HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marketing strategies

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Stocks Market and Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ruselrones

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:59 pm    Post subject: Marketing strategies Reply with quote

I've been using AdWords to try and advertise my site, but I've found that that doesn't really seem to be enough. So I did some research and I've some strategies that are starting to work for me. You all might find this interesting, too.

1. Search Engine Optimization. You hear about this all the time because it's so important. Basically, it means that your web site has to be optimized to make it easier for search engines to rank you. If you're a newbie at Search Engine Optimization, the best place to get started is at SEOmoz (it's my favorite Search Engine Optimization site).

2. Build backlinks. Backlinks, ie. sites that link to yours, are another way that search engines use to determine your ranking. One easy way to building backlinks is by posting comments on do-follow blogs or submitting articles to article directories. Make sure when posting comments that your comments are helpful and interesting, and not at all spammy. People wouldn't want to click on the link to your site if your comment didn't catch their attention (and I mean that in a good way). Articles that you submit must also not be word for word copies of any article on your blog/site. You can use the same topic, of course, but be sure to rewrite it. Non-unique articles might be rejected.

3. Keep track of your SERPs ranking. SERP stands for "search engine results page". Basically, this tip means that after doing the first two, you must keep track of just how your ranking changes. It's amazing how many people neglect this tip. Why keep track of your SERPs? Well, keeping track helps you know just what's working for you and what's not.

4. Use social networks. I'm sure you've heard by now how big corporations are leveraging the power of Twitter and Facebook and other social sites in order to market their brand or product. If they can do it, so can we. Building a community, when done right, can net you a lot of new visitors/clients. Be sure to interact with your community, though, and try not to come across as spammy.

And that's if for now. If anyone else has something to add, feel free to do so. I might be able to learn something from you
Xanthia Alysha

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the useful tips.and thanks for sharing with us.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Stocks Market and Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: