HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Earnest money paid, owner bankcrupt soon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
summergirl

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Earnest money paid, owner bankcrupt soon Reply with quote

Hello all sifus,
BAD LUCK... NEED YOUR HELP.
I deal with agent for a unit of apartment.
19-May-2011 I paid 2% of RM260k as earnest money to purchase an apartment in Penang. Agent asked to pay the Money direct to owner.
27-May-2011 All bank approved, I planned to sign S&P, end up no sign because last minutes housing loan agent informed me that the owner is being sue to be bankrupt hearing on June, info from CTOS.
Because of this, the following few days, all bank loan rejected.
31-May-2011 We signed another legal document that The booking is valid until the CTOS record clear (infinite date), then only i will proceed for S&P or owner pay me back the 2% to cancel the booking to protect myself.
Now i want to get back the 2% but the owner said no money to refund. Any action i can take to get the refund?
erizzzzz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as a buyer, i have a right for a 2% refund since u have signed another legal documents regarding the booking wherein u as the buyer can proceed with the S&P or get back the 2% from the vendor. and u choose to get the 2% back.

prepare a letter to the seller, enclosing the copy of documents that u have signed and inform that u will proceed with legal suit if the money is not refunded.
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your agent is the party to be blamed for your misery.

Take this before the Valuers and Appraisal board for real estate. Don't delay since the agent should not keep your earnest deposit. A refund of the full 2% is imminent sine the agent failed in doing their job.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: