HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ask to sign a "consent to property as-built" lette

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
neoteric

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Ask to sign a "consent to property as-built" lette Reply with quote

I recently purchased a completed residential property from the developer but still pending OC. Anyway, i was asked to sign the S&P and a letter of "consent to property as-built" is this normal as this is my 3 rd property and i never recalled having to sign such a letter. Furthermore, i have yet to received the keys to the property which would take maybe 3months pending release of funds from the bank. Nor have i really went to the said property to thoroughly inspect everything. So how can the developer lawyer ask me to sign stating below--->

I/We hereby agree to accept the abovementioned Property as-built in its present structure and specifications notwithstanding that it may be otherwise contained in and/or annexed to the Sale and Purchase Agreement and my/our signature hereto signifies that we/I are/am satisfied with the said Property in its present state and condition and will not raise any requisition or objection hereafter subject to the defects that you are legally obligated etc.

Is this normal or even legal? I would that such a consent would only be signed after i have moved in. Pls give your opinion. Thanks

hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:08 pm    Post subject: completed residential unit to check with developer's specs Reply with quote

For easy understanding, you may check the completed residential unit with the developer's specifications to finalise what are the possible changes that may or may not be approved prior to you embarking on this purchase.

In this way, you can seek the developer's help to inspect the property as well with you. Whether, this is still within the inspection period of 24 months after delivery of vacant possession is not an issue here.

Actually, you could have also asked for renovation bills to check what alterations or extension works are done on the property. This is particularly helpful for RPGT purposes since these are benefits that will enhance the value of property, therefore, is subject to RPGT assessment if your purchase is within the first five (5) years of purchase upon the initial sale from the developer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: