HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Property valuers?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aimtrue

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:05 pm    Post subject: Property valuers? Reply with quote

Pertaining to what Banzai posted in another post.. does anyone know any valuers? How much do they generally charge?
pooh0

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2005 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like the answer too.

I think it depends on whether you are getting a comprehensive or quick valuation...one of the books i read mentioned about RM300 but the bank told me that the valuation would be about RM1000 to RM1500.

what i have done in the past is to contact the banks i am negotiating a loan with, to give them details of the properties i am intending to make an offer on, and then ask for the bank's valuation (informal). This info is given free (verbally) and i use it to tailor the amount of the offer given.
damansaravilla

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2005 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Valuation Fees

According to the guidelines under 7th Schedule Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Act, 1981, the scale of fees are as follows:-

Land Acquisition Valuations

From
(RM)
To
(RM)
Fees
(RM)

For awards greater than RM1,000,000 the fee shall be a minimum of RM3,500 plus the fee based on the following rate :-

From
(RM)
To
(RM)
Fees
(RM)

6/25

5/25

3/20

3/50

Any amount over 50,000,000
-
6/250
winter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

where can we find a valuer?
damansaravilla

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2005 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

winter wrote:
where can we find a valuer?

..wtw.com.my
..colliers.com.my
.://..ecptl.com/professionalservices.htm

FYI, I am not in anyway connected to the above companies.
winter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Damansaravilla Smile
fireice73

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 10:22 am    Post subject: Valuer Reply with quote

Hi,

I am new in this forum and I did not know there was such a huge forum for properties in Malaysia.
Basically, I am trying to be an property investor and quite new to this game.
I just brought a property in Amcorp.
During application for a bank loan, the bank made a valuation and requested me to pay for it.
The valuation company was called JS Valuers and my property is below 200k. The charged me about RM480 and gave me a report.
However, the report just shows
1) Property identification and location with pictures
2) Property value (fair value for willing buyer and willing seller)
3) Property value (forced value : value if cannot be completed on time)
Report was about 10 pages.
The fact was the fair value which was given by them was very close to the developers price. However, one thing that confuses me was that in the beginning, they did not work independently. They kept on calling me to ask questions about the property. Later, only did they operate on their own.
They did not give a rental value.

Just something to share. Would be willing to listen to your opinions on other properties.
port

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xenical - .://..bestrxpills.com
Property Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am quite surprised to hear that you guys are charged pretty expensive from valuers. I bought a property in Shah Alam (2 storey terrace) at RM172k , while the market value is RM250k, and they charged me only RM550...
cw17

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

did u sorta get discounts from the valuer for the professional fees?

Property Prince wrote:
I am quite surprised to hear that you guys are charged pretty expensive from valuers. I bought a property in Shah Alam (2 storey terrace) at RM172k , while the market value is RM250k, and they charged me only RM550...

Property Prince

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not ask for any discount. FIrst, it was in year 2005, bought an apartment, RM82k, cost me only RM400 for the valuation report.

Then, in May 2006, i bought a landed house , 2 storey terrace (sub sale) in Shah Alam for RM172k (market value RM250k). This costs me RM550 for valuation report (different company than above).

So, that is why I am very surprised to know the cost should be more than RM1k or 2k. I even looked at the website earlier today (Board of valuers), and it was true, the cost should be as below:

From (RM) To (RM) Fees (RM)
1 50,000 1,500
50,001 500,000 2,500
500,001 1,000,000 3,500

Man, I am confused, what is going on here? Who is right?
Banzai

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there are 2 different things here:

1) a valuation exercise is the cheaper one

2) a valuation report (the more expensive one) will contain details about your property, recent transacted price from surrounding neighbourhoods. The ones i have seen have colour photos :p

Prop Prince, did you receive a valuation report (as in a physical report) when you paid $400 or $550? Wonder if it is possible to get that report because it is quite informative.
Martian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my report for a 475k value house less than 900. got details, comparative of previously transacted props along the same street/area. also got coloured photos...... all 2 pieces of it........ kekekeke......
Property Prince

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Banzai wrote:

2) a valuation report (the more expensive one) will contain details about your property, recent transacted price from surrounding neighbourhoods. The ones i have seen have colour photos :p

Prop Prince, did you receive a valuation report (as in a physical report) when you paid $400 or $550? Wonder if it is possible to get that report because it is quite informative.

Yes Banzai, I did get a full report , binded one and full with colour photos as well as comparison with surrounding neighborhoods. That is why I am confused here.
Banzai

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Property Prince wrote:
Banzai wrote:

Yes Banzai, I did get a full report , binded one and full with colour photos as well as comparison with surrounding neighborhoods. That is why I am confused here.

maybe your valuer not branded
reEDU

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Found this forum by accident through google while doing researching something.

Just to give some explaination regarding fees according by BOVEA (Board of Valuer and Estate Agent Act). Actually fees charged is based on the purpose of valuation. There are several purpose of valuation, i name it some: capital valuation, land acquisition valuation, plant and machinery valuation, rental valuation etc.....

Usually, for loan purposes the value is derived is capital value.

So, below i show to all of you the professional fees for capital valuation:

1st 100,000 = RM200
100,001 to 2,000,000 = RM200 + RM1.00 for every RM1,000 or
part thereof on the residue up to
2,000,001 to 7,000,000 = RM2100 + RM0.80 for every RM1,000 or
7,000,001 to 15,000,000 = RM6,100 + RM0.60 for every RM1,000 or
more than 15,000,000 = RM10,900 + RM0.40 for every RM1,000 or
part thereof on the balance.
Maximum fees = RM20,000.00

So, say your property is valued at RM400,000 the professional fees charged is RM500 + the disbursement. It the the practice of valuer to give their client discount on the professional fees maximum if i not mistake 25%.

You may go to any valuer in Malaysia and their charge is not expensive as compare to other professionals such as lawyers. and the process of doing valuation is not easy which is it requires valuer to travel extensively to the subject property and also require some information from property owner.

I hope this explanation will enlighten everyone in this forum and if you require further information we can always get it from Jabatan Penilaian dan Perkhidmatan Harta (JPPH), Ministry of Finance.
tack_loong

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi everybody....i am a property valuer who involved myself in property line about 4 years, gradutate from UTM....Hmmmm....talking about the valuatuon fee....Generally if the property market value below RM150k, the standard valuation fee is RM300 + RM15 (5% government service tax)+ disbursement (RM150) become RM465 ++. The disbursement will be charged depend on the location. The further the location from KL ( i mean if the valuation is within Klang Valley), the more expensive the valuation fee. Nowadays, everything is become more expensive ie petrol price, toll and so on.....of course, the valuer need to charge higher fee than used to. otherwise how are them going to survive.....the valuation reports are looked like easy to complete....yet it takes time to do it ......the valuer has to make sure the inspected property is the correct subject property...There are some fraud cases whereby the owner purposely brought the valuer to the wrong property and asked them to did a valuation report. Subsequently, when the problem comes out, the valuer will be sued by the particular party.....any problem about the valuation and real estate, you all can drop me a mail here and see whether i can give u all any advice. Good day.....
lando

PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi just thought id try clear the air here. 'Property Prince' the valuation fee of RM550 you paid is about right for a Market Value of RM250k. The fee is incusive of an allowed maximum discount of 30% by all valuers for first time valuation of properties and inclusive of disbursments of somehwre around RM150. Properties revalued within two years are allowed even further discounts in vluers scale of fees.

The breakdown is as follows:-

Fee RM550
Less 30% Discount RM165 RM385
5% Service Tax RM19.25 RM404.25
Disbursments Say RM150
Total RM554.25

Let me correct you reEdu as to the scale fees.
The scale fee for capital valuations is as follows:-

1st 100,000 1/4%
2nd 200,000 to 2,000,000 1/5%
3rd 2,000,001 to 7,000,000 1/6%
etc i think the next is 1/8% and so on. (Can get the scale of fee at the board of valuers website. look under capital valuation fee)
oh ya there is no maximum fee. The higher the value the higher the fee..

So your example of a Market Value of RM400k should be RM774.75 inclusive of 5% service tax and RM150 disbursment.

Furthermore the minimum fee allowed is RM300 for any properties.

Thses fees are for full valuation reports. Hope the above helps a bit.
boomerkk

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just had this valuation done, for a prop about 200k.
I was charged rm500 but i paid it without asking for discount Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad stupid me Embarassed
lando

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2006 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boomerkk..RM500 is just a bit higher than what you could have gotten with a discount. The fee should work out the same thorughout all valuers. its the disbursments that usually make the difference. even so how much higher can they charge. always shop around i guess. well at least the dibursments isn't anyhwere close to disbursments charged by some law firms which is ridiculous if you ask me. eg RM100 to 200 for a title search at some of these places.
ericchoong

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2008 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I paid RM500 too for valuation fees. I'm refinancing my house at Ipoh with the loan amount less than RM65K.

Professional Fee is RM315 (include tax)
Disbursement Fee is RM185

Pls note the location is Ipoh and no KL!!

Rahim & Co. (Perak) is changing me a very high disbursement fee compare to what is specify above.. RM150 at KL.
kezy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tack_loong wrote:
hi everybody....i am a property valuer who involved myself in property line about 4 years, gradutate from UTM....Hmmmm....talking about the valuatuon fee....Generally if the property market value below RM150k, the standard valuation fee is RM300 + RM15 (5% government service tax)+ disbursement (RM150) become RM465 ++. The disbursement will be charged depend on the location. The further the location from KL ( i mean if the valuation is within Klang Valley), the more expensive the valuation fee. Nowadays, everything is become more expensive ie petrol price, toll and so on.....of course, the valuer need to charge higher fee than used to. otherwise how are them going to survive.....the valuation reports are looked like easy to complete....yet it takes time to do it ......the valuer has to make sure the inspected property is the correct subject property...There are some fraud cases whereby the owner purposely brought the valuer to the wrong property and asked them to did a valuation report. Subsequently, when the problem comes out, the valuer will be sued by the particular party.....any problem about the valuation and real estate, you all can drop me a mail here and see whether i can give u all any advice. Good day.....
can i have your contact coz i m finding some professional valuer to value some houses....u can contact me as well 016-7737739
billrosewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I read you post and reply and here all post very nice and give information in detail thats great. and actually I dont know about all this things but I know it because of your reply and send more information like this,
billrosewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow I read you post and reply and here all post very nice and give information in detail thats great. and actually I dont know about all this things but I know it because of your reply and send more information like this,
billrosewell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: