HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Collapse of the Jalan meru - NKVE link

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suresh77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:23 am    Post subject: Collapse of the Jalan meru - NKVE link Reply with quote

any comments on this ?
Banzai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time for someone to take responsibility.
Banzai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To add, actually, I think property prices is relatively resilient to stuff like this. I don't think incidents like this will affect the prices of anything.
winter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What happened? Shocked Some building collapse? gosh...
When i was working in Thailand,I heard of something similiar..somebody give under table $$ to somebody and buy inferior products for the construction of a building..in the end,when building collapse,many people were injured...cannot remember if there are any deaths.. Rolling Eyes
mercuri

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well IMO, most of the contractors will get away with it, if I am not wrong I think this is being done by SP Setia. Remember the problem with the middle ring road last year, it's still partially closed to heavy traffic and nothing has been done to rectify the problem. MALAYSIA BOLAH MAH! Laughing
Banzai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloppy work seems to be acceptable these days. A good number of cases of similar construction accidents in Singapore as well.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in a way, i am not overly concerned cos accidents do happen during installation works and it is not a case of the girders collapsing after the flyover has been opened to traffic and declared safe for use. that would be a disaster. the real problem here is that the girders fell on the NKVE during installation and innocent motorists could have been killed.

on the flip side (and i may be criticised for saying this), now everyone knows about this interchange and sp setia gains "publicity" that the setia alam/ecopark is linked via this flyover. Shocked
suresh77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this flyover is handled by SP setia itself or is it has been sub con ?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

subcontracted to CNY S/B and VSL Engineers S/B.....
suresh77

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wonder if this would affect the housing project ? So, the completion of the link wil be further delayed ?
tazochai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i doubt so. in the short-term, perhaps some ppl may turn a bit cautious but common sense should prevail cos fundamentally, nothing is jeopardized except perhaps the completion date of the flyover. it was supposed to be completed in jan 2006 but with this incident, it should be delayed somewhat.

whatever the faults of the flyover, it shld utlimately be rectified. at least after this episode, we can be pretty sure that the integrity of the flyover is definitely up to mark. for all we know, it could just be a simple accident......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: