HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

28 @ Old Klang Road
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: 28 @ Old Klang Road Reply with quote

Wondering if anyone has noticed the hoarding boards just off the junction in front of OUG along OKR. Only shortcoming is, it cannot accessed from OUG junction directly, u'll have to turn up left towards the Balai Polis to make u-turn down.

4 storey commercial shoplots for sale

Freehold
Strata but sold en-bloc
28 units in all

25x80 except for some irregular units

Intermediate priced from 1.78 to 1.98 mil
b/up 4500 to 5162
grd flr from 563 psf
upper flrs from 264psf

Yields said to be 2.90 psf x 2317sf (grd flr)
Returns approx 6.5%

Got potential?

To be launched next week but only few units left. Early birds get a further 5% disc.
Joink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I am aware of. Not too sure 28 units will be enough to make the place "wong" but I guess it depends on frontage, accessibility & parking for this project to be viable. Plenty of options along OKR now.

- Very small project at OKR turning to Kuchai, near the wet market.
- Newly completed shops opposite OUG Sentral
- Shops on top of Tesco OKR
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be ong no doubt, just opposite OUG Bdr Park which enjoys full take up & low turn over of tenants & bizs, but accessibilty via u turn at Balai Polis would cut off some traffic from OUG & wouldn't be as seamlessly connected to Bdr Park. Maybe should wait for the massive proj down at 4th mile market. But price is tempting with modern mall like facade & features.

Still all sold, mostly from folks from OUG & OKR.

Do u know the name of the project opposite the the 4th mile pasar just before the flyover. Saw the papan sometime back boasting of an integrated comm devmt 20 storeys tall. Should be the TESCO one.
Joink

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Took a slight detour to have a look at 28 OKR on the way to work. I think the shops facing OKR should be alright due to the visibility even though the access is not that direct. Might turn out to be something like the shops (where PapaRich opened) in Kuchai. Shops facing Kuchai main road are thriving but those behind are a bit dead.

There is no firm name yet for the Tesco shops. Agents in iproperty are advertising as Metro Centre OKR. Developer is Aston Villa. Not the same one that got trashed by Chelsea Very Happy . The question mark about this project is will there be human traffic flow to the shops since it is above Tesco? I guess 3 blocks of Soho units above the shops will help.

Other major OKR projects that are in the pipeline are Pearl Point 2 & another main commercial area on the wet market area which is a flood prone area.
yfo2000

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 @ Old Klang Road Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
Wondering if anyone has noticed the hoarding boards just off the junction in front of OUG along OKR. Only shortcoming is, it cannot accessed from OUG junction directly, u'll have to turn up left towards the Balai Polis to make u-turn down.

Freehold
Strata but sold en-bloc
28 units in all

b/up 4500 to 5162
grd flr from 563 psf
upper flrs from 264psf

Returns approx 6.5%

Got potential?

To be launched next week but only few units left. Early birds get a further 5% disc.

I have no confidence for this project but am really looking forward for PP2. Btw, the shops at OKR wet market are not for sale by the owner. Very Happy
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joink wrote:
Took a slight detour to have a look at 28 OKR on the way to work. I think the shops facing OKR should be alright due to the visibility even though the access is not that direct. Might turn out to be something like the shops (where PapaRich opened) in Kuchai. Shops facing Kuchai main road are thriving but those behind are a bit dead.

There is no firm name yet for the Tesco shops. Agents in iproperty are advertising as Metro Centre OKR. Developer is Aston Villa. Not the same one that got trashed by Chelsea Very Happy . The question mark about this project is will there be human traffic flow to the shops since it is above Tesco? I guess 3 blocks of Soho units above the shops will help.

Other major OKR projects that are in the pipeline are Pearl Point 2 & another main commercial area on the wet market area which is a flood prone area.

Yes think the shops might be suitable for some bistros, pubs & support for offices upstairs, not bizs that require a lot of traffic. Offices for services & consultancies should enjoy good take up from spill over demand from Bdr Park.

Keep us posted on the SOHO units as i would be keen if priced right. I thought that the flood at the wet market was a thing of the past after they widened it to 8 lanes.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:41 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 @ Old Klang Road Reply with quote

yfo2000 wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

Freehold
Strata but sold en-bloc
28 units in all

b/up 4500 to 5162
grd flr from 563 psf
upper flrs from 264psf

Returns approx 6.5%

Got potential?

I have no confidence for this project but am really looking forward for PP2. Btw, the shops at OKR wet market are not for sale by the owner. Very Happy

Where is PP2 & when sch for launch? Shame that shops at OKR wet market only for lease at sits on the confluence of Happy Garden/ Kuchai Lama & OUG.
Joink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
Yes think the shops might be suitable for some bistros, pubs & support for offices upstairs, not bizs that require a lot of traffic. Offices for services & consultancies should enjoy good take up from spill over demand from Bdr Park.

Keep us posted on the SOHO units as i would be keen if priced right. I thought that the flood at the wet market was a thing of the past after they widened it to 8 lanes.

SOHO will be going from rm300k for 700sqft. I think they are trying to finish the 4 story shops facing OKR first to build a showroom.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

SOHO will be going from rm300k for 700sqft. I think they are trying to finish the 4 story shops facing OKR first to build a showroom.

Thanks Joink, pls keep us posted on its launch.
lrm9999

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i heard the 1st block has been open for booking today but 90% has been taken up
ysmn

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The vibrant activity in today's property market reminds me of the 1st half of The 1980's. Then, The Housing Developers' Act did not exist. Today, its intentions are not having much effect on the market. What happens next will be very interesting.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lrm9999 wrote:
i heard the 1st block has been open for booking today but 90% has been taken up

Yes way even before launch, only a few units in the row behind were left, all the ones with main road frontage sold. OKR is hot!
yfo2000

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 @ Old Klang Road Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
yfo2000 wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

Freehold
Strata but sold en-bloc
28 units in all

b/up 4500 to 5162
grd flr from 563 psf
upper flrs from 264psf

Returns approx 6.5%

Got potential?

Where is PP2 & when sch for launch? Shame that shops at OKR wet market only for lease at sits on the confluence of Happy Garden/ Kuchai Lama & OUG.

PP2 is just next to PP. No idea when are they going to launch the project but I am eyeing it everyday Embarassed
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 28 @ Old Klang Road Reply with quote

yfo2000 wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
yfo2000 wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

Freehold
Strata but sold en-bloc
28 units in all

b/up 4500 to 5162
grd flr from 563 psf
upper flrs from 264psf

Returns approx 6.5%

Got potential?

PP2 is just next to PP. No idea when are they going to launch the project but I am eyeing it everyday Embarassed

Heard that Scott was the darling of OKR when it was launched, but at the asking price points, it has gone head to head with Saville. One is an integrated commercial, the other, residential. Which is better?

Btw pls keep us updated on PP2.
Joink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't mind me asking, what's so interesting about PP2?
weiseong

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

now. tower 3 launching tomorrow. selling at 400k for the 775sqft! :s how? still good buy?
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

now. tower 3 launching tomorrow. selling at 400k for the 775sqft! :s how? still good buy?

Dunno leh. I'm convinced that OKR is a good loc, a great location in fact. Just not so convinced that SOHOs might work out for OKR.

Think the price point psf stands almost shoulder to shoulder with Saville & some older options to be found in Tmn Desa & Seputeh, albeit they're residential offerings. I stand to be corrected as i'm just drawing out arguments here.

Would the price point commensurate with the yields later? Would there be a niche for Small Office Home Offices in OKR?

Speaking for myself, if in doubt i'd prefer to err on the side of caution. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but at the same time, no money is lost either. But the DIBs, easy down & rebates makes for a tempting offer. All depends on how risk averse u are.

Last edited by Daryl Teo on Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:11 am; edited 1 time in total
weiseong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

Dunno leh. I'm convinced that OKR is a good loc, a great location in fact. Just not so convinced that SOHOs might work out for that loc.

Think the price point psf stands almost shoulder to shoulder with Saville & some older options to be found in Tmn Desa & Seputeh, albeit they're residential offerings. I stand to be corrected as i'm just drawing out arguments for & against.

Would the price point commensurate with the yields later? Would there be a niche for Small Office Home Offices in OKR?

Speaking for myself, if in doubt i'd prefer to err on the side of caution. Nothing ventured nothing gained, but at the same time, no money is lost either. But the DIBs, easy down & rebates makes for a tempting offer. All depends on how risk averse u are.

i do have confidence in SOHO, and in OKR area. but at almost RM500/sqft i don't know what the ROI is man.... i think they have just priced it at the peak... so prolly a good buy for own stay but not for investment... Sad
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

Dunno leh. I'm convinced that OKR is a good loc, a great location in fact. Just not so convinced that SOHOs might work out for that loc.

Think the price point psf stands almost shoulder to shoulder with Saville & some older options to be found in Tmn Desa & Seputeh, albeit they're residential offerings. I stand to be corrected as i'm just drawing out arguments for & against.

i do have confidence in SOHO, and in OKR area. but at almost RM500/sqft i don't know what the ROI is man.... i think they have just priced it at the peak... so prolly a good buy for own stay but not for investment... Sad

I thought it was a bit high too & caps wise it's already priced in. The other question to ask now, if it's not an equity play, would the yields commensurate with the price? Would it prove to be a good yields play? Is there a need for smallish SOHOs in OKR? If buying to occupy why not scour the immediate area for options? Unless of course one is drawn by the easy entry & 3 yr buffer while u/c to plan ahead.

Go with what your gut tells u, since Paul only predicts football; we can't ask him! Btw the sotong predicted Spain will take the cup home this Sunday!
weiseong

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

I thought it was a bit high too & caps wise it's already priced in. The other question to ask now, if it's not an equity play, would the yields commensurate with the price? Would it prove to be a good yield play? Is there a need for smallish SOHOs in OKR? If buying to occupy why not scour the immediate area for options? Unless of course one is drawn by the easy entry & 3 yr buffer while u/c to plan ahead.

Go with what your gut tells u, since Paul only predicts football; we can't ask him! Btw the sotong predicted Spain will take the cup home!

hmmmm... my guts are telling me to sit out for this one... i have no doubt that the units will be snapped up like hot cakes tomorrow but like u say, caps are already priced in.... and i really doubt the yield will be interesting too... not for tower 3 definitely that is.... for tower 1 buyers it will definitely be a good buy. i think.

so i guess i'm gonna rest my case here. not gonna think about it anymore. Very Happy
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
weiseong wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:
Joink wrote:
Daryl Teo wrote:

I thought it was a bit high too & caps wise it's already priced in. The other question to ask now, if it's not an equity play, would the yields commensurate with the price? Would it prove to be a good yield play? Is there a need for smallish SOHOs in OKR? If buying to occupy why not scour the immediate area for options? Unless of course one is drawn by the easy entry & 3 yr buffer while u/c to plan ahead.

Go with what your gut tells u, since Paul only predicts football; we can't ask him! Btw the sotong predicted Spain will take the cup home!

hmmmm... my guts are telling me to sit out for this one... i have no doubt that the units will be snapped up like hot cakes tomorrow but like u say, caps are already priced in.... and i really doubt the yield will be interesting too... not for tower 3 definitely that is.... for tower 1 buyers it will definitely be a good buy. i think.

so i guess i'm gonna rest my case here. not gonna think about it anymore. Very Happy

Good for u! U have very finely honed instincts, that's very vital to start with. Figures are important but don't always let it blindside u to the obvious. We can take a lesson from Paul the Sotong, many would like to think that football statistics & analysis is an exact science; at least football analysts & commentators would like to think so. But Paul proved otherwise just by the simple picking of morsels, so there is really an art to Paul's random oracles.

Likewise, your gut will tell u if this is a good investment or otherwise, forget what the agents or developers tell u from their skewed comparative analysis, potential ROIs, demographs & price medians for similar developments in the area etc.

Would agree that earlier purchasers would have a wider margin to mitigate risk, but even then, my gut tells me not to enter & so far it has not failed me.
ysmn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoHo Bandwagon trundling by.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, ain't no trailer park at what it's asking. I pass.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spore's Mani the Burung picked Holland. Let's see who's right. I go with the Sotong!! heh heh!

..thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/7/10/nation/6641181&sec=nation
weiseong

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl Teo wrote:
Spore's Mani the Burung picked Holland. Let's see who's right. I go with the Sotong!! heh heh!

..thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/7/10/nation/6641181&sec=nation

I will go with Mani the birdie and have tako for breakfast tomorrow!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: