HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

moving out from a problem room and refund of deposit

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dumb08

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: moving out from a problem room and refund of deposit Reply with quote

hi,
i wish someone could help me on this
I want to cancel off the rental deal with Mr.A
FYI, Mr.A is the main tenant of the apartment but he did not stay at the apartment as he`s working and staying somewhere else

Last 2-3 weeks, bcoz of my internship program at a company far from my home, i started to search a room near my working area, my cousin helped me to post online and a guy, Mr. A contact me and said he could offer me a room, and need me to confirm with him on the same day, and telling me that many people had called him. bcoz of the place is far from my home, i dont have time to go and actually see the unit, he just send me a simple photo of the room via e-mail and tell me that its fully furnished. eventually, i confirm with him and he asked me to pay him a month of deposit as i only will stay for 4-5 months. i banked in an hour later. then another guy text me and offer me another room, so i text Mr.A and asked whether the deposit is refundable if i cancel off the deal, he will refund if i get someone to replace. I asked for receipt and he say he`ll post it to my house address.

After few days, Mr.A asked me to meet up at the apartment at 12noon - 1pm, i depart from my house and reached the place at around 11.30am, i walked around the apartment area and decided to visit a cyber cafe while waiting for him to arrive. As the clock struck 12 noon, i text him and he replied that he`s busy and will only arrive in an hour time. so i waited for another 1 hour and he still not yet arrive, called him, didn`t answer, and after another 1 hour (total of 2 hrs) he called me and ask me to meet him at the entrance.

He brought me to the apartment, and OH GOSH, there`s even stray cats staying in the apartment! he showed me the room, and the room is ok, and told me that he`ll remove all his stuff and clean it before i move in. After that, he showed me the kitchen area and the toilet, at a glance, i felt disgusting and there`s even bad smells. I wanted to cancel off the deal but if i do so i can`t take back my deposit. I`m not rich so that deposit is also a quite alot of amount of money for me. So i just stay with the deal.

After 1 week, he called me and asked me to bank in another month of deposit, (so its total of 2 months deposit now) as the house owner need it for security purposes. So i banked in on the same day and again i asked for receipt, he says he will scan it including the first receipt and email me as soon as i bank in, in the end, he didn`t send me the receipt.

Few days later, (still no receipt) he told me that on the day i move in, he will not free to pass me the keys at the apartment and asked me to take it from him at another place which is 1 hour drive away from the apartment. I told him i can`t and then he say he`ll pass the keys to another housemate to pass to me and told me that he`ll leave the receipt on the desk before i move in.

1 day before moving in, he say he`ll come to the apartment and pass the key to me himself. He asked me what time i`ll arrive at the apartment, i told him around 4-5pm and he agree to meet up at that time.

MOVING-IN
From my hometown, drove almost 500km to the apartment, arrived at 3.30 pm, had lunch and wait till 4pm and text him, AGAIN he says he`s busy and will come in around 1 hour. AGAIN, i waited for him for 1 hour! and yet, he did not appear, i called him and he off him phone! from 4pm, waited until 7.30pm before going out to have my dinner somewhere, he called me and ask me to go to the apartment immediately!
i quickly rush back to the apartment and he is clearing up him room! And he told me that i have to clean up the room as he need to rush to somewhere. Leaving the dirty floor and cupboards to me. I asked for receipt and he told me that he will leave it on the table before he leave. I went out to have my dinner and before i came back to the apartment, he sms me that, he is rushing and forgot to leave the receipt to me, and again he say he will scan and send it via email. but in the end he didn`t.

After staying for 2 nights, i realize that the room located just next to the lifts and its very very very noisy, and the toilet got no hot shower and dirty. I`m searching another room to rent and wanted to move out. and until today i didn`t receive any receipt from him.

My question is, Can i move out as soon as possible and get back my deposit and only paying him the rental that i stay?

FYI, i did not sign any documents with him

Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: