HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buy now or not?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sunflowergal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:30 pm    Post subject: buy now or not? Reply with quote

since now is market share market low time, the property will drop soon??

is it the right time to buy or wait ? esp desa park city ?? seems no seller willing to let go at lower price.
youbetcha1018

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about investing on something like RE? If yes, all I can say is this is the right time to invest on RE. While everything is at its lowest level. I believe that this is also the vbest time to invest on foreclosed RE property.
jv17

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i think you should wait for a while..
jaykay

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot where i encountered this but it says

"Dont wait to buy property, buy property and wait"

Well i think it is quite an overwhelming sign. It makes me wanna buy property the moment i saw that sign. Anyway i believe you should do a thorough research and decides on that.

'Thou now is the global economic depression and somehow malaysia indirectly affected by it but the expert says the worse are yet to come. So far i never came to see a price dropped in property, only the "houses on auction" signs are getting more and more around the corner.
TYLim8288

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thx PROs, recently i had booked 1 unit of condo in puchong, the zen residence, but still worried about the economic situation, but after seeing all urs comment, its gven me more confident.

hope this is really a right choice! and in a right time!
realestateinternational1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think its right time to make investment in real estate.
ongklsmb

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Latest economic data affecting property market Reply with quote

Quite agree with jaykay's quote:

"Dont wait to buy property, buy property and wait"

But must buy the RIGHT property at all time.

We have compiled some latest economic data which may affect property market in our article "Latest economic data affecting property market".

Hope it can give some clue about what will be coming.

We are also afraid that inflation will come back soon (perhaps it has never left), after US Federal Reserve re-wrote its 75-year old rulebook, and slashed official interest rates virtually to zero on Tuesday.

"Will property price and rental fall further?"
tploh

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TYLim8288 wrote:
thx PROs, recently i had booked 1 unit of condo in puchong, the zen residence, but still worried about the economic situation, but after seeing all urs comment, its gven me more confident.

hope this is really a right choice! and in a right time!

So 3 months have lapsed. Do you still feel the same on your decision ?
mahzal

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To me, this is the time to buy completed property. Cannot trust Malaysian Developer so much, remember the 90's when some take money and run.
zzoom18

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MARKET real BAD. Im confident bout the Setia Alam, last few month i went to their sales office few times, its quite crowded and lots of people there. but these few weeks, i went to their sales office, its only very few cusomer there, no wonder they launch 5/95 scheme....besides other sales offices are same too(I went to Kemuning Utama and Puchung). I believe market will continue to go bad. Market will not turn GOOD in only FEW months, Wish to get a new Home. but too bad, its not the RIGHT time, a bit frus, just hope England will not fall like ireland, else will have another round of crisis. Crying or Very sad
tkc

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KUALA LUMPUR: Property prices, according to industry experts, could fall some 10% this year as rising unemployment and tighter financing policies erode consumers’ purchasing power.

Read more :
.://..theedgedaily.com/cms/content.jsp?id=com.tms.cms.article.Article_3a3a74bd-cb73c03a-1c6866d0-eee70cbe
o_ss

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many sellers and owners are still in the "state of denial". When the interest rate is low, they can do so. Once Malaysia faces the same jobless, VSS, reduced consumer confidence, less expatriates, less spending, we will see.

From my own analysis, the worse is not yet here. The financial tsunami hit the developed nations, the impact will slowly come. Just like the tsunami at Aceh, it hit Indonesia first. After 6 hours, Penang and Phuket. Another 8 hours later, India and Sri Lanka. At last, it hit Africa. So, it will take a while before Malaysia see the full impact.

I will wait for another 6 months until Jul - Aug 2009.
eurobill

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everybody is so pessimistic now so this is definitely the right time to buy.
Similiarly 1-2 years ago when pricing in KLCC went from 700 psf up to 1500 psf (asking price) and a general frenzy, everybody was positive, that was the time to sell. (unless your property was under development, then of course it was not possible to sell)

Buy for own stay.
ongklsmb

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quarterly survey by the Malaysian Institute of Economic Research (MIER) showed that in the fourth quarter of 2008 (4Q08), the Consumer Sentiments Index dropped to 71.4 points, down 17.5 points from 88.9 points in 3Q08 as households felt the pinch from a softer economy.

Bad news for shopkeepers is bad news for commercial landlords.
Retailers having it tough isn’t much of a surprise. But the knock-on effect means things are going to get much worse for commercial landlords too.

Commercial landlords will have to take some huge hits. Some of their tenants simply won’t be able to pay up.

For investors the message is very clear. Retail: don’t touch – well you knew that anyway. And as for commercial property – there’s still a long way to go before we’re anywhere near bargain-hunting time.

Why you should stay away from commercial properties now?
realestate33

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They say you make your money when you buy a house, not when you sell it. And with all the homes that have been forclosed upon recently, the market is flooded with bank owned properties
andysam

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: .. Reply with quote

realestate33 wrote:
They say you make your money when you buy a house, not when you sell it. And with all the homes that have been forclosed upon recently, the market is flooded with bank owned properties

I think the economy is really bad now. We might feel the full impact few months later. I have to hold my plan to purchase my own property due to the econ crisis. I just got retrenched[My present company - 50% affected-around 150 people]!!! Although my savings still allow me to realise my plan for property purchase, but I think it would be wiser to just wait and see.....
ganurianz

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

andysam,

sorry to hear that...i guess u must be working in semicon sector, which is badly affected.
o_ss

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganurianz wrote:
andysam,

sorry to hear that...i guess u must be working in semicon sector, which is badly affected.

You would be surprised that this is not the only sector. Generally, I believe the worse is not here yet. I have seen retrenchments recently in IT services, computer equipment, automobile, and all sorts of industries.
Milosevic

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now is 'a buyer market' vs 'seller market' according to agents but in the name of God...dont!

Never trust an Estate Agent - many live by commission so of course she/he is going to convince you to buy. The market is will be falling, wait six months and the prices will have dropped even further.

Capital gains in the property price should be treated as an added bonus, not the goal of the investment especially in M'sia. However, are you ever going to survive in an emergency or "worst case" scenarios that might happen? ( BLR and recession).

If you're looking as an investment, please take time to consider this.
nottingham

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

but the price of condo and aptment in PJ area still increasing..

example pelangi utama, the medium cost apartment, they bought abt 140k-920sf, but selling 255k-270k, agents n realtors still pumping the price even in this period, they said price won't fall.. even it is, the owners can just hold the property for not selling it..

anybody know the lastest price drop period in malaysia? Was 1997 economic crisis affetcted Malaysia property? Or, Malaysia property never have falling or de-value period??
o_ss

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nottingham wrote:

example pelangi utama, the medium cost apartment, they bought abt 140k-920sf, but selling 255k-270k, agents n realtors still pumping the price even in this period, they said price won't fall.. even it is, the owners can just hold the property for not selling it..

anybody know the lastest price drop period in malaysia? Was 1997 economic crisis affetcted Malaysia property? Or, Malaysia property never have falling or de-value period??

Page 19 of today's StarBizWeek has an article "Brisk auctioning since downturn". Interestingly, barely two weeks ago, there was an article that claimed the price for property shall hold especially the KLCC areas.

Personally, I experienced two recessions. One in 1980's, the price dropped below developer price. The 2nd one in 1998, I bought my current apartment at 40% discount.

Wait for another six months. You will see the differences. I have been waiting for 2 years to buy a new home. Though I have seen 10% price drop for the one I am targetting since last quarter, I am still waiting because the worse is not here yet.

I know many would argue that interest rate is low and hence the owners will hold. However, when a large percentage of the popullation do not have their jobs, I guess the price will definitely drop regardless how low is the interest rate.
Milosevic

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nottingham wrote:

In order not to spoil the mood I would say.. power to them but what does it really mean? Your house either sells or it doesn't

Agree with the poster above. This question is based more on 1997-1998 economic turmoil when many properties weren't getting any attention from prospective buyers. Even if you think that their homes has a lot to offer, this does not really matter. When it comes down to it, the purchasing power is the thing that reflects what your home is worth.

Reason: at the moment we are entering what many experts called a 'technical recession' that solely based on GDP (only 0.1 growth). Some sellers think that they are going to be able to unload their house for the asking price within a couple of weeks/ less than 3 months. While this may hold true for some sellers, the majority of buyers WILL have a much more difficult time making this happen especially when this may not suit their finances. The domino- effect will follow especially when current variables such as national employment rates/ consumer confidence and spending levels are starting to decrease (recession!).

It could be as serious as a recession or as simple as making a change to your asking prices. Unfortunately, this is for the sellers to figure out.
nottingham

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

do u guys think that malaysia's property market would face the same as what Europe, US, SG facing?

i heard UK's construction industry totally stop.. what a sad news..
Milosevic

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nottingham wrote:
do u guys think that malaysia's property market would face the same as what Europe, US, SG facing?

i heard UK's construction industry totally stop.. what a sad news..

Of course...slow but on-going process. If Malaysian wants to float not drown, we have to act..government need to step up.

I dont care whether governments allocate 300 million or 30 billion because it is just a figure. The most immediate stimulus would be tax cuts. I suppose it's not rocket science but one of the reasons for the continuing severity of the global financial crisis was consumer confidence. There is a need for direct stimulus, immediate stimulus, temporary stimulus to reverse that very sharp fall for all Malaysians.

Hopefully, this Malaysia will act swiftly and decisively in the national interest and they will put in place, if required, a range of policy responses which are consistent with the housing and banking sector.
Shellymaple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey ya, off course the market is slow and according to me it is the right time to buy a property.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: