HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Size of property differ from S&P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alvinjblau

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Size of property differ from S&P Reply with quote

Hi, I recently paid an earnest deposit for a subsale property through an agent. All these while i was under the impression that the property is about 1.2k sq ft. But when i hired a lawyer and started with the loan agreement and legal docs, the owner's s&p indicates the size to be more than 100sq ft smaller. What can/shall I do? I like the unit, but i feel cheated at the same time.
erizzzzz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this could happen as sometimes the agent didnt get the full details of the property.

what is important is the status of the property, whether i can be sold or not, price and age of the property.

also, the mistakes did not happen during or after u signed the agreement.
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: sub-sale adjustments Reply with quote

Unfortunately, in sub-sales, there is no adjustment scale values for differences in the total built-up area found on the agreement that differs form the unit as is where is basis location.

However, you may bring your argument before the Housing tribunal if you think that your unit could be smaller than other units during its construction stages by the developer. That means you got to get hold of the first sale & purchase agreement, especially, if a Deed of Mutual Covenants ia also provided.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: