HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earnest deposit issue

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pkpk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Earnest deposit issue Reply with quote

Would appreciate if sifus can provide info on the following matter:-

I, as the seller of my property, signed the offer to purchase with the buyer & the buyer had paid the 3% earnest deposit to the sale agent. There is a special clause written that "If loan not approved, the vendor shall refund the earnest deposit."

The buyer has taken more than 14 working days to apply his bank loan, & we allowed him more times for that. On the 20th day, he wanted to cancel the deal because he only able to obtain max. 60% loan amount, & he not able to come out the remaining amount.

I have contacted my agent and wish to forfeit his earnest deposit, but my agent keep saying that I not entitled to forfeit it and even I do so, I will definitely lose if bring to the court.

My arguement are:
a) the buyer loan is not rejected by the bank, cause the banker still offer him 60%, only himself not able to come out the balance. In addition, the buyer if not willing to buy the property after signing the offer to purchase, could cheat & simply apply bank loan @ only submit insufficient docs in order to make his loan application failed.

b) The buyer should 1st ensure his financial ability, market price & the amount of loan he can borrowed before signing the offer to purchase. If everyone also said bank not approve, then what else protection to the vendor??

Am I entitled legally to forfeit his earnest deposit in this case?? What are the formal procedures to do so??
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: