HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AnGGun @ Rawang: Gated & Guarded [Photos Added]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smooth9

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi World IR,
So far I know myself and Conan have bought a unit there. There should be more since this project is already 85% SOLD when I signed the SNP. Shocked I am looking forward in hearing from neighbours who have bought into this development. Very Happy

I have taken some photos from the site this few days. Enjoy! Laughing

main entrance from the access road.

Greeted by water features and landscape (not turned on yet)

View from different angle.

Those trees are nice!

Entrance/Guardhouse in operation

Ariana Sales Office+showhouse

Blanca showhouse

Clarissa showhouse (previous clarrisa not clarissa 2)

more angle

view from the circle/water features inside this project towards entrance

constuction in progress

more landscape[/list]
linustw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smooth,

Thanks for the pixs. Anggun does look very upmarket with the streetscape. They are at par with any higher end developments around Klang Valley. Just ignore the rawang tag and rest of the things are value for money.

Although I do find that the exterior concept of the houses are a bit dated and conservative. Thought they should do something more edgy and upmarket to attract young home buyers.
smooth9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi linus,
I am glad you like the pics.

Quote:
Although I do find that the exterior concept of the houses are a bit dated and conservative. Thought they should do something more edgy and upmarket to attract young home buyers.

I agreed and since this is their first project, the balance between being conservative vs. edgy is crucial. They need to be conservative to bank on something that is proven for the reason that their brand is new, and I think it will be riskier for them to introduce some entirely new concept that is yet to be proven which peoples may doubt of their ability to delivers since they are still considered just newly on their own feet in the property market. On the other hand, they need to be edgy and upmarket so that their brand will take off for their future project since they are branding themselves towards becomming a more upmarket developer by looking at their first project. For example, the materials used and landscape that we can see now, and hopefully we will see good workmanship and maintenence upon completion too. IMHO, they should have already stretched to their best limit from a new developer point of view and at the same time making sure that their concept is proven to be accepted by buyers and at a reasonable price.

What I hope is, the rest of the project will follows like what they have promised and this project as a whole will turn out to be nice Very Happy

I am one of the younger buyer, and I actually like the exterior design of the house. Wink But from my observation during my visits to the site/sales office, you are right that the majority pool of buyers/customers visiting their sales office for this project are in their 30s/40s. I believe as long as the take up rate is good with plenty amenities, the neighbourhood will be nice. (about 85% of the project as a whole has been sold, initial subphases were 100% sold, and the final subphase is >50% sold, launched just few weeks ago. They have 12 more months to deliver to their first signed snp on oct 2007) Very Happy
kamilnu

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the newer house designs are like this nowadays. It's normal. Houses in Putrajaya have being built with these designs 5-6 years ago. Developers/architects can design this and beyond. But for people who work in the heart of KL, Cheras etc. staying in Rawang will take it's toll on the person with regard to the transportation costs (toll + petrol) which will go nowhere but up. Another aspect is the mental tiredness, boredom and anger by spending hours on the streets/highways everyday of our working lives.

I used to stay in Rawang, got a lot of thugs there as well. Environment feels similar if you were in Klang.

Buying a house in KL, Selangor is a balancing game. If you want cheap and yet spacious, upmarket house designs then looking at Rawang, Nilai, Semenyih is the way to go. But if you want ease of going to work daily, near Tesco, Carrefour, Jusco, good day care centres and private schools where you can send your kids then you will have to find a place much nearer to KL and prepared to buy a bomb for the same house design/township. As time goes by it's the location and not the house that matters the most. As all of you would know, the same goes for land, the land is expensive, not the house.
linustw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamilnu wrote:
Most of the newer house designs are like this nowadays. .

I disagree. Look at twin palms, newer projects in Cheras, Setia Alam, Mutiara Damansara and even SPK Cahaya.....they are a lot comtemporary. Or look south to Johore Bahru....those that targetting Singaporeans or Malaysians work in Singapore, a lot edgy. To me, not offend, the designs were like backdated 3 to 5 years at least.
Where is the flat roof car porch?

kamilnu wrote:

As time goes by it's the location and not the house that matters the most. As all of you would know, the same goes for land, the land is expensive, not the house.

It needs people to change mindset. Have a friend, stayed in Sentul whole of his live just before he got married. Moved out to Putra Heights and stayed in landed because it was his dream to live in landed property, despite a brand new condos in YTL Sentul cost less than his newly acquired landed home.

Few years now, and after daily 35kms shuttle ONE way to work, I can see the tireness in his eyes.
smooth9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kamilnu,

Thank you for your input.

Quote:
staying in Rawang will take it's toll on the person with regard to the transportation costs (toll + petrol) which will go nowhere but up. Another aspect is the mental tiredness, boredom and anger by spending hours on the streets/highways everyday of our working lives.

Its very true that rawang is not near to all the happenings, at least not yet. But, IMHO distance is relative to a person and it difers when the years goes by too. For example PJ is used to be considered far away 10/15 years ago, but now it is the epicenter for all the hapennings with KL+selangor population growing at about 9%/year (being one of the fastest growing city with influx of polulation in the world, the population doubled in the last 10 years). The distance will be seem shorter and shorter in all 4 direction of KL/PJ for the next few years. Considering the fact that KL golden triangle currently has the most offices and northern pj building more upcomming offices in the next few years since there are not much land suitale for office lot in KL golden triangle area anymore.

Quote:
As time goes by it's the location and not the house that matters the most. As all of you would know, the same goes for land, the land is expensive, not the house.

I understand the importance of location, location, location. But in the past few years I think the trend is moving towards location, concept, branding?
For example comparing a higher end condo with lower end apartment in the same area, or comparing a landed property in places further away from kl like sierramas, to landed property closer to kl like setapak, the price is many times different. Or comparing the price of many properties in cheras, the price of the new development with new concept by good developer is priced few times the market value of secondary market nearby and yet is all grabs up...
smooth9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I disagree. Look at twin palms, newer projects in Cheras, Setia Alam, Mutiara Damansara and even SPK Cahaya.....they are a lot comtemporary. Or look south to Johore Bahru....those that targetting Singaporeans or Malaysians work in Singapore, a lot edgy. To me, not offend, the designs were like backdated 3 to 5 years at least.

I have been to twin palm, mutiara damansara and their design indeed looks more contemporary. As for setia alam, the whole township as a whole is nice but IMHO I think the design for the house alone is not that contemporary la, except eco park, its really contemporary and nice la but the price tag... Shocked
Quote:
Where is the flat roof car porch?

The Blanca, Dansa units has the flat roof car porch and the color scheme is more modern, but i still prefer the more conservative design. I think that whether flat roof or not, the numbers of units sold are almost equal actually as I remembered, with design different from one row to another, so I guess it has a lot to do with personal taste and buyer can pick their own liking. Flat roof more contemporary, but harder to clean the dirts in the future. Whereas tilted roof rain water will clean it by itself. Very Happy
smooth9

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have notice that hong bee land have added a "site progress" section on their website!! Below are some photos obtained from hongbeeland.com taken on 30th september:

Project masterplan:

Unit 1-77 progress as of 30/09/08:

Unit 78-133 progress as of 30/09/08:

Unit 134-167 progress as of 30/09/08:

Unit 168-235:
<coming soon>

Entrance at night shot taken from Hongbeeland.com:
conan

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi smooth,

nice photos you have there! great effort again... Very Happy
Did you get to attend the Anggun Lantern Festival that was held last month? I couldnt make it as was away for work....
So, I just googled the event and wala....found a website about the event ....you can check it out at
.://..tomatoslice.com.my/catalog.2.html

I went to anggun today to check my unit building progress...so far so good Laughing
linustw

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smooth9 wrote:

I have been to twin palm, mutiara damansara and their design indeed looks more contemporary. As for setia alam, the whole township as a whole is nice but IMHO I think the design for the house alone is not that contemporary la, except eco park, its really contemporary and nice la but the price tag... Shocked

I have been following residential properties very closely in the last few years. In terms of modern design and concept, you can't look past these two companies for inspiration:-

1. YTL
2. Setia
(disclaimer: talking abt mass developers, not boutique type developers).

Tropical modern ones:-
1. Tan&Tan, SIME Properties, SPK, Sunway

Lou Tou and old fashion one, IMO:-
Mah Sing, SeeHoiChan, IOI

Maybe you haven't been following Setia Alam that closely. Except for their initial launch (which was 6 years ago), any recent launches in the last 24 months are very modern. The reason why the initial phases were a bit conservative because they were targetting upgrades from nearby residents, i.e. Klang people.

These days, they are targetting people from PJ/KL, so naturally you need more "updated" products.

As for Anggun, for example, they should targetting group like DesaParkCity "left out". If I were very keen in DPC but the price tag was too far reach, do you think Anggun will get my attention if they could offer homes that similar to DPC except 1/2 of the price?
smooth9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you get to attend the Anggun Lantern Festival that was held last month? I couldnt make it as was away for work....
So, I just googled the event and wala....found a website about the event ....you can check it out at
.://..tomatoslice.com.my/catalog.2.html

Hi Conan,
I heard about the lantern festival when I paid the deposit and since that event is on the next day, I saw people setting up the stage and getting everything prepared. But I didnt manage to make it to the festival also, as I went back to my hometown in penang during that weekend.

Thanks for the link, I have been trying to search for that event but couldnt find much info about this.. wow! looks like the crowd is bigger than I have expected. I thought this is quite a small event from Hong Bee since little publicity has been done except to the buyers and residence in rawang area!

The Sales person said that Hongbee usually organizes some event for the community throughout the year like those lantern festival, fund raising for construction of the chinese school last month, and usually some event during chinese new year also Laughing

Quote:
I went to anggun today to check my unit building progress...so far so good

I am glad to hear, yours should be more than half way through already heheh. I have been to the site last week also and my row has just started pilling, still a long way to go for mine, is yours up to the roof yet? Smile
smooth9

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
As for Anggun, for example, they should targetting group like DesaParkCity "left out". If I were very keen in DPC but the price tag was too far reach, do you think Anggun will get my attention if they could offer homes that similar to DPC except 1/2 of the price?

Hi Linus,

Agreed, and good point! I hope their managers are reading this thread and will make appropriate steps to improve their future launches. I believe to be attractive to the radar of upmarket buyers, they first need to be a proven developer. If they make this project successful, it will lead them towards the right direction.

IMHO, there is no short cut to be an established developer. Any attempt to shortcut by any developer will be a costly mistake to make since buyers want to see proven result especially when they are paying a premium. Its just like one needs to learn how to stand before learning how to walk Very Happy
smooth9

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys, long time! Very Happy

I went to AnGGun recently and took some photos on the site progress and surrounding. It was raining that day so most of the picture was taken inside a car... ehem thats why some of the photos were a little senget or at a lower angle (not that I am THAT short) Laughing the construction seems to be progressing well.... hope you guys enjoy viewing it

Some good news on developments nearby....
Apparently a land clearing started for a hypermarket/mall opposite of AnGGun?

Progress on bridge connecting Emerald east-west, looks like a 2+2 lanes:

Wink
termite

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Geng,
I have finally paid a deposit for Anggun Cluster Semi D after house hunting for almost a year and visiting new housing projects like Aman Perdana, Setia Alam, Gombak Area, Bukit Bandaraya, Tasik Puteri, Selayang Residence etchave . I have made my decision of buying Anggun unit not because it is the best project around but because it is the best suit my need especailly RM and location. Nevertheless, I still have the feeling that the project will be affected by this global economic recession (keep my finger crossed!) Embarassed

Moreover, I am a golfer (still crawling) and the emerald, tasik puteri and templer park courses are very nearby.

So, for those who have bought the Anggun units, lets keep everyone up to date all the time regarding the project progression.
smooth9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Termite,

wow hunting house for a year is quite long Shocked glad to hear that you have made the same decision, its always nice to hear from future neighbour Very Happy

termite wrote:
Nevertheless, I still have the feeling that the project will be affected by this global economic recession (keep my finger crossed!) Embarassed

To be frank, I believe it may affect the house value in the short term if the global recession continue to deteriorate just like many houses in newer/non-prime area. But if the developer does a good job in developing the area, keeping the place safe, and making their commercials successful, the house price should be fine in the longer run (will not be appreciating a lot since they will still be launching new phases, but the price should be appreciating in a constant rate). They still have 500+acres yet to be develop by hong bee, and at least another 500+acres (rough guess for this) jv with guocoland in this area. I am not that worry about the shorter term since I plan to stay there at least for the next few years.

termite wrote:
So, for those who have bought the Anggun units, lets keep everyone up to date all the time regarding the project progression.

I agree, let us all keep each other inform for the progress of this project.
smooth9

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys guys!!!

anyone watched 都市恋人的追逐 on 10pm NTV7/ ntv7.com.my? I have noticed few days ago that Michelle's house was filmed in AnGGun's Ariana EXACT showhouse!! Laughing

Mediacorp has previously filmed 大城情事 in Blanca showhouse, but I just know that 都市恋人的追逐 is filmed there too, the film is actually quite nicely done Wink
J_S

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

smooth9 wrote:
Guys guys!!!

anyone watched 都市恋人的追逐 on 10pm NTV7/ ntv7.com.my? I have noticed few days ago that Michelle's house was filmed in AnGGun's Ariana EXACT showhouse!! Laughing

Mediacorp has previously filmed 大城情事 in Blanca showhouse, but I just know that 都市恋人的追逐 is filmed there too, the film is actually quite nicely done Wink

Hi, Smooth9,

Yes,我确实有注意到,“都市恋人的追逐"on 10pm NTV7的确就是在 Blanca showhouse摄影, 真不错!

也恭喜你,即将拥有这么漂亮的房子。。。 Very Happy
linustw

PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_S wrote:

I wish I can write back in mandarin Embarassed

it's not uncommon for tv crews, ads companies and event organisers to hire or use show houses. EcoPark's show village has been used for Tv commercial and in Aug, their latest Street of EcoVillas show village has been used for the malaysia-chinese beauty pagent event.
smooth9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_S wrote:

Hi, Smooth9,

Hi J_S,

谢谢,很高兴听到你也有看这部剧集,自从mediacorp进军和本地合作后,本地的娱乐圈后好像进步了不少,以前我很少看本地的剧集, 但最近的确看了不少 Smile 我真的很希望看到他们继续进步,希望一天可以看到本地娱乐圈的人才在本地也可以很成功 Wink
smooth9

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

linustw wrote:

I wish I can write back in mandarin Embarassed

it's not uncommon for tv crews, ads companies and event organisers to hire or use show houses. EcoPark's show village has been used for Tv commercial and in Aug, their latest Street of EcoVillas show village has been used for the malaysia-chinese beauty pagent event.

Hi Linus,

I saw that they used Setia Ecovillas in miss astro chinese pageant event too!! the pageants' group acting thingy right? Wink

Frankly, I am quite excited waiting for the contruction progress of the house, 10 more months, still long way to go Embarassed
linustw

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them doing self-intruction over the camera and talk abt "environment preservation" thingy gau....didn't pay too much attention as I was bring people to see the show village. It was party closed for this. They were using he show houses as "changing room" Laughing

10 mths will come and go very fast.....not much time left for you to gather your budget to do shopping for this and that Razz
bustahoodz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey guys, jus joined dis forum, but knew of its exsistence months ago...since im interested to buy my 1st house...i'd really like to get more insight on dis anggun @ rawang project, been there last week, d SA told me dat ariana had been sold out, n blanca only 1 more left...is it really true or jus a way of marketing themselves to make customers wanting to buy them.....wat makes dis project so successful? any feedback wud b much appreciated, thnx.... Very Happy
bustahoodz

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it worth buying blanca at RM491800 price tag, how much was it b4 d fuel hike??? anyone.... Very Happy
bustahoodz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like no one's interested in dis project ayy?? Confused
smooth9

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bustahoodz,

Welcome to the forum!

bustahoodz wrote:
d SA told me dat ariana had been sold out, n blanca only 1 more left...is it really true or jus a way of marketing themselves to make customers wanting to buy them.....

From my observation, they are really sold out. When I visited their sales office this september, they still have 4 units of blanca left, then 3 units when I sign the snp few weeks later. FYI, The developer launched this project in 3 phases since sept 2007. Phase 1 consists of Ariana+Blanca, Phase 2 consists of Ariana+Blanca+Clarissa+Dansa which both phases has been fully sold. Then they launch phase 3 which consists of Clarissa 2, Dansa 2 and Blanca. So there are no Ariana available on phase 3 and that is why there is no more Ariana left, except for the show house were reeserved for the developer's relatives etc.

bustahoodz wrote:
wat makes dis project so successful? any feedback wud b much appreciated, thnx....

IMHO, Its hard to find a freehold landed property of this size and quality at this price in about 25km away from both KL+PJ. I think the price is still considered cheap due to the fact that the developer is newly on their own feet (maiden project), and the rawang tag. Both of these can be change with time, especially if the Jusco is constructed there (on the piece of land currently doing land works opposite of Anggun entrance), not forgeting this project integrates closely with emerald, with a combine landbank of about 1300 acres to transform this part of rawang making it a landmark itself. It is also compliment with security in mind (gated& guarded), low density, nice streetscape, plenty of potential for developments, and also less than half the price of houses in sungai buloh.

bustahoodz wrote:
is it worth buying blanca at RM491800 price tag, how much was it b4 d fuel hike??? anyone....

It depends on your liking of the house... the price for Ariana/Blanca was 428k when they launched september last year before fuel hike, and when I enquire about Blanca this september, the price then was 488k. I would say if you like the house, you will be happy for purchasing this house as long as you are not buying it for shorterm flipping Wink

What price is the developer selling for the Clarissa 2/Dansa 2 now? still many units available, if not mistaken there are still about 30 units of cluster-semi d left when I sign the snp back in october....

Good luck on your property hunting! I will be glad to share any information that I have gathered so far for this project Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: