HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Li Villas or Prima 16

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
suanee

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:41 pm    Post subject: Li Villas or Prima 16 Reply with quote

Hi, I am thinking of buying an apartment around PJ or Taman Tun.

I quite like Li Villas and Prima 16 at PJ. Can anyone give me some info on these 2 condos?

Why is there such a big difference in price between the 2; around RM600K-650K for 1700sq ft at Li Villas and RM500K-RM550K for the same amount of space at Prima 16?

Do you get the noise from the nearby Damansara road?
wmfong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 8:50 pm    Post subject: livilla or prima 16 Reply with quote

i have a unit at prima 16.. corner unit 10th floor 1600sf for sale. price is 450k.
rollsroyce

PostPosted: Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why is there such a big difference in price between the 2;
I don't know why but I can tell you this:-
Prima 16 (1384 sqft) - the price has depreciated by 8.06% from 2003 to 2006.
Li Villas (1173 sqft) - the price has depreciated by 0.13% from 2003 to 2006.
Li Villas (1745 sqft) - the price has depreciated by 1.45% from 2004 to 2006.

Quote:
around RM600K-650K for 1700sq ft at Li Villas
Nope, the market value is only about $540k.

Quote:
and RM500K-RM550K for the same amount of space at Prima 16?
Nope, the market value is only about $421k.
qwerty~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have seen both prima 16 is hmm around 14 yrs old or more .. design is pretty dated. li villas has 2 phases, 1st one is about 5 yrs old the other about 1yr +
the difference in price is down to the finishing and li villas is without a doubt more luxurious.
1200 unit in prima 16 going just below 300k
equvalent in li villas 430k and up
CYKOED

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

prima 16 phase 2 still looks to be a good buy especially for owner occupiers. much lower density with only 5 units a floor, with uninterrupted PJ views on 4 of them. since the design is linear, you do not get back-to-back or side-to-side units overlooking and blocking each other, so there's much better ventilation, space and light. most condos suffer from the pigeon hole effect, with high density and crowding, and phase 2 is rare to not have this problem. there's also a high percentage of owner occupiers, and many plans in place to start upgrading of the development. interestingly, there's been a recent pick up in rental demand from expats who are fed up of the crowded environment in mont kiara, and who've found a condo 'homier' than most, and more comfortable and settled. a quick scan of the type of cars parked (and most have 2 carparks allocated) at night is also a great indicator of the quality of the residents. li villas of course is newer - but for the newness and perception of what you get from it quickly wears down once you factor in the high density and many problems that brings, late night noise reverberating from the phileo development (i've heard there's so much problems with the thudding music till late from the night joints there), road roar and pollution from the next door highway (which then blocks it from prima 16!), and potential iceberg effect of yet uncovered building defects.
elynL

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any broadband service at prima 16? how is the service? plan to get the connection there.
CYKOED

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2007 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's streamyx...and also a new provider but i cant remember the name!
duke69

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rollsroyce wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rolls Royce,
May I have your calculation for the above??

I did buy Livillas phase 2 and finished to pay the last installment with vacant possession in April 2007, 1745 sft, paid +/- 500,000 rm, fully reno for 70,000 rm +/-. Received offer from my tenant (@4500 per month = yield 9.5%) for 660K which I denied.....(my request is 700K which leaves a 8% yield, nowadays very good considering that the property is still appreciating -- or at least I think so)

Rent already cashed 8 months = 36,000 rm

no loan

It would be nice to have your calculation so I can understand why and how much I lost on this investment..... Wink Wink

beside of this I am not malaysian and the Rm revaluated about 11% vs us$ and 5% vs Euro (which is the currency I imported to buy the property) which means that there is an additional forex gain.

Livillas is the newest and last condo in Sec 16 which is a wonderful place where to live, the reason why I'm not very keen in selling it is that I may consider to rent the place where I actually live in MK and move to sec.16, better place (sec.16 than MK) and more rent (MK the rent might be higher).

The OP has to consider whether to buy for investment or for own stay, Prima 16 is a good and cheap cash cow, LV phase 2 can be both, but for living in is a pleasure (no noise, wonderful amenities, very good management, breeze, convenient location, no constructions around, clean and high class -- the whole of sec 16 is)
mic84

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ppl,
May i know how much is the maintenance fee of these 2 condos?
any help appreciated.=)
mic84

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...anyone?
T-1001

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know .... if i not mistaken , it is 22 cents. 20 + 2 cents for sinking fund.
bluebell

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up this old thread, went to view an unit in Prima 16 the other day, fell in love with the peaceful & quiet environment for the first sight. It is indeed an old condo but truly well kept.
Anyhow, what hold us back is the high maintenance fees (around RM0.27 per square feet including sinking fund). I guess it is reasonable due to the low density in such a wide area & good maintenance, but still it is a burden needed to be considered. Crying or Very sad
NGla

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 12:14 am    Post subject: Any unit for selling in Li Villa or Prima 16 Reply with quote

Please post if anyone selling unit in Li Villa or Prima 16.
peejay

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Li Villas for sale Reply with quote

Yes. One unit at Li Villas. Pls mail me at pjlean@yahoo.com
Felis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

duke69,

if you're reading this, may i ask why did you pick Li Villas out of the other condos in this sec 16 / 17 area? What do you think of Tiara and Astana, if I may ask?

i still don't see many western restaurants/cafes/pubs there in sec 16 Razz

duke69 wrote:
rollsroyce wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Rolls Royce,
May I have your calculation for the above??

I did buy Livillas phase 2 and finished to pay the last installment with vacant possession in April 2007, 1745 sft, paid +/- 500,000 rm, fully reno for 70,000 rm +/-. Received offer from my tenant (@4500 per month = yield 9.5%) for 660K which I denied.....(my request is 700K which leaves a 8% yield, nowadays very good considering that the property is still appreciating -- or at least I think so)

Rent already cashed 8 months = 36,000 rm

no loan

It would be nice to have your calculation so I can understand why and how much I lost on this investment..... Wink Wink

beside of this I am not malaysian and the Rm revaluated about 11% vs us$ and 5% vs Euro (which is the currency I imported to buy the property) which means that there is an additional forex gain.

Livillas is the newest and last condo in Sec 16 which is a wonderful place where to live, the reason why I'm not very keen in selling it is that I may consider to rent the place where I actually live in MK and move to sec.16, better place (sec.16 than MK) and more rent (MK the rent might be higher).

The OP has to consider whether to buy for investment or for own stay, Prima 16 is a good and cheap cash cow, LV phase 2 can be both, but for living in is a pleasure (no noise, wonderful amenities, very good management, breeze, convenient location, no constructions around, clean and high class -- the whole of sec 16 is)

Jo-Leo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:12 am    Post subject: Prima 16 Reply with quote

Hi Folks,

I'm looking for a corner unit in Prima 16 Chapter 1, please contact me if you know of any that are available. I would also like to understand why there's a big difference in the prices between the Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 condos.

What's the security like in Chapter 1 and 2? Do you have to wait long for the elevator to arrive since there're only 2 lifts which serve 6 units on each floor? Would greatly appreciate any advice on buying in Prima 16.

Many thanks in advance.
john_gpjm

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject: Looking to buy Prima 16 Reply with quote

Looking to buy a place in Prima 16. Kindly contact me if anyone selling. Looking for below 1500 sq feet and below. Better if low floors.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: