HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Property bubble going to burst?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Marlboloh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Property bubble going to burst? Reply with quote

Had a dinner with a friend of mine who works in loan department for an international bank. According to him, internally, his bank foreseen the bubble of property market in Malaysia, especially in KV, is going to burst very soon. Reason: all new launches are very expensive, way above average Malaysian capita income but still sold out within a week. Most buyers can't really afford the property but attractive offer from developers ie 0% installment till completion of property, make most buyers to think this is a better opportunity to make investment. They will sell the property upon completion at a profit. Sooner or later, market will be flooded but demands getting lesser. Those who can afford it have already make purchase, those who can't afford it will stay away. But the owner of the said property is not capable of paying the monthly installment on long term. Easy way out: auction the property at a lose
Anyone can share his/her opinion on this.
beekay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is NO property bubble. Yes new launches are very expensive, but look at those older houses >5 years old, most still selling at very affordable prices. Take for example in Bandar Kinrara Puchong, brand new Intermediate terrace house (QASEH) developer price RM945k, but nearby 1km away, 10 year old Intermediate terrace house only cost RM450k. So it this a bubble? Certainly not.
Felix07Richerd

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are telling the true, I also have same opinion about this.
jcvstlys

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bubble is only happening in Mont Kiara and KLCC

Malaysia Properties
venice_sia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

would like to ask some professional opinion...

1. how much is the SemiD in damansara perdana rafflesia worth whereby different agent selling different prices n some r really ridiculous for the same type of house...i'm here particularly asking Type A phase 1 semiD...when the property launch is about 1.4M onwards...now they are asking 1M more for an empty house...

2. is not the best area for that type of price, developer promised to complete all the projects by this year, but now not even quarter finish...moreover, not proper foundation, close to tension wire, constant delay...even the bank adjuster doesnt quote that much, how should i nego with the owner and agent?

PLEASE ADVICE from any parties,especially from real estate experts and investor..
beekay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If seller wants RM1MIL profit, and you willing to "donate" that RM1MIL to him, that's your decision. Otherwise just walk away and look somewhere else. There are much much better properties than Rafflesia, which is LEASEHOLD! Better just go for FREEHOLD else where. Trust me your future generations will THANK you for a FREEHOLD than a depreciating LEASEHOLD property.

venice_sia wrote:
would like to ask some professional opinion...

1. how much is the SemiD in damansara perdana rafflesia worth whereby different agent selling different prices n some r really ridiculous for the same type of house...i'm here particularly asking Type A phase 1 semiD...when the property launch is about 1.4M onwards...now they are asking 1M more for an empty house...

2. is not the best area for that type of price, developer promised to complete all the projects by this year, but now not even quarter finish...moreover, not proper foundation, close to tension wire, constant delay...even the bank adjuster doesnt quote that much, how should i nego with the owner and agent?

PLEASE ADVICE from any parties,especially from real estate experts and investor..
venice_sia

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks alot for the opinion..how about tivoli in bangsar?

i'm still new in buying house and do not know how's the market goes...

would anyone please kindly answer few queries of mine?

1. tivoli villa in bangsar is it a worth buy?

2. i like the pool view unit, from what i've researched, just last year mid of May, they are asking for 460k for pool view, this year,now is just April, agents and house owner are asking 780k...can i ask, how's all this prices keep going up like no body business..is that right that they can just simply sell house at those price?

please help me out here...thanks
stea2221

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about valencia....leasehold but w a lot of upsides
venice_sia

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would b nice if i can stay there, but it's too far out for me..i'm working in PJ, so i prefer sum wer ard here, any suggestion?
jazzys

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I need opinion where is it a good price at RM328K to buy Perdana View Condo - 890sf at this moment?
Heard many ppl saying that the property is going to burst predicting after CNY.. Rolling Eyes

Please advise..
KSC

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many signs tell me our property market will be imploding soon. Here are some of them;-

1) I personally know many rich and savvy investors unloading their investment properties because they think it has peaked and about to tank.

2) You get mailers from prime location developers asking you to attend their soft launch and pay a certain amount and nothing more until completion. These are the same developers who wont entertain you when you visit their sales offices because all properties were sold or reserved for insiders.

3) You hear more positive public statements from people with vested interest in the property industry- bank executives, housing developers association, developers and real estate agents. Do you expect them to say that the property market has softened and going to tank? Their livelihood depend on it.

4) Signs of wide spread recession this time round. Emerging economies escaped the last recession, it wont be spared this time round. While the last recession was precipated by the USA, the next one would most likely be caused by an imploding Europe. Maybe Greece would be the catalyst that triggers the start of another contagion. Also, China's economy is slowing and they have their own property bubble to worry about. China may experience a hard-landing.

If the property bubble burst, cheaper propeties are not spared. The only difference is the quantum.

As for me I am raising cash and waiting for the next big opportunity.
goBetong

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keeping cash ????

At this time of super-inflation with running away food prices, government dishing handouts/salary adjustments in the latest budget, QE 2, 3... in US/Europe.

Keep your cash and 5 years down the road, it's good enough for use as toilet papers.
sipu

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hahahaha! my sentiments exactly Laughing
Felix07Richerd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is really good time to invest in real estate. real estate market would boom shortly. You know exactly what the reason is to buy a property, there will be much easier to keep everything in focus clear.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: