HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AnGGun @ Rawang: Gated & Guarded [Photos Added]
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
smooth9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: AnGGun @ Rawang: Gated & Guarded [Photos Added] Reply with quote

Hi everyone!

I have been following this forum for the past few months before buying my first property around kl, and I truly appreciate the views/feedbacks that many have posted in this forum.

Since my budget is about rm500k, and I am looking for a freehold, nice and secure area to live (prefebly gated and guarded or at least guarded), convenient to amenities, easily accessible to highway boarding to KL/PJ with minimum traffic, good workmanship and a new landed property. The options that are left for my consideration will be further away from KL/PJ area – I have found a few projects within my budget and consideration, and visited the sales office for – denai alam, aman perdana, taman meranti jaya, Bandar damai perdana, putra heights, emerald east and Anggun.
I have made up my mind last week and paid the deposit to anggun clarissa II @RM433,800 (since my unit is facing south), and I have applied for h.loan awaiting letter of offer for the above property. I am excited to be a new owner in this neighborhood, so I created this threat to see if there are other buyers who made their purchase at Anggun. At the same time I would like share the reason I made up my mind for this purchase as oppose to other projects and some updates from that area.

I made the decision after 3 visits to the sales office, the first time when I went there was about 7pm. The traffic from PJ to Rawang toll is smooth and takes only about 20-25 minutes, but immediately after the rawang toll, there are traffic on jalan batu arang. I was worried about the traffic at first, but with the traffic it takes me about 7-8 minutes to reach the entrance of anggun, so I was relieved since most places in kl and pj is having some sort of jam at this time too! The sales office is close when I got there. The security seems tight and the guards are friendly and manage to show me the outside of the show house with his accompany. I was impressed by the entrance, guardhouse, water fountain inside the project during that time since it was lit-up. So I decided to visit the property again when the sales office is open before 6pm.
In my second visit, I came from jalan sultan ismail at about 3pm, it takes me about 20-25 minutes to reach rawang toll also, and since there is not much traffic when I get to rawang toll, it takes me less than 5 minutes to get to the entrance of anggun. I visited their sales office and the sales representative show me the show house. I was impressed by the quality of the workmanship and materials being used in the construction (e.g. clay bricks for the walls, nice porcelain tiles for ground floor, and also the bathtub and nice shower in master bedroom). I also especially like the layout of the projects.

After some discussion with the sales person, they said that Jusco have just signed a contract with developer few days ago under long term lease for a piece of land opposite and further up from anggun. Jusco will start to construct their hypermarket aiming for ready by end of next year, and also tesco/carrefore will contruct another hypermarket near rawang town, somewhere near the reef? Anyone heard about this news? Also, they have mentioned that the jalan batu arang stretch of road before turning into anggun/emerald will be repair and extend to accommodate the traffic flow, dividing into 2 phases, with the road in front of anggun starting first since they have sponsored part of the contruction for this road, so once this road has been completed, the traffic will be flowing smoother. On my way back to KL, I have notice that rawang toll is merely a 7 minutes from sungai buloh toll, and the price of sierramas/Valencia semi-d is double/triple the price (before the establishment of these projects, sungai buloh is not very popular among house buyer, but the price of many properties around that area has shoot up because of these projects –e.g bukit rahman putra), and further 10 minutes towards KL/PJ will be leading to desa parkcity/Kenny hills area which is also very high end for landed property. Freehold landed property that are relatively close to KL/PJ area are getting scarse, especially those with good accessability. The next day, I came back to the sales office, choose the unit that suites me, and paid the deposit. When I think about it, I don’t mind driving about 30 minutes during peak hour if the jalan batu arang will be broaden on time before I moved in Very Happy , since the 6 lanes NSE on that stretch is more geared towards outstation car from ipoh/penang etc, everyone is driving fast (so the time taken to travel the same distance is shorter on this stretch of road and surprisingly not much traffic during weekdays peak hour when everyone is going/coming back from work in klang valley area with the traffic moving slower and easily taking more time if I were to stay in denai alam/putra heights, cheras, puchong. Also if the hypermarkets were built, there will be some amenities such as restaurant/banks etc too. I also remember reading somewhere few years ago from Selangor draft plan towards 2020 of developing the northern corridor of moving the population increase of 9%/year @ 5mln on year 2005 in Selangor from west/south towards north, can any one clarify if this is still true? There are plenty of lands in this area and if this is true, there will be a lot of room for capital appreciation. Finally, I have seen more new offices building up in north pj, damansara area rather than kl, so I suppose north pj and kl will remains as the two major business area, and both are easily connected to anggun/emerald via NKVE and NSE.

I hope there will be a platform for everyone to discuss on updates/news about Anggun @ kota emerald rawang and its surrounding area. This will be beneficial for current owner/interest buyers wanting to know about this area as well etc.

Last edited by smooth9 on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:03 am; edited 7 times in total
linustw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: ANGGUN @ Kota Emerald Rawang: Elegant Living Reply with quote

smooth9 wrote:

– I have found a few projects within my budget and consideration, and visited the sales office for – denai alam, aman perdana, taman meranti jaya, Bandar damai perdana, putra heights, emerald east and Anggun.

Hi Smooth,

It's refreshing to read buyers experience on home buying on such account, away from the usual "one liner" like "Is this a good buy, please advise?" type.

I believe as long as you have done enuf researches before inked your SPA, there shouldn't be any regret or whatsoever on your purchase. There is no absolute "bestest" buy IMO, especially when you bought off plan.

One thing I did notice that those townships that you had visited prior to the purchase of Anggun are of "different" setup. These are big townships (like 700acres or more) and obviously they don't pay details to finest things in life. It's all abt economic of scale.

Hong Leong properties are smaller scale developer, hence their projects tend to be more BOUTIQUE, trendy and upmarket. Yes, you hit the bulleyes here.

North of Sungai Buloh and west of shah alam should be the next growth catalyst, I tend to believe.

BUT.......I went to Rawang abt 15 years ago during the infamous TALAM launch, and since then, prices have not been encouraged and Rawang is still suffered the same fate as "back-water" town whereas Puchong, which started off as backwater as Rawang already boosted as a popular mid class enclave with asking price of 200/sqft to 350/sqft for residential units.

If you buy for own stay, it's OK. Stick with it but I don't forseen sub-sale will be terrify for this area. there is another project called Saujana Utama as well, beli-beli cheap too........ Laughing
jason_awlt

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smooth,

I'm living in Country Homes, Rawang for the past 12 years. i notice there is increased on population here with more township is being developed. I need to highlight some point to you first so that you are aware of the situation in Rawang West Side. First of all, Jalan Batu Arang has not been extended as promised by "someone" into a free flow road. Secondly, the time u took from Rawang Toll plaza to Anggun is consider as Shoulder time. This month is ramadhan month and ppl tend to leave office early and school finished earlier than other month. normally, the peak hour starts at 6.15pm till 8.30pm and that condition is normal dry day. If it's rain, then Sg. Bakau area (which is before anggun) will sometimes floodded and causes a massive jam.

based on my experience, it's very jam during peak hour. it takes me about 1 and 1/2 hours (the fastest) to reach home from Jln Sultan Ismail back to rawang and that is i'm leaving at 6pm. therefore, it's jam all the way to Rawang. Friday, it will takes about at least 2 hours to get home. This is based on non-ramadhan month. That's why i would prefer to leave home a bit later and leave my office a bit later to avoid jam. i am not scaring you off but this is based on my experience. Morning time, it is jam. but if you stay in anggun, u won't affect much. however, if u're working in KL, u'll stuck in jam in NKVE highway at Sg Buloh area and after Jalan Duta Toll.

Wat i would suggest u is, after hari raya, u take 1 day to leave from Jln Sultan ISmail at 6pm back to Anggun. then perhaps u can stay 1 nite in Duta Palm Resort (Country Homes) and leave on the next morning 7.30am. Then u will know the real traffic condition. Personally, i'm tired of staying so far. Cos there's few times when i left of my documents at home, i'll have to rush back to take the document. Apart from Toll and Petrol, i wasted at least 1 and 1/2 hours (round trip with fastest speed) just to go back to collect document. Talking about Toll and Petrol, you should take this into consideration also cos this 2 factors is big big factor for me to plan on shifting down to KL region.

now, let's talk about subsale. well, do not expect so much yet for the property in rawang. there's plenty of empty land there. the place i'm staying now suffer from subsale value since my parent bought it 2nd hand. I also like Anggun concept cos i went there before but looking at the distance, petrol and toll, i'd decided to purchase a condo and move down to KL region where it's jam everywhere but nearer to everything.

I'm not saying anything bad about anggun. what i'd stated is purely based on my experience and personal preference. Smile hope you get some extra info that you might need from my experience. Cheers.
smooth9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,
Thanks for sharing your insight for staying in Bandar country homes. I have drove to Bandar country homes before a few times and it should take about 8-10 minutes from anggun during normal traffic since there are traffic lights on the way. Are you still staying in country homes for the past few months? As I know the jalan batu arang are known for being jam, just like sungair buloh in the past, when everyone thinks about sungai buloh, people related it to jam. But the situation in sungai buloh is getting better each day, and now people are chasing to buy properties there.

I am aware about the toll of about RM3.4/3.6 per way , but I think cant help it since I prefer a landed property and most residential landed property around my budget will be about this distance from kl, and the toll and petrol is unfortunately part of the whole package. There are definately some give and take for buying landed property vs condo around this range. Personally, I would prefer to actually pay for the toll rather than stopping on many lights, or using small road for some property, which will spend more time on traffic and petrol due to the constant stepping on brakes and pedals. Smile

I will try to visit rawang some day after raya during peak hour to experience the regular peak hour. In the past as I know in rawang west, there are lesser major developments, so the extension for the jalan batu arang has been delayed and delayed, you know lah, how long I takes if the “someone” thinks it is not important. I think the jalan batu arang road has a lot of room for improvements, maybe that’s why the cheap price now! But with more prominent developments around that area now(glomac’s saujana rawang, hong leong’s emerald west, desa mutiara, AP land’s Bandar tasik puteri), the developers and residents will be pressing for the road to be extended as soon as possible, even if the developers were to jointly bare part of the cost of extension with the state government, they will be paidoff by able to sell their later phase property at a better price if this road flows smoother, in contrast the developers may not be able to sell their properties well if this road is getting worst after their initial phases. The access road is already there, but definitely need improvement in the past, and even more improvement with those new developments now) Since the road is already there, but in bad flowing condition. I think it will be easier and more cost efficient to extent a road, rather than building an entirely new road, and without the proper access road, those developer will be crying to sell their upcoming properties that they are going to launch once people in their early phase moved in. I was told that most of the developments there enjoyed a good take up rate with their earlier phases launch within this 2 years. I also saw the masterplan for emerald west, and looks like they are building a flyover connecting emerald west and east, so people staying in emerald west, east and anggun should be able to use the west entrance which is about 2 km away from the intersection after rawang toll, or east entrance about 500m/1km (not sure exactly?) from the intersection. This may only be a short term solution for these area, the better solution will nevertheless be extending the jalan batu arang so it will be beneficial for all the projects in rawang west.

Hi Linustw,
I heard about the saujana utama too, the price there are really reasonable too, but I personally would prefer a freehold property since I am looking for a unit for own stay, unless the location is superb with reasonable price (which I think is getting less and less likely to happen) Rolling Eyes
smooth9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not hoping for the price to shoot very high in the short term, as there are still a lot of land available around this area. I just hope that the property will be appreciated at regular klang valley appreciation rate, or current rate Very Happy which semi d in emerald east have appreciated from 350k to 428k since it is now almost completed awaitting cf in the next few months, anggun have increased the price by about 15% from 428 to 488k in a year, sm-d cluster from 368 to 428k(alhough the cluster in previous phase is 5% smaller) I am not sure about the old and new price of the other newer development around this area tho... maybe someone can shed some light on this too?
brianccg

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose what you like and no regret.

Congratulation. Laughing
spycat

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might as well look further in for new Bungalows at RM 428,000 only with 45' x 100' land and same design as Anggun. 10 Mins Walking Distance. Gated Community. Project name is Desa Mutiara or Mutiara Residen.

Contact
Bryan 012 2835397, or
Alex 012 321 2287, or
Ms Chang 012 210 9906

Email
sales@euthenia.com.my
smooth9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did visited desa mutiara too, about 2 km away by using the jalan batu arang and also the road leading to country homes. The design for the bungalow are quite nice as well, but in my I last visit, I was told that the cheapest available for bungalow at desa mutiara are 525k, maybe the 428k unit has already been sold. But, due to my budget and other consideration, i chose Anggun anyway Laughing

Hope more good developers are coming to rawang, and make the roads and amenities better there. like even further in, Saujana Rawang by Glomac is freehold as well, I mistakenly thought this project is leasehold since Saujana utama in sungai buloh is leasehold I believe, but well it is freehold also Wink
smooth9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found the satelite shot of this area which i believe was taken 1-2 years back, some of the developments on the west side of rawang toll has completed/almost completed now. However, I thought it might be useful for anyone to see a overview of the area with a satelite view.

..wikimapia.org/#lat=3.3145188&lon=101.5387774&z=15&l=0&m=a&v=2&search=anggun

The cursor is pointing right at Anggun if you open it, desa mutiara and saujana rawang is on the NW of anggun, and emerald west rawang is the piece of land just beside anggun on the NE. enjoy! Very Happy
smooth9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are some photos that I have taken in my site visits this few days Wink

linustw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Smooth,

Very enticing! Surprised for the money (433K kah?) SMD, gated and whats not, it's a steal, by looking at the property and immediate surrounding (presume green street concept?)

Is this FULL G&G and how much you expect to pay per month on maintenance? freehold+ individual title? Any club facilities?

Is this gateless concept? siu! Very Happy

Do you have the floor plan or is there anyway I can see this development from .?
smooth9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Linustw,

I am glad you like the photos. I actually like the entrance of the place too, but I didnt realise that I never took photos on the entrance/guard house area until I am back home Laughing

I manage to get the floor plan from their site ..hongbeeland.com as below:

Clarissa II, Cluster Semi-D (Thats my unit Wink )
Intermediate RM428,800k RM433,800 for units facing south, when I made the deposit.

Dansa II, Cluster Semi-D
Intermediate RM428,800k RM433,800 for units facing south

Blanca, Semi-D, few units left when I visited
RM488,800

Layout:
.://..hongbeeland.com/images/Type%20B.pdf

I was told Ariana is sold out, and there are a few bungalows too, but I didnt ask for the price since I know it will be above my budget for sure!

Phase 1 Anggun Masterplan

There is another masterplan of the township as a whole that I saw from their sales office and also online somewhere (but couldnt find it now) with the combination of Hong bee land' maiden development Anggun and their 50:50 JV with Guocoland's Emerald current and future development of about 1300 acres, these 2 projects is quite well integrated together from the masterplan since Hong bee is in the JV with Guocoland on emerald which is sharing the same access road and next to each other after the development is completed.

Quote:
by looking at the property and immediate surrounding (presume green street concept?) Is this FULL G&G...

yes, it is a green street concept with full G&G (surrounding wall, access card entry, guardhouse with guard etc)

Quote:
how much you expect to pay per month on maintenance? freehold+ individual title? Any club facilities?

The expected maintenence fee for the guard and landscape is RM80/mth, with the 1st year free. It is a freehold with individual title.

There is no club facilities on this phase, but the Jv project beside this project, emerald west, there is a golf course in construction (9 hole, maybe club facilities there too I assume? but not sure exactly)

Quote:
Is this gateless concept? siu!

It is a gateless concept indeed. There will be a wall with door on the side garden (so there is more privacy and your neighbour will not pop up in your garden in the middle of the night I guess lol Laughing ) I have actually enquired the sales person about the option of putting a gate in the future, and yes we can have our own gate if we would like.[/quote]

Good luck, and I hope to meet some neighbour here Very Happy

Last edited by smooth9 on Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:05 am; edited 1 time in total
smooth9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location map:

I felt like I am the sales person for Anggun now lol Laughing, joking and I am glad to provide any information I may have!
conan

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:16 pm    Post subject: Anggun Reply with quote

Wink

Hi smooth

I ve also purchased a unit at anggun. just went there last week, was really surprised the construction are going on so fast!

i have the same view abt what u hav mentioned in ur previous messages... u really do sound like an anggun salesperson... or even better... hahaha Laughing but the info u gave were really top notch.

last week i went there i saw some ground work at the piece of land opposite anggun. wonder if its for jusco? any idea... ? Shocked
linustw

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, it's a linked SMDs with 22' frontage. Not bad for the price. The artist's illustration is damned misleading Laughing

All in all, I think it's a very nice place for own stay, if you can accept the location. Low maintenance fee, secured and nice streetscape. As long as the security guards are doing their job, it should be a nice place to live. To bad there is no club house here, which most GG housing estates are going for it these days. But it does help to bring the monthly maintenance down. At Rm80/mth, I would assume no intercom system, and alarm is not free with house.

I am very surprised that the sales person told you that you can install gate?! Shocked it wouldn't be uniform lioa like this!

Did you sign DMC?
Enchanted

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote]I will try to visit rawang some day after raya during peak hour to experience the regular peak hour. In the past as I know in rawang west, there are lesser major developments, so the extension for the jalan batu arang has been delayed and delayed, you know lah, how long I takes if the “someone” thinks it is not important. I think the jalan batu arang road has a lot of room for improvements, maybe that’s why the cheap price now! But with more prominent developments around that area now(glomac’s saujana rawang, hong leong’s emerald west, desa mutiara, A crying
[/quote]

Hi actually your timing is out, the new bungalow lots opposite templer park on the way to rawang was selling for only 388,000 in oct 2007. The build up was 4000 sq ft and land area 5000 sq ft. Also the rawang area was considered very bad investment by banks. And was blacklisted in 2007. If you dont believe me, check the new commercialised area in rawang town. The shop/office building was completed in 2006. But currently is only 70% occupied. But jaya jusco thingy is an upside for rawang property I must admit. However if you hold the area for at least 5 years you will not lose money.
With global financial crisis currently on its way to our shores, you will lose money if you try to sell your house within the next 3 years. Good luck.
Just to let you know my friend bought some shop house a few years ago in Rawang end up selling with 20% loss. Good luck to you, bro.
smooth9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
last week i went there i saw some ground work at the piece of land opposite anggun. wonder if its for jusco? any idea... ?

Hi Conan,

Welcome to the forum! and I am glad to finally meet some neighbour from Anggun here!! hehe, which type of unit that you have purchased? phase 1,2,3? where are you from and are you working in KL? Very Happy

I try my best to get as much info as possible on this project. I did google around for the masterplan that was shown in HBL sales office (since it show the entire emerald + Anggun project +HBL future project as a whole), I have no luck so far. Rolling Eyes BUT I manage to find the masterplan for emerald east, west. So I modified it by myself from what I remember from the masterplan shown on HBL sales office. My modification is purely for ilustration purpose only and hope it is not too ugly for anyone. Anyone, please correct me if I am wrong at any point.

Ok here it goes:
(A) red color = HBL initial development. The piece of land north of emerald 2(renamed to emerald west on this year) and the land somewhere beside emerald 3, all together totaling 500+ acres also belongs to HBL.
(B) blue color = Emerald ( 800+ acres with JV of HBL+Guoccoland) The bridge is almost complete as an alternate road to reach the rawang toll/rawang old town. The golf course with clubhouse, is in contruction, and is designed by Ronald Fream (is he famous? Shocked )

Quote:
OK, it's a linked SMDs with 22' frontage. Not bad for the price. The artist's illustration is damned misleading

All in all, I think it's a very nice place for own stay, if you can accept the location. Low maintenance fee, secured and nice streetscape. As long as the security guards are doing their job, it should be a nice place to live. To bad there is no club house here, which most GG housing estates are going for it these days. But it does help to bring the monthly maintenance down. At Rm80/mth, I would assume no intercom system, and alarm is not free with house.

I am very surprised that the sales person told you that you can install gate?! it wouldn't be uniform lioa like this!

Did you sign DMC?

Hi sifu Linus,
Good to hear from you again, I agreed that the artist ilustration is quite misleading. I couldnt find the exact measurement for frontage too, but from my calculation, link semi-d has frontage of 23.4', and semi-d has a frontage of 20'.

Personally, I am suprise to hear that we are allowed to build our own gate too. I believe one of the reason is because HBL is trying to sell an idea that the houses in project are more unique to each other. In this 235 units of development, there are 2 types of semi-d design, 2+2 types of link semi-d design, and another 5/6 bungalow designs, as seen on the phase 1 Anggun masterplan that i have posted ealier, only the row facing each other will be the same design the most with some bungalows on the end side Shocked I am not sure of any previous development of this kind of concept for comparison here, as most house tend to be quite uniform, or for bungalow, buyer buy a piece of land and build to their liking. I guess this is something in between, and from my imagination, this kind of house by this concept should looks nice when completed. I am not sure whether we are allow to extend our house in G+G since i never stayed in G+G before. I guess since this is a semi-d/freehold, some people will extend their house/make some external renovation if allowed when the time goes on, and the houses there wont looks uniform. There is a mailbox/utilities box on one side and on the other side, I think the sales person did mention that there will be some sort of wall in the middle of semi-d, I did not ask for the exact detail. Hope the gate part will be nicely integrated into the whole environment if anyone would like to put on a gate. do you know if external renovation is usuaully allowed for this kind of project?

There is actually some delay in my signing of snp, as I just got my housing loans approved due to the balik kampung timing. But, I am still waitting for the result from another bank to compare their rates. So I will sign the snp when everyone is back to the office Very Happy I am not sure about the dmc thingy now, but will know soon.

Quote:
Hi actually your timing is out, the new bungalow lots opposite templer park on the way to rawang was selling for only 388,000 in oct 2007. The build up was 4000 sq ft and land area 5000 sq ft. Also the rawang area was considered very bad investment by banks. And was blacklisted in 2007. If you dont believe me, check the new commercialised area in rawang town. The shop/office building was completed in 2006. But currently is only 70% occupied. But jaya jusco thingy is an upside for rawang property I must admit. However if you hold the area for at least 5 years you will not lose money.
With global financial crisis currently on its way to our shores, you will lose money if you try to sell your house within the next 3 years. Good luck.
Just to let you know my friend bought some shop house a few years ago in Rawang end up selling with 20% loss. Good luck to you, bro.

Hi Bro,
Thanks for sharing your insight. I guess it is always best to buy property yesterday.... I am planning for own stay and am not looking forward to sell the property at least in the next few years, so I guess as long as, security is fine, more amenities is built closer to west side of rawang, and the road condition is being improve, and further improve, I will be happy and still see potential in long run Very Happy btw. Just to clarify on your point made, I guess the banks does not blacklist all the projects in rawang and def not this or any projects closer to rawang west since most of the developers around this area have sold out their launch on year 2007, and also beginning of 2008. is it right to say that it is probadly only one that you know or few projects out of the many project now? It will be misleading to say that bank blacklist the rawang area, since rawang covers quite a big area with different developers. no offence to anyone, but there is also some bad apples in puchong/cheras too. As far as I know, most bank is happy to finance this project now and other is arranging to be their panel of bank. I actually applied to different banks to compare their package, and the rates that I got so far is good mostly blr-2, with one blr-1.85. Laughing

Selamat Hari Raya to everyone celebrating and happy holidays!
conan

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: anggun Reply with quote

thanks smooth for the enlightenment!

for the past 1 1/2 yrs i have been looking around klang valley for a place i can call home.. and so far anggun is the only one which meets most of my criteria.. (in term of budget, security, house design etc.)i have gone to templer park, klang's aman perdana, sg buloh rahman putra and villa putra (semid- price about RM 500k near the hospital), the new housing (semi d price abt RM 500K) next to sierramas , sunway mas projects etc... so far i still like the anggun concept the best. My 2 siblings are staying in puchong. 15 yrs back ppl think that puchong will not develop, and look what is happening now... it is so congested that i feel it is no longer a nice place to stay.. (that's just my opinion, no offence Rolling Eyes )

i went to the sales office in anggun , probably more than 5 times before i decided to pay the downpayment.. i was worried initially as i see projects in country homes/ tasik putri r not doing so well.. i did some research and like what smooth said, the developer's background is strong and since most probably is for my own stay, i decided it is still one of the best choice after all. by having a jusco around in kota emerald, i guess it will somehow bring some improvement to the road system and a boost to the comercial business around the area... i feel there is no need for a club house, since they will build a golf course in emerald west which is just a stone's throw away from anggun. can save on the maintenance fees.. hopefully they will have swimming pool/ tennis court in the club house... Laughing Laughing and another good thing i see is that they ll hav a chinese primary school there...

oh ya, smooth, i;m currenlty workin in selayang. i bought the arianna phase 2 earlier this yr. hmm.. now i'm busy looking for info s like alarm/ grill/ renovation etc... everything is so expensive now... sigh.. i dun plan to build gate, as i think the place look nice without one... but i was told that u are allowed to build one if interested... u know, i have been followg tis malaysia real estate thing for a long time, and am i glad to find a neighbour here, hahahha.....

Laughing alright, selamat hari raya to those who are celebrating!
linustw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PART 1

Smooth,

I hope you don’t take it the wrong way! Your sole intention is for own stay, granted but investment is an investment. It doesn’t matter whether it’s for own stay or rent. Beside, one can never plan for longer future. You might think this is for your own stay, but there is always possibility that you might not be able to stay there for some reasons…….so when comes to property investment, make sure you cover your ground well.

Still for a successful residential project, Location is everything, then comes amenities and branding.

Lets talk abt Location:-

I first came to know Rawang soon after the completion of NKVE, about 15-17 years ago, and then when Talam made an entry into Rawang building links houses. I was (very) young then and the price was good. Anywhere, at the end, I bought into Puchong. Same same, rubber/tin estates, undeveloped areas and etc….and mentioned Puchong, everybody will consider it as “second or third” choice location. I picked Puchong strictly on sentimental value as my hometown was nearby. Definitely didn’t wear my “investment” cap then (not that I have one).

Fast forward to 2008. Puchong now is a striving “near-city” with population over 200,000 population. All well-known developers are represented here, from IOI, Setia, I&P, YTL, Malton, SIME (next to Puchong @ Putra Heights), Berjaya (Bukit Jalil) and etc… How do you define good locations? Just look at the quarterly The Edge on capital and rent movement index and you will see Puchong in there together with other usual suspects. I don’t believe Rawang is in there. In fact Talam went broke….bad sign since Rawang venture. Even Cheras is having more launches these days, and Kajang is catching up fast. Somehow, Rawang is still a sleeping rabbit.

Pricing – Puchong pricing has been very ganh-ho these days, partially no thanks to IOI and YTL. Std link houses already breached 400k mark few years ago, and to date, I believe the highest priced link homes are asking from 700k onwards, GG or otherwise. Latest SetiaWalk apartments are selling from 320/sqft, a new benchmark that rivaled even the likes of Subang Jaya.

Amenities: -

One way to assess this is to look at what banks and hypermarkets are there! If the banks aren’t going in, it only means trouble! Puchong has HSBC to CitiBank and hosts of other local banks…..You need to see if Rawang has such entrances. Same with hypermarkets.

Branding: -

These days branding is everything. You need to be known right from day1 of your township. I was amazed that this Rawang Emerald is so big (like >1000acres) yet the profile is so low. If this is under Setia, it will probably has won few awards already, or SIME, few carnivals have been organized, or YTL, heavily promoted on TV. Hong Leong is always a boutique developer, and its partner also not a top 10 developer. Combination of these two does nothing in terms of publicity.

Also, these days developers are gunning for two things with their housing development: commercial and club house. Sadly, this Rawang Emerald is short of these, despite of the huge land bank.

I strongly believe the next growth corridor is malawati/wangsa maju (slightly more expensive properties), Sg. Buloh (these days they called it by dozen names) and west Shah Alam. Sadly Rawang is not really in the radar, and not ready yet, despite of the 17 years in the making.

PART II

link semi-d has frontage of 23.4', and semi-d has a frontage of 20'.

Thought it’s the other way around. Linked SMD is std at 22’?

only the row facing each other will be the same design the most with some bungalows on the end side I am not sure of any previous development of this kind of concept for comparison here, as most house tend to be quite uniform, or for bungalow, buyer buy a piece of land and build to their liking. I guess this is something in between, and from my imagination, this kind of house by this concept should looks nice when completed. I am not sure whether we are allow to extend our house in G+G since i never stayed in G+G before.

Smooth, this is uncommon but definitely not something new……see Setia EcoPark. SMDs in between and sandwiched by bungalows at the end. Reason being that bungalows usually fletch good premium than corner SMDs. Setia also introduces the alternative façade concept, where there is slight different in two bunding SMDs and alternative façade on the one next to them (see Phase7B – Street of Art, Setia EcoPark). Also, Setia is offering the choice of 3 or 4 bedrooms on 1st floor so buyers can select the right SMD to suit their requirements. So the enclave looks more “designer” than run of the mills. The detached villa I bought in EcoPark even allow you to choose from 6 designs to fit into your land (no, you can’t build your own design, sadly for this particular phase). I am very excited about this. Just have to wait for the final outcome to see if it turns out as good as I hope 4.

Honestly, if you want refreshing and exciting design concepts for landed properties, these days I look up to Setia and YTL. Or Perdana DesaPark to some extend.

Extension involving earthwork is definitely not allowed. Awning OK. Beside, there is a min. 10’ clearance requirement for SMDs, and the developer already gave you the absolute max. Did you sign DMC? All there.

I guess since this is a semi-d/freehold, some people will extend their house/make some external renovation if allowed when the time goes on, and the houses there wont looks uniform.

It depends on how strict is your management/maintenance office enforcement. Some are very strict, others very slack. Overtime, no doubt it will becoming a rainbow village, knowing Malaysians mentality that always wanted to be stand out! And take max. advantages on the land their paid.

There is a mailbox/utilities box on one side and on the other side, I think the sales person did mention that there will be some sort of wall in the middle of semi-d, I did not ask for the exact detail. Hope the gate part will be nicely integrated into the whole environment if anyone would like to put on a gate. do you know if external renovation is usuaully allowed for this kind of project?

Depends on what do you mean by external renovation – like I said, garden and landscaping works usually OK, but wet work usually no.
Honestly I don’t think you can install gate (if upon VP, there is no gate). You might be getting the wrong info from salesperson.

So I will sign the snp when everyone is back to the office I am not sure about the dmc thingy now, but will know soon.

Smooth, DMC is usually signed together with your SNP.

Thanks for sharing your insight. I guess it is always best to buy property yesterday

This is so TRUE!
linustw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:08 pm    Post subject: Re: anggun Reply with quote

conan wrote:

My 2 siblings are staying in puchong. 15 yrs back ppl think that puchong will not develop, and look what is happening now... it is so congested that i feel it is no longer a nice place to stay.. (that's just my opinion, no offence Rolling Eyes )!

Are your siblings complaining abt Puchong and wanted to get out?

conan wrote:

i did some research and like what smooth said, the developer's background is strong and since most probably is for my own stay, i decided it is still one of the best choice after all. !

are there diff criteria for own stay and for other "stays"?
This is something that I always failed to amaze. Often or not, I read forumers that said "since it's for own stay, therefore XXXXX". Why is there any diff btw own stay and investment (I assumed)? We all know that for landed property, rental income is out, so basically we are talking abt capital appreciation. So is there diff criteria for capital appreciation for own stay and for investment?
smooth9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Linus, Thanks for sharing your experience, it is an indeed very fair and informative post. I think people like me (starting to buy property), and others will find it very informative for your ilustration of your view on a good property comparing to this paricular project.

Quote:
investment is an investment. It doesn’t matter whether it’s for own stay or rent. Beside, one can never plan for longer future.

I agreed that planning for longer future (which is unforseen) can sometimes be risky like "gambling" and many things may change down the road. I guess the risk is always there for this kind of property, but I believe if the area is property assessed, the risk can be reduced for buying into it. Plus since I believe this kind of property at this price is at selling at a "discount" because of its current environment, compare to other very much advertised "hotspot" which is selling at a premium.
The reason i said that this area is properly assessed is by going to the root of the reason why IMHO rawang is not considered good in many property investors' view.

Quote:
Lets talk abt Location:-

I understand that there is a point that Puchong and Rawang has been compared in the past due to the relatively large land bank of this two area. One of the reason which I believe made puchong what it is today is because of its proximity to KLIA/Putrajaya/Cyberjaya, closer to kl by comparing to the both, lesser toll at that time to kl, and also of course some good developers around (I am quite new on the property scene as you know, but I believe some developers were not that famous at that time and happened to be in the right place at the right time with of course their right product. Puchong is a project that made them famous for what we know about them today). At that time if I were to choose among the 2, I will choose the Puchong too. But now after this place is more developed with lesser and lesser strategic land, many developers are moving even further south, or west. To illustrate further, I know the outcome for the competition between rawang and puchong is so obvious now. But in the coming few years, many devlopers are now in west of shahalam, south of cheras/puchong e.g. kajang/seri kembangan bukit jalil, and nother part e.g. sungai buloh. Rawang is not that far IMHO looking at the map comapring with those developments. About the same distance to KL golden triangle and also north PJ where many office/commercial lot is coming up at a cheaper price.

I believe, the main reason for the property around rawang not doing well is because of the assessibility and also the bias in the property scene(for example I saw in some thread that some shops in sungai buloh which is about 7-8 minutes away toll to toll delivers to klang valley for free, but charge rm 100 to rawang. I will talk about amenities later since many newer development does not have much amenities as well at this point, but I agreed that most of them do have it in their pipeline coming up. This have jointly cause the price discount of the property+land price there.
(i) assessibility. There is a major problem on Jalan batu arang which I believe causes the price in country homes not doing well. As this is a neccessary road for peoples here to go home/work and people need to commute 3-5km on this old trunk road depends on which part of country homes they stayed. But, IMHO, this is not a problem for people staying in emerald, east west or anggun, since there are 2 entrance from this developement to rawang toll, left side 2km, right side right less than 1 km once the bridge is completed. Also, the Jalan batu arang which seriously need to be improved since long time ago looks more promising on making the road wider now as the developers is jointly prepared to co-sponsor the construction of the stretch from rawang toll to bandar tasik puteri. If this road has been upgraded accordingly. I anticipate it will take about 10 minutes from this development to sungai buloh consitently with smooth traffic since NSE on this strtch is all 3 lanes. Take note that many landed projects in sungai buloh need driving of more 10 minutes and is priced even higher, unless lets say in valencia/sierramas will take about 3-4 minutes to the toll.
(ii) bias. I agreed that bukit sentosa/beruntung and country homes is not doing well even at this point, and is not doing much good for rawang. But, the newer developements on rawang, especially emerald anggun i believe will increase the population of rawang with more middle income groups, since many of the property that were already sold in emerald costs at least 250k in the past few years, and anggun at least 400k for the past 13 months. With more middle income people in the town means more buying power, and more shops, banks, etc will be interested in this area. When the houses for the newer developments which many were mostly fully sold around this area moved in, the perception will be better for rawang I believe. Then the bias will be lesser and lesser for rawang. IMHO, there is a major rebranding that needed to be involve for this township for the projects to be successful, unlike newer town starting from scratch without any bad development, or with neutral township around. Imagine if talam were not developing a failure project there in the past, and instead a successfull self sufficient satelite town were in place? I bet the pricing of properties and infrastructure in other parts of rawang will be different from what we see today too.

Quote:
Amenities: -

I believe the main reason for the existence of good amenities is due to 3 reasons. population, accessibility and buying power.
(i) the population part is there with about 200,00-250,000 residence in rawang now, and the developments underway will bring in even more people to this town.
(ii) the accessibility is bad for most of the projects that were not doing that good. I cant believe there is still such road of this badly flow kind <jalan batu arang> for the relatively big population there. But if the road were widen AND properly planned, I believe it will stimulate developments in this area.
(iii) the buying power of MOST people in rawang is relatively low from what I see it now. But i believe the buying power of people in this area will increase with more middle income people moving in for the newer developments. If there is good accessibility with amenities, i believe it will attract some spillover people from sg. buloh to use/shop here too without having experience bad traffic and they are proximity to each other.

There are some existing banks in rawang, not directly in this development, since the commerial shops etc have not started construction yet I believe. i agree that most of the banks are local at this point, such as Hong Leong, EON Bank, Bumiputra Commerce Bank, Bank Rakyat, Maybank, Ambank, hope more will come. Very Happy The existing hypermarket is still quite small -bintang supermarket Shocked . But if tesco (closer to rawang town, i heard it is confirm from other thread) and Jusco (there is 2 sales person from different developer in this area who mentioned that there will be a jusco, but the last one i met have mentioned that he dont want to say anything about confirming jusco is here yet, but he say that there will surely be in hypermarket on that plot of land in anggun no matter how.) It will help make the place more convenience for the peoples here.

Quote:
I was amazed that this Rawang Emerald is so big (like >1000acres) yet the profile is so low.

To be honest, I am suprise about how low profile these 2 developers gets too. Maybe Hong leaong is sort of boutique developers, and Hong bee land an even more boutiqe developer at this point since this is the first project tha they develop by themself. Beside this project, they have 2 JV that I know of.
1. 50:50 JV Hong bee land with hongleong- Emerald Rawang
2. 70:30 JV Hong bee land with SPsetia - Setia eco garden in IDR

I believe Hong bee land may learn some tricks of the game from guoccoland/spsetia. For example, the layout with bungalow at the end to fetch premium price and different design of the semi-d like you mentioned in setia eco park. Maybe they have this in setia eco garden too in IDR, I never been there though. Also, HBL did some carnival in much smaller scale inviting local singer, liondance, drum etc for a mooncake festival last month too. But this of course is in much much smaller scale lah… compare to the one like emil chow and victor done by spsetia. Afterall, they only have about 30+ units/15% left for this phase to sell with more than 1 year of completion. I dont think they will roll out a lot of product until this product is complete, new developer is still new, and they need to make this good for their reputation, so that they can have some previous project to show customer in the future if they are launching in a bigger scale with more promotion. If I were them, having lots of cashflow, I will build it to the best even at a lost to gain a good reputation for future phases and reputation. But of course, that’s me la… Laughing

Quote:
Also, these days developers are gunning for two things with their housing development: commercial and club house. Sadly, this Rawang Emerald is short of these, despite of the huge land bank.

There is some retails, shops in the masterplan. Hope there are more and the business are doing well. As for clubhouse, I may have said it confusingly in my previous post. It is true that there are no clubhouse in this phase of Anggun, which is why the cheap maintenence fees. But, there is a golf course with clubhouse in the middle of this masterplan on my previous post (I mark it by myself since I couldnt find an updated version online), and since the emerald and Anggun are combined to be a township named kota emerald and were developed closely together. There is a golfcourse+clubhouse in contruction now. The good thing is that it is not part of the maintenence, and I believe will be optional type except maybe for future developement which the house sold may comes with clubhouse membership +maintenence. The man-made lake are deep Shocked

Quote:
link semi-d has frontage of 23.4', and semi-d has a frontage of 20'.

Thought it’s the other way around. Linked SMD is std at 22’?

The land area and build up is actually quite different Rolling Eyes
1. Semi-d, land area 35X75, from layout build up area will be approximately 45X25, since it has a 10' land behind too. So the frontage will be 20'
2. Link semi-d. Land area 32X75, from layout buildup will be approx 50X22, and since there is no land behind, the frontage from my calculation will be about 23.4' (22860-15720mm)

Quote:
Honestly I don’t think you can install gate (if upon VP, there is no gate). You might be getting the wrong info from salesperson.

I honestly hope that we are not allowed to install gate, as I am not planning to install one too. It will looks nicer with all units doesnt have a gate in my opinion and since its gated, I thought why having 2 gate, thief can still climb over a gate easily if they wanted too. Plus the street will looks more spacious too.

Quote:
Smooth, DMC is usually signed together with your SNP.

I will look into the DMC when I sign the SNP.

Thanks a lot Linus for your input as always. Very Happy

Last edited by smooth9 on Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:29 pm; edited 4 times in total
smooth9

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conan,

woa looks like you looks long enough to buy a property. It took me about 2 months before deciding into Anggun after comparing it with all newly launch properties available at this time. I guess your units has been build up to the roof now. I am not planning to build a gate too in this house. I will rather spend the money for alarm/grill and with my dog, i guess its safe. Although he is quite big, but dont worry he wont bite one and is very friendly to neighbours and will only bark to stranger sometimes. Laughing
everything is getting so expensive now. There is a homedec fair coming up in november I believe, and it usually have lots of bargain there too...
Enchanted

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="smooth9"]
Quote:

Hi Bro,
Thanks for sharing your insight. I guess it is always best to buy property yesterday.... I am planning for own stay and am not looking forward to sell the property at least in the next few years, so I guess as long as, security is fine, more amenities is built closer to west side of rawang, and the road condition is being improve, and further improve, I will be happy and still see potential in long run Very Happy btw. Just to clarify on your point made, I guess the banks does not blacklist all the projects in rawang and def not this or any projects closer to rawang west since most of the developers around this area have sold out their launch on year 2007, and also beginning of 2008. is it right to say that it is probadly only one that you know or few projects out of the many project now? It will be misleading to say that bank blacklist the rawang area, since rawang covers quite a big area with different developers. no offence to anyone, but there is also some bad apples in puchong/cheras too. As far as I know, most bank is happy to finance this project now and other is arranging to be their panel of bank. I actually applied to different banks to compare their package, and the rates that I got so far is good mostly blr-2, with one blr-1.85. Laughing

Selamat Hari Raya to everyone celebrating and happy holidays!

Hi bro, actually they only blacklisted commercial building and low cost apartments due to high default rate. But not anymore. Just wanted you to
revaluated every angle. Just sometimes concentrate on positive aspects is not enough must take into account the negative as well.
Actually just to give you my experience. I bought a freehold house 20x60
built up for 293k in setapak area in 2007. Walking distance to TAR college and melati lrt station. The house is currently rented out. Bcoz I wanted to buy another condo in wangsa maju also intend on renting out. I went to bank to evaluate my market value of my house for refinancing. Guess what HSBC bank told me market value is still 295k even though I bought the property 18 months ago.
However the same house is advertise for 330k in newspaper. There is big difference between what developer tell you and what actual buyer/banks will consider you property worth.
But is good you know what you are getting yourself into. Don't worry after 3 years, the appreciation will set in for your area. For own stay, long term should not be a problem. I am sure will you will enjoy your new house. Looks great man.
smooth9

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bro Enchanted,

Thanks for the heads up. Although i am pretty certain on the blacklist part, I just wanted to make sure. Its always important to know about all angles when buying into property, which is why this forum is useful to exchange view from different angles and sharing inteligence.

The ROI must be good for the property in setapak especially the location of your property within walking with TAR and LRT station! I understand that developers are more optimistic on their property's worth, whereas on the other hand most banks are usually more conservative on valuing a property and will also depends on the recently transacted prices(I bet they need a few transacted price nearby to determine the value of a property and not the advertised price since it may not be transacted yet. )Maybe the actual market value is somewhere in between. Rolling Eyes

Goodluck on your new condo buying:D
World IR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank for sharing... really nice photos and seem like a good finish property project.... any taker here ?

Smile Smile Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 1 of 20

Jump to: