HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Timing to buy property

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AmirJR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:27 pm    Post subject: Timing to buy property Reply with quote

Guys (& girls),
I am consodering to buy a place of my own (apartment/condo). Been doing a lot of reading on the economic meltdown and property market. I would like to ask for your opinion on the best time to purchase a property. Do i buy now or do i wait until next year? Some people told me that the best is next year when there will be a lot of bargain sell and bank auctions due to the recession.

Any opinions?
zzoom18

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Timing to buy property Reply with quote

AmirJR wrote:
Guys (& girls),
I am consodering to buy a place of my own (apartment/condo). Been doing a lot of reading on the economic meltdown and property market. I would like to ask for your opinion on the best time to purchase a property. Do i buy now or do i wait until next year? Some people told me that the best is next year when there will be a lot of bargain sell and bank auctions due to the recession.

Any opinions?

Im waiting till early next year too.
ongklsmb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 4:56 pm    Post subject: Will property price and rental fall further? Reply with quote

Since Sep we noticed that prices of most high-end properties like condominiums have dropped quite significantly (10%-20%) in Johor Bahru. This is because those units previously held by developers are now on fire sale. Most developers are now facing liquidity and credit pressures from banks or contractors as everyone in the market is now trying their best to secure cash.

Some developers for the middle-end condominiums have also started to appoint agencies to sell their units below market price. Previously they just relied on their own sale office and staff to sell these units. Suddenly the market is flooded with more supply of properties from both developers and home owners.

Maybe another good news to investors and home buyers – now banks also join the fire sale team. Number of auction properties has increased since early of the year. According to auctioneers: MORE to come next year!!

One side of the market is confirmed – supply has increased.

"Will property price and rental fall further?"
"Latest economic data affecting property market"
"Why floating rate mortgage can be a better choice now?"
"How to finance your real estate investment for maximum return?"
MickeyM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Luciano Marini

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 7:40 pm    Post subject: I think you should wait and watch Reply with quote

I think you should wait and watch the market. I don’t consider the present to be a perfect time to buy property. Give some time for the economy to stabilize and then you can go for it.
eijilee

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Will property price and rental fall further? Reply with quote

ongklsmb wrote:
Since Sep we noticed that prices of most high-end properties like condominiums have dropped quite significantly (10%-20%) in Johor Bahru. This is because those units previously held by developers are now on fire sale. Most developers are now facing liquidity and credit pressures from banks or contractors as everyone in the market is now trying their best to secure cash.

Some developers for the middle-end condominiums have also started to appoint agencies to sell their units below market price. Previously they just relied on their own sale office and staff to sell these units. Suddenly the market is flooded with more supply of properties from both developers and home owners.

Maybe another good news to investors and home buyers – now banks also join the fire sale team. Number of auction properties has increased since early of the year. According to auctioneers: MORE to come next year!!

One side of the market is confirmed – supply has increased.

[url=..reijb.com/property-price-rental-trend/]"Will property price and rental fall further?"[/url]
[url=..reijb.com/economy-data-property-market/]"Latest economic data affecting property market"[/url]
[url=..reijb.com/interest-rate-choice/]"Why floating rate mortgage can be a better choice now?"[/url]
[url=..reijb.com/max-return-investment/]"How to finance your real estate investment for maximum return?"[/url]

Hey, you have any example to support these? Wink Wink
sofia24

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is the right time to buy property. If you want more information on Indian real estate, feel free to ask.
klang-valley

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AmirJR, have you bought your property yet?

Feel free to contact me for mortgage loan.
naaim

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just finished the process of buying 2 houses... inbterest is at all time low of -2.05% for my rm120k apartment (sub-sale)

and -2.25 for myrm298k linked house, Glomac's in BBB.

now is a really good time to buy.. interest rates is even lower from govt...
zilin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could general public apply mortgage home loan from government of Malaysia since the interest rate is low?

What are the criteria?

Where to apply from? I am a Malaysian of course.
bobadlin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

zilin,

if im not mistaken..gomen loan only for those working with gomen..
for others than gomen, than we have to apply direct thru bank...

anyone..correct me if i'm wrong..tq
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: