HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Matahari Designer Suites - Puncak Dana Sdn Bhd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
my44

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 7:31 pm    Post subject: Matahari Designer Suites - Puncak Dana Sdn Bhd Reply with quote

I recently paid 10% of a studio in Matahari Designer Suites, near Subang Airport / Hyatt Saujana. Developer is Puncak Dana Sdn Bhd.

Now suddenly they decided to cancel the rest of the sales and keep quiet on what's the status of the construction. When I called them, they said they are still "deciding" on what to do. While they are doing that, my RM10K downpayment is sitting in their coffers, probably earning them interests.

Anyone else have things to share about this development, or Puncak Dana in general?
audreywee13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Another victim of Matahari Designer Suites Reply with quote

I am also another victim of this unscrupulous act by the developer to cancel the project and launch a new project in its replacement which is much more expensive than the Matahari. They have recently sent out a letter informing us of the cancellation and cited poor response as the reason. Can anyone tell us if they can do this and just cancel our S&P agreement without our consent? What should we do? They are planning to launch the new project next week irregardless of whether we have agreed to rescind the S&P.
Noor713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:04 pm    Post subject: Matahari Designer Suites Reply with quote

Cant give any comments for the moment unless I have a copy of the Sale and Purchase Agreement. The `norm' is...you will only find provisions if `Defaults by the Purchaser' but not `Defaults by the Vendor/Developer'!! Well..what can I say...ratio of 6:4 points to Developers!!

PM me if you want me to `study' your S & P. I'll give you my fax No. Free service available... Smile

Cheers
my44

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:18 am    Post subject: Re: Another victim of Matahari Designer Suites Reply with quote

audreywee13 wrote:
I am also another victim of this unscrupulous act by the developer to cancel the project and launch a new project in its replacement which is much more expensive than the Matahari. They have recently sent out a letter informing us of the cancellation and cited poor response as the reason. Can anyone tell us if they can do this and just cancel our S&P agreement without our consent? What should we do? They are planning to launch the new project next week irregardless of whether we have agreed to rescind the S&P.

Audrey, I have received my money back. ie my downpayment + other legal fees (S&P and loan). I would say Puncak Dana did the refund fairly well.

Do contact them immediately.
audreywee13

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, you mean to say that you are happy that they just give you a full refund of your money and you'll let them get away with using your money to roll elsewhere for the past 7 months. And also, all your time wasted going to the lawyer's office to sign the papers, loan documents, etc. will just be that..wasted. They should give us some form of compensation for all these and also for dishonoring their agreement. All because they want to build a bigger unit which costs twice the price of the current unit. But, I guess, looking at the low-key publicity ad they did for their new project, the Dana 1, which was hardly noticeable, I guess they are in some kind of trouble. So, I suppose you were right in being prudent and just getting back your money. Anyway, I am just not happy with the way they're handling the situation. They made no effort to contact the purchaser for the refund, except to inform us about their new sales launch for Dana 1!! Beat that.
whynmy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, the maxim "Buyers' beware" still hold water till todate....but its changing, slowly........

Using the new provision under the amended HDA, a developer could decide to call off a project if it obtains......% (i forgot abt the afigure) consent from the purchasers. However this is only applicable to agreements signed with the amended HDA.

Well, if you are not happy, you could still request for a refund and during your collection, just acknowledge receipt of the payment with a the words "strictly without prejudice"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: