HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buy now or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nancypoh

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: The worries of waiting Reply with quote

nottingham wrote:
do u guys think that malaysia's property market would face the same as what Europe, US, SG facing?

i heard UK's construction industry totally stop.. what a sad news..

Even if construction industry in Malaysia will not totally stop, you can expect that, to lower sales cost, developers will build on leasehold land and use lower standard material to build.

If it comes to this state, you will have to consider buying houses on sales in the market which can be at prices that you could have paid buying new earlier.
MickeyM

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
jackngu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any update on the current market price? drop again?
ejenmulder

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can i buy the property now? Price doesn't seem to drop though.
beekay

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Property prices will never drop because you have to understand that the people making the decisions in the BN government are all rich people. Have you ever heard of a poor minister? These rich politicians (BN) already got big houses, and do you think they will want their bungalows and mansions price to drop? Of course NOT. This is why property prices will never drop.

Nowadays even an Intermediate Terrace house in Klang Valley already cost more than rm500k! No joke. Intermediate Terrace house is the smallest landed property you can find, and yet it already cost at least half-million ringgit. How can a fresh graduate earning rm1.5k/month afford? Judging by the way house prices in Klang Valley are going, in the future only the rich can afford even a Intermediate Terrace house.

All this is because our selfish BN government politicians only think about themselves instead of the rakyat.
cheelow

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Milosevic wrote:
Right now is 'a buyer market' vs 'seller market' according to agents but in the name of God...dont!

Never trust an Estate Agent - many live by commission so of course she/he is going to convince you to buy. The market is will be falling, wait six months and the prices will have dropped even further.

Capital gains in the property price should be treated as an added bonus, not the goal of the investment especially in M'sia. However, are you ever going to survive in an emergency or "worst case" scenarios that might happen? ( BLR and recession).

If you're looking as an investment, please take time to consider this.

@Milosevic,

I love your quote A LOT! As I do agree most agent depends their living on commission. Like it or not, they have convince you to sell or buy to make a living with just very few acting with integrity. I find it hard to know someone who would agree capital gains as "added bonus". Most investors/agents I encountered are good at locating great returns, but few of them understand the risk behind those returns or just simply ignores them.

I hope to have the opportunity to know you and exchange thoughts and information of our own investment. Feel free to drop me a line if you would.

lowofficial@yahoo.com

Best,
Kevin
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheelow wrote:
Milosevic wrote:
Right now is 'a buyer market' vs 'seller market' according to agents but in the name of God...dont!

Never trust an Estate Agent - many live by commission so of course she/he is going to convince you to buy. The market is will be falling, wait six months and the prices will have dropped even further.

Capital gains in the property price should be treated as an added bonus, not the goal of the investment especially in M'sia. However, are you ever going to survive in an emergency or "worst case" scenarios that might happen? ( BLR and recession).

If you're looking as an investment, please take time to consider this.

@Milosevic,

I love your quote A LOT! As I do agree most agent depends their living on commission. Like it or not, they have convince you to sell or buy to make a living with just very few acting with integrity. I find it hard to know someone who would agree capital gains as "added bonus". Most investors/agents I encountered are good at locating great returns, but few of them understand the risk behind those returns or just simply ignores them.

I hope to have the opportunity to know you and exchange thoughts and information of our own investment. Feel free to drop me a line if you would.

lowofficial@yahoo.com

Best,
Kevin

I'm afraid i have to disagree with the theory that cap appreciation in real estate is an 'added bonus'. Cos property as an exhaustible & tangible asset class, are affected by scarcity, supply & demand curves, inflationary pressures, population growth, locational factors etc. has through time in antiquity, proven to be a safe & stable hedge, so caps gain is a natural & direct product of all these factors. Although on another note, over-speculated markets, where prices have outstripped actual or real demand, where punters banked on making a fast buck banking on the greater fool theory, will collapse after a certain tipping point! Come to even think of it, why do ppl pay high premiums to stay in Dsara Heights, where prices are fueled more by want than need & price premiums can vary from prop to prop on the same street. Go figure.
beekay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daryl, many BN leaders live in Damansara Heights. Ever wonder where they get their money from to buy those fancy multimillion ringgit villas there? Mad
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by your flawed rationale, many undesirables live in other areas too. Do we also want to know how they get their money?

But many professionals, business ppl & high standing members of society live in Dsara shoring up its values too. So what's your point?
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

beekay wrote:
Daryl, many BN leaders live in Damansara Heights. Ever wonder where they get their money from to buy those fancy multimillion ringgit villas there? Mad
Arrow
cheelow

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Daryl,

Well spoken. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that real estate will inevitably appreciate, over a period of time. I am just standing at a more conservative ground when I value appreciation that is led by market. Since I think it's hard for me to measure appreciation led by market (how much, how soon) that I did be better off to ignore them by allocating it as "added bonus". Therefore, if I was luck to collect bonuses, great! If not, I would still able to get my projected return. Thus I could focus on measurable appreciation like interior upgrades, healthy leasing contract (long term contract with credible tenants + rate escalation) and so forth.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cheelow wrote:
@Daryl,

Well spoken. Don't get me wrong, I totally agree with you that real estate will inevitably appreciate, over a period of time. I am just standing at a more conservative ground when I value appreciation that is led by market. Since I think it's hard for me to measure appreciation led by market (how much, how soon) that I did be better off to ignore them by allocating it as "added bonus". Therefore, if I was luck to collect bonuses, great! If not, I would still able to get my projected return. Thus I could focus on measurable appreciation like interior upgrades, healthy leasing contract (long term contract with credible tenants + rate escalation) and so forth.

Gather that your investment objectives are geared towards shorter term positive yield curves & if cap appreciation happens along the way, well & good! Perfectly nothing wrong with that as all roads lead to Rome! I hope. Wink
beekay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is lovely house .://..iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/372913/Happy_Garden_3-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale
Price rm1.4M.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

beekay wrote:
This is lovely house .://..iproperty.com.my/propertylisting/372913/Happy_Garden_3-sty_Terrace_Link_House_ForSale
Price rm1.4M.

Nice.....but where were we again? Laughing
AllenMass

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This time is not to good for share.I totally agree with you that real estate will inevitably appreciate, over a period of time.Thanks
trace2010

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now is 2010, wht i know is the price for whatever thing is keep rising.
so now is the rite time to buy property o still need to wait for a period?

nowadays the price to getting a terence house is really expensive. I juz worry that in future time the property price getting rise up may cause us more unfortable to get an own house.
thomscric83

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Investing in real estate is really beneficial and most widely known way of profiting in real estate. I am also looking
to invest in property, I am purely looking to make money on the property to secure future.When you invest, you own
the deed of the houses. There is no time limit, you can resell as and when it is needed.
gornanalb84

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Friend ..
Really nice answer i'm agree with you .Understanding real estate investment is crucial because it usually involves a substantial investment and a long-term one. Moreover , the real estate market can be unpredictable. This is particularly important when one goes beyond buying a home to actually 'investing' in real estate.
pratishtha

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2010 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the global economic depression and somehow malaysia indirectly affected by it but the expert says the worse are yet to come. So far i never came to see a price dropped in property, only the "houses on auction" signs are getting more and more around the corner.
snooker

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Property price would drop if (i) there is a bubble (ii) the bubble busts Exclamation You should do a study of American/UK/China housing bubble to understand the phenomenon. Does Malaysia have a real estate bubble? Without academic background in economics, I have difficulty understand economic and financial matters. But i think Malaysia presents a fairly different case in real estate.

The holy creed that 'Property Price Will Go up' is also self-fulfilling. Those who want to profit from rising price will hoard property. Those who don't want to suffer from rising price will be pushed to buy property to preserve savings. Either way, prices can go up. It seems that both greed and fear are working together towards inflation Twisted Evil
dashstone00

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about the real estate market in Vietnam, would anyone know how it is doing ? I'd like to know as I am interested in buying a Property in Vietnam.
o_ss

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="cheelow"]I totally agree with you that real estate will inevitably appreciate, over a period of time. [quote]

Sometimes, it is the depreciation of the money and/or inflation are the culprits behind the appreciation.

When a semi-D at Damansara Heights was priced at RM 1.5M in 2004, petrol price was RM 1.30 per liter, 1L pack HL Milk was RM 3.40, 1 plate of Wantan Mee was RM 3.20.

Today, the same semi-D at Damansara Height is about RM 2.4m, the petrol price is RM 1.98 per liter, 1L pack HL Milk is RM 4.75, 1 plate of Wantan Mee is RM 4.00. And, by the way, unless you pay cash, the interest paid for the housing loan for the past 6 years should be how much?
Boba Fett

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buy property where the rich and famous like to work and play...sound familiar?? Go buy Donald trump's book, The best real estate advice i've received...
KSC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, location is very important, but buying it at the right time is also important. Properties of the rich and famous are not immune to collapse. See what happened to the properties in the US.

Granted that properties appreciate over the longer term, but if one is buying for investment, one will want to maximise returns. To maximise returns, one has to be patient, a key ingredient with all highly successful investors. Another key ingredient is making and taking decisive decision when there is fear and panic. As Warren Buffet put it "Buy when there is panic and fear. Sell when there is euphoria."

Buying when there is fear and panic is easier said than executed. BUT one must be brave enough to make and execute this decision. Executing the decision in such environment is extremely difficult because majority of your friends will give very downbeat comments and increases your fear. Not many have the courage to execute the decison, although in their heart, they think it is the right time to buy.

Do you think our property market is in fear or euphoria state? If you think it is close to state of fear, go ahead and buy it. But if you think it is close to euphoria, you may want to wait for another day.

Property investment requires huge capital. One bad decision can set you back many years.
genedavinci

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KSC wrote:
As Warren Buffet put it "Buy when there is panic and fear. Sell when there is euphoria."

Buying when there is fear and panic is easier said than executed. BUT one must be brave enough to make and execute this decision. Executing the decision in such environment is extremely difficult because majority of your friends will give very downbeat comments and increases your fear. Not many have the courage to execute the decison, although in their heart, they think it is the right time to buy.

you remind me of previous stock broking lesson... when you see those aunties on the morning wet market talking while picking their siew pak choy about buying, you sell. when you see those aunties on the morning wet market talking while choosing their chicken feet about selling, you buy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: