HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Making Huge Investments in a Down Market?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimyee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 11:47 pm    Post subject: Making Huge Investments in a Down Market? Reply with quote

It is normal for most real estate investors to consider quitting the real estate market when the market is really down. Some people will think that the best way to quit what you have is to sell off and this means selling for less than what you obtained.So what ur Opinion ?
mahzal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why want to quit? This is the best time to get bargain. Hope and pray that the market will crash some more and go in for the kill
aimtrue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have other investment options like shares, a business opportunity or a better property deal elsewhere, heck yeah, might as well dump the property.

Can't be shortsighted to other investments. If shares, or even a simple REIT is paying after-tax dividends of 10-15%, where you don't need to get tenants, manage/repair the property, deal with agents, worry about late payments and have much easier liquidity (can sell and get cash in 3 days), it's a no-brainer. Remember, for properties, have to pay bank interest, agent fees, assessment and income tax on rental.

If someone offers you a business opp - I don't know, maybe take over a 1901 hotdog stall that can give 20-30% returns (gross) or something haha - why the heck not. No point holding on to the property and praying for the upturn that no one has any idea when will come up.

If prices go down lower, you can even buy a better property than the current one.

But, if the property is fully paid up, have good tenant, and you don't want to bother too much and have patience to wait several years, then keep it.
judithscotts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Investing in real estate now is more profitable I think because the prices are down.
evan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi i think as this is the time of market slowdown so it's the best time to invest in the property..!!!
klang-valley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you want to invest in property, please have a long term objective. Example: KLCC price has been going down, but getting tenant is difficult. Be prepare to buy the property without any tenant and you have to pay the installment from your own money.
zilin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me any commercial properties are sold below market price esp in Klang Valley? sub-sales for property in good location, price could never be bargained. those in unfavourable location, prices are not low too. newly launched commercial property, those are sold at "future price" as wat i feel.

if v buy the propoerty (sub-sale) with cash, it may only yiled 5%-7% p.a., after lessing assessment fees and maintenance costs, the return isnt attractive at all.

should mortgage loan is arranged for the property (sub-sale), v r actually working for the bank with liability n probably have to spend for contingency sum esp maintenance / repairing costs at any time.

Anyone can help to strategise this dilemma? hope dont mind
klang-valley

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Zilin,
When you plan to invest in property, you need to calculate the returns after deducting the cost eg maintenance, borrowing cost, etc.

If after your analysis, and that property gives a negative return, then there is no point in buying that property in the first place.

By using mortgage loan, you are actually leveraging. As long as the rental is more than the monthly installment and other expenses, it is preferable to take a loan and use your excess cash to invest in another property or instrument.
genedavinci

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zilin wrote:
Can anyone tell me any commercial properties are sold below market price esp in Klang Valley?

those who knows would probably bought it than to tell you here.
herryBaweja

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can invest in the stock market with as little
ariesgirl43ver_lynn

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

evan wrote:
hi i think as this is the time of market slowdown so it's the best time to invest in the property..!!!
it would depend on the location also. if the land value increase by time being, i prefer to buy properties located within the business hot spot~!
AllenMass

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Investing in real estate now is more profitable I think because the prices are down.Penny stocks is the best site for investing.

Penny Stocks

Penny Stocks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: