HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kitchen Location in Negative or Positive sector?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:26 am    Post subject: Kitchen Location in Negative or Positive sector? Reply with quote

Hi, does anyone realize that there are some conflicts between fengshui masters or school of thoughts about the kitchen location?

Some said it shld be located in a negative sector (Liu Sha/ Six Killings, Wu Gui/ 5 Ghosts, Jue Ming/ Life Threatening, or Huo Hai/ Mishaps) to suppress the negative Qi; whereas others said it should be located in the good sector because it will help to circulate positive Qi whenever we switch on the stove to do cooking.

Anyone has any ideas or better justifications which school of thought to follow?
ngou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchen Location in Negative or Positive sector? Reply with quote

parabe wrote:
Some said it shld be located in a negative sector (Liu Sha/ Six Killings, Wu Gui/ 5 Ghosts, Jue Ming/ Life Threatening, or Huo Hai/ Mishaps) to suppress the negative Qi;

Where do you get this info? I never come across any master suggest to have the kitchen located at the inauspicious sector.
parabe

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchen Location in Negative or Positive sector? Reply with quote

ngou wrote:
parabe wrote:
Some said it shld be located in a negative sector (Liu Sha/ Six Killings, Wu Gui/ 5 Ghosts, Jue Ming/ Life Threatening, or Huo Hai/ Mishaps) to suppress the negative Qi;

Where do you get this info? I never come across any master suggest to have the kitchen located at the inauspicious sector.

Joey Yap, book titled: "Feng Shui for Home Buyers - Interior", pg 133.

I am practising to locate the kitchen at the auspicious sector too. How do you think?
parabe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchen Location in Negative or Positive sector? Reply with quote

parabe wrote:
ngou wrote:
parabe wrote:

I am practising to locate the kitchen at the auspicious sector too. How do you think? Which "bible" to follow?

ngou

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Kitchen Location in Negative or Positive sector? Reply with quote

parabe wrote:
ngou wrote:
parabe wrote:

I am practising to locate the kitchen at the auspicious sector too. How do you think? Which "bible" to follow?

I have not read Joey Yap's book, let me go to book shop to take a look.

Main door, bed room and kitchen should be located at auspicious sector.
parabe

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ngou,

Thanks for your reply and sharing. Looks like you are one of the sifu here in this forum.

May I ask you another question if the stove location is also important beside the kitchen location? I read some books and it say it must also face to those auspicious direction.

I am wondering if this fengshui practice is still relevant if we try to relate it to ancient time, the stove was front located compare to now all located at the top. In old days, our datuk nenek moyang will have to get the kayu & arang put inside the front hole of the stove to make fire.

Nowaday the fire or even more advanced is the ceramic/ induction heater are all facing up and induction heater will not able to see the fire anymore. So, in your opinion, do we still need to emphasis on the stove facing direction in nowaday modern kitchen with more advanced way of cooking technology?

Anyone can think of any logic or scientific way to explain this practice?
ngou

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Parabe,

Just sharing my thought here, don't call me sifu. Embarassed
I just read but practically I am not sure whether it works.

You should know that there are 2 main school of feng shui (1) 8 mansion 八宅 and (2) Flying Star 飞星。
I take 8 mansion for the direction and flying star for the location or sector. Of course, it is hard to get the perfect combination.
For the stove, you can read this .://..ychacademy.com/htdocs/pdf/media-08002005.pdf
It also comment about the stove might burning out the auspicious 'qi'. May be the 'fire hole' for the modern stove is the control switches which it make sense to me. Rolling Eyes
parabe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Ngou,

Thanks for your sharing and reply.

I agree with you fully to take 8 mansion for the DIRECTION (since it give permanent or lifetime effects) and flying star for LOCATION every year (or perhaps month/ day to create some good effects or counter some bad things).

From the book I read, written by HK Master Soo, book titled "风生水起理气篇" 2007 Nov edition, pg.46, I realized that this depend which school of thought we followed.

Classical Fengshui (obviously both Master Yap is following this school) will practise to locate the kitchen at the inauspicious sector as you mentioned to avoid burnt out of good qi.

Non-classical practitioner like Master Soo mentioned in his book if we place the kitchen at inauspicious sector i.e. Wu Gui (5 Ghost) sector which element belong to Fire, and Kitchen is producing Fire, Fire add Fire will produce very bad effects. If a person Life Gua is 6 (乾), which element is Metal ant his/ her kitchen located at South (离), which element is Fire; then Fire anti Metal, which will caused older Male to get sick easier which affected their head, bone, and lung.

Sometimes, it is really hard to determine which school to follow. I just bought 2 more books written by Taiwan and China sifus and will try to do more reading before giving conclusion.
ngou

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Parabe,

I couldn't find the book "Feng Shui for Home Buyers - Interior". Look like master Yap is making a fortune. Also notice master Yap have few more new books. Unfortunately he don't have chinese edition, it is weird when study feng shui in english. Laughing

No matter which school, I think the most important is to matching our life gua and house gua. Of course the general environment study is something cannot be missed as well. Is a long way to go.
parabe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Ngou,

Ya, this Joey Yap book - Interior Fengshui is hot selling. I bought his book Exterior fengshui 1+ years ago and just found this interior fengshui book during last few weeks in a Popular Book fair in IOI Mall.

Anyway, his book doesn't revealed much techniques compared to other authors/ books I read. Pro part is it illustrated with a lot of pictures. Agree with you the weird part of learning fengshui in English. What to do, otherwise we cannot communicate in this forum particularly and there is an uptrend a lot of mat salleh also learning fengshui nowaday I heard.

Since talking abt matching Life Gua and House Gua, do you have any guidelines for a person who have bought a house with the House Gua not matching his/ her Life Gua?

Some sifu said worst come to worst the facing direction of the master bed, stove, and main door will have to adjust and place at the person's auspicious direction. Do you know to what extent or percentage it could help?

Any comment?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: