HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is the legal fees refundable???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shing1987

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 5:31 pm    Post subject: Is the legal fees refundable??? Reply with quote

Dear Admins and Forumers,

I have purchase a house since last year. But it is troublesome due to the developer already bankrupcy and all the documents are in charge by a liquidator company.

So, i've appointed a S&P lawyer and my Citibank banker has recommend a loan agreement lawyer to me.
The S&P agreement between the owner and me had already signed and done. The loan from Citibank already approved and i've signed the letter offer too.

Unfortunately, we stucked at the last stage that the loan agreement lawyer request for the master quit rent receipt which the liquidator can't present it.
From the liquidator info, they said the assets sold off by the last developer is not able to cover up the master quit rent fees.

I've also tried to borrow from other banks but most of them rejected me too. So at last, i give up to buy that house because i have run out of ideas.

I just wonder is it the S&P and Loan agreement legal fees are refundable?
Of course, i know they did their job, i don't expect 100%, maybe like 50% or 30%? Coz it's a bit heartache that the RM5-6k legal fees just burned and i'm not getting my house at all.

Anyone can give advises? Thank you.
reeverbot

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dear shing1987,

its heartbroken to see some developers abandon the project. its the waste of material, time and money. .am sorry for you man

n for your information, legal fee is non refundable. yes. you cannot take back the money that you paid to them. because its stated in the law that you must pay certain money to them for their job. yet, you could ask for a discount Smile

sincerely,
reeverbot
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the biggest headache and I think I have mentioned here in this forum.

When the developer have not settled the land premiums, almost everything is a standstill. Purchasers cannot enter private caveats. If the Master title list is surrendered for realienation to the land office, imagine the difficulties in getting the names altered and how much longer will this take before its completion of the Master title list again.

Check with the developer and land office to see how to manage this matter.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: