? Cos it really spoilt the soothing original colors.
YYS

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I am aware of that house as well.. It seems to be the most outstanding one in our community now :lol: If I'm not wrong, in the DMC does state that before changing the exterior colour of the house, the house owner has to get the approval from the developer/maintenance company. Am not sure whether the same have been duly done...

Anyway, I did visit to the house when the renovation works was in the process, must say the interior of it is very well planned/done.. :)
cwp

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi YYS
Glad someone notice that...lol
Anyway..my contractor said that particular house would cost RM100k renovation looking at the changes that they have done. Really impressive. I must say its a nice job.
mine only cost about 20k, which my contractor friend did for me. extension of back yard, elevated back yard floor with new tiles, plaster ceiling at living room, outdoor front porch tiles with mini garden, grills for whole house, wet kitchen build-up, all lightings...so guess that's pretty worth it if you know someone..
ahhzen

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 11:35 am    Post subject: Current price range? Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

I'm not a house owner in PH, but i really like the house over there. I wonder any house still fit to my price range? 250 --> 350k?

Regards
Zen
wongkf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

Hello, I'm plan to buy the house in puchong hartamas. after reading the comment there... I bit scare about the cementary in this areas...
Can somebody share me this.....
or any good area to recommend
YYS

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wongkf,

The cemetary is actually not that near to Kim Crest :D In addition, the street lights there are very bright at night. Me and hubby very often have a walk within Kim Crest at night (sometimes around 12pm) and we feel very secured. My sis is staying alone in a double-storey Kim 1 and she is not worried as well.

I've been staying there for a few months now and would say that it's a nice and peaceful place. Try to visit here at night and you will know what I meant.
cwp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zen
The price range for KIM 1 and KIM 3 is above 380k now. Capital Land properties are nicely done and I can say after staying here for almost 6 months, I'm very satisfied. The developer is very responsible, fixing all the defects within phone calls. And security is good, guards often roam around at night.

Regarding the cemetary, I think nowadays people don't really care already. As you know, the developer has take brilliant feng shui remedies to counter the negative qi like painting the walls around the community in red (it is believed red will block the negative elements), there is a main road leading to bandar puteri (still in contruction) that separate the cemetery from the community, huge trees and scrubs are planted along the road that block the cemetery. I have never seen the cemetery myself. Anyway, now, I think we should worried more on the fuel price and inflation rather than cemetery. Am I right?
Good luck in your hunt. I think there are still KIM 2 available.
aaronlim

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi All,

Just got to know from a new friend (an owner of Kim Crest) about this forum. Actually there is a website called ..puchonghartamas.com.

Anyway, I'm an owner of Kim3 who moved in just before CNY.

I like the place. it is safe and quiet at nite. It will be much peaceful for owners of kim1 & 2 as the houses not near the main road, jalan bakawali.

Now the new access road is being under construction.. once it is open up for access to Bdr Puteri, the access is better and value will go up.

Oh ya, any of the owners here knows about the upcoming meeting with the developer regarding the forming of committee fo kim crest.. it is on 21 June 2008 (Sat) 5pm at the kim crest show house.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: