HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lawyer claiming more fee after initial full payment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Timbak2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:14 pm    Post subject: Lawyer claiming more fee after initial full payment Reply with quote

Hi all please advice,
In early July2010 I've signed the S&P selling my house & had make a full payment for the legal fee as required by the lawyer.
Recently got a bill again of RM$840 from my lawyer after the long uncompleted process, reason that there is a new requirement form from Wilayah land office that they need to submit & are charging me for the process.
Below is the break down of the bill

Professional charges :$440
Postage, phone, Fax & photocopy :$50
Stamp duty : $40
Official search :$100
Affirmation Statutory Charge :$80
Transport & other incidental Charge :$100
Courier & Postage : $50

All of the charges were similar to my 1st payment bill.
Should I need to pay since the full payment of the legal fee had been already charge & paid?
Is this ethical to add more of the charges in the midst of the process?
Thank you.
cynthusc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lawyer claiming more fee after initial full payment Reply with quote

Timbak2 wrote:
Hi all please advice,
In early July2010 I've signed the S&P selling my house & had make a full payment for the legal fee as required by the lawyer.
Recently got a bill again of RM$840 from my lawyer after the long uncompleted process, reason that there is a new requirement form from Wilayah land office that they need to submit & are charging me for the process.
Below is the break down of the bill

Professional charges :$440
Postage, phone, Fax & photocopy :$50
Stamp duty : $40
Official search :$100
Affirmation Statutory Charge :$80
Transport & other incidental Charge :$100
Courier & Postage : $50

All of the charges were similar to my 1st payment bill.
Should I need to pay since the full payment of the legal fee had been already charge & paid?
Is this ethical to add more of the charges in the midst of the process?
Thank you.

You have to ask them what do they mean by resubmit? It doesn't make sense. Ask them to explain the entire process and why there is additional charges then post their explanation here.
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Request for copies of receipts for work done and documents provided and returned will be helpful to see what type of arrangement of initial work have been followed.

Guess the ideal plan may not have gone so ideally, after all, humans are humans.
Timbak2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks fellas for your input, we've managed to resolved the problems with long battle with the lawyer & give in at half the said fee.
Anyway the transaction had been drag more than 8mths & coming to a final draw down, thus did not want to make the matter worse.
Thanks again.
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 4:23 pm    Post subject: Thank you for the electricity Reply with quote

Also, please send my thanks for the electricity that we can enjoy. Without electricity, there will be no point of having internet connection.

Thank you very, very, very much.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: