HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

10% down and no further payment until handover

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimliew

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:06 pm    Post subject: 10% down and no further payment until handover Reply with quote

Nowadays, developers have teamed up with banks offering a 10% downpayment and then no further payments until the property completed.

Whats the catch here, if any?

Comments please.
Banzai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The property is probably a commercial property or the interest is already factored in to the price, or more likely, both. I think the developers are not allowed to vary the payment schedule for residential units because this is controlled by the HDA. Hope this answer your question, let me know if i am correct.
tazochai

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the bank gives the buyer a 90% margin of finance and pays the developer according to the architect certification. interest payable will be borne by the developer, rather than the buyer, probably in the second year onwards since banks are already giving 0% interest in the first year anyway.

or (unlikely though), is this the much tauted build-then-sell concept now promoted by HBA!?
candic3

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tazochai wrote:
i think the bank gives the buyer a 90% margin of finance and pays the developer according to the architect certification. interest payable will be borne by the developer, rather than the buyer, probably in the second year onwards since banks are already giving 0% interest in the first year anyway.

or (unlikely though), is this the much tauted build-then-sell concept now promoted by HBA!?

quite true, like Public bank and UOB giving 0% but only for 1st year.
aramis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am    Post subject: Re: 10% down and no further payment until handover Reply with quote

jimliew wrote:
Nowadays, developers have teamed up with banks offering a 10% downpayment and then no further payments until the property completed.

Whats the catch here, if any?

Comments please.

I went to Bandar Botanic sometime last year and they were offering this package, i.e. pay 10% and no payment till property is completed.

Why dont you give them a call?
my44

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I did see in Bandar Botanic advertisement also about pay 10% and wait till completion.
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2005 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

M'sia is slow as always.........S'pore dvelopers alredi had this scheme 2 to 3 yrs back........deferred pymt scheme....pay 10% down, nothing else.....

...but at the end of the day, i always believe everything is priced in alredi.....
satyromaniaman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

probably hiked up purchse price..plus got a cheaper rate from bank for first three years.. so they wont have to pay much
jimliew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

based on this i bought a 24x70 double storey for $298K opposite Equine Park
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: