HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Do you believe in feng shui?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property
View previous topic :: View next topic  
parabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkc wrote:
parabe wrote:
Hi TKC,

Can I know your DOB and gender and what year you moved into this house? You have to know your life gua first in order to determine which direction is best for you. Year of moving in the house is to check the luck of earth. If I have time, will try to give u free consultation. However, to determine the door facing, you must know how to use correctly the Luopan (compass) and a few measure techniques.

I have checked my gua number is 3. so the 4 good directions are N,S, E and SE. Yet to move in but I have checked the main door to be parallel with the gate and it is facing SE3.

I was wondering earlier if we reconstruct the main door to be facing a different direction, which facing direction matters more, the main door or the whole house orientation on the land plot? some practitioner actually says the main door is just an entrance to the house but there are also many other places where chi can come in especially the windows. So I would think the facing direction of your house won't change even if you try to modify the direction of the main door. What's your thought on this?

If ur life gua is 3, u should choose a house facing S, W, NW, and N. From year 2004 to 2023 (if u moved in in 2004 or buying new house and move in during this period), I listed below the best facing sector which would generate both Wealth and Health, follow by only Wealth but no Health, then got Health but no Wealth, and last No Wealth and No Health. Hope u could understand my poor english as I learn the fengshui in Chinese mostly.

With both Wealth and Health: NW2, NW3
With Wealth but without Health: S2, S3, W2, W3, N1
With Health but without Wealth: S1, W1, N2, N3
Without both Wealth and Health: NW1

According to Master Soo from HK, the door direction must be changed at least 90 degree in order to see the effect. Some people may not want to change the door direction but just use the side door or the glass door to be their main entrance every day. This is because the Chi will flow into a house when you open the door. So, some school of thought will recommend u to measure the door facing direction follow the door that he/ she uses as entrance every day.

Windows wise, I never heard any sifu using it to determine a house facing direction. What I know is we cannot have too many windows as the Chi might leak out quickly and cannot sustain longer in a house. Ideally if the North side of your house has one window then the opposite site, the South side should have one window to allow the Chi flow from one side to another side.

Fengshui is very particular in making the Chi (or air) flow into a house and then sustain a while before flowing out and replace with new Chi continuously. One of the concern about windows is the main door cannot "see" and face to a window at the opposite site where the Wealth or Chi will come in and cannot sustain in the house because it straight going out through the window without staying or sustain in the house.

I hope this answer your question and I welcome any "sifu" in this forum to give your comment if I have mentioned anything wrongly so that I and some of the readers could improve our knowledge in fengshui.
tkc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your detailed reply. I actually used Lilian Too's website for kua number calculator :

.://..wofs.com/.?option=com_custompages&Itemid=81

Only the year you are born will be needed for generating the kua number, for example, year 1979 gave a kua number of 3 with the following good directions :

Success - South
Health - North
Love - South East
Personal Growth - East

And that's only for auspicious directions in eight mansions analysis. we haven't yet gone into flying stars theory.

I think what you mentioned about main door is correct as long as most of the chi pass through the main door of the house. But for some apartment units, big windows or doors leading to their balcony may also affect their actual facing direction, so facing direction may end up not the facing direction of the main door. what do you think?
parabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkc wrote:
Thanks for your detailed reply. I actually used Lilian Too's website for kua number calculator :

Only the year you are born will be needed for generating the kua number, for example, year 1979 gave a kua number of 3 with the following good directions :

Success - South
Health - North
Love - South East
Personal Growth - East

And that's only for auspicious directions in eight mansions analysis. we haven't yet gone into flying stars theory.

I think what you mentioned about main door is correct as long as most of the chi pass through the main door of the house. But for some apartment units, big windows or doors leading to their balcony may also affect their actual facing direction, so facing direction may end up not the facing direction of the main door. what do you think?

I think the Kua Calculator you used is inaccurate. You can just Google search by typing "Life Gua Calculator" and you will found a long list of providers. When I used the following link to calculate my Life Gua with my DOB 7 Feb 1975, my life gua is 7 but the link you provided resulting as 8.

.://..redappletree.com/8_mansion_kua_calculator.htm

HK Master Soo provide this formula in his book:

For Male who born within the year 1900 to 1999, the formula is:
[100 - Born Year] divided by 9 = [100 - 75]/ 9 = 7 (Take my born year as example)

For Female who born within the year 1900 to 1999, the formula is:
[Born year - 4] / 9

If the person born within 2000 to 2099, the formula is:
Male = [100 - Born Year] divided by 9 then the balance minus 1.
Female = [Born year - 4] / 9 then the balance add 1

If the result/ balance is 1 then your Life Gua is belong to East group,
2 is West group
3 = E
4 = E
5 = W
6 = W
7 = W
8 = W
9 = E

For those people who born in February (like me), normally 4th is the cut off point to determine your born year should be 1974 or 1975 if take me as example. This is because the first day of Autumn (Chinese called Li Chun) will normally start at 4th February.

The link or URL above has provide us a table to determine the 8 mansions easily should you know how to utilize it.
parabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkc wrote:

Success - South
Health - North
Love - South East
Personal Growth - East

Sorry, my Maxis broadband give me a lot of problem recently. It disconnected very often which have made me click a few time submit button. Let's continue my 2nd part answer.

The table in this link had showed 2 tables to summarize the best facing direction for East Group and West Group as well as 8 mansions for the house with such facing direction. Each direction is represented by a numeric number or Gua number.

What your link author did is too simplify which may confused people or fengshui learning beginner who do not know how to utilise it. If your Gua number is 3, which also called ZHEN Gua (door sitting at East/ facing to West), and you buy a house at this direction (which is actually refer to W1, W2, or W3), then the 8 mansions will be illustrated as at this link:

.://..adelinapang.com/houseguae.htm

Anyway, locating at either W1, W2, or W3 will make a big difference which depends to when you moved into the house. This part will require our understanding on the Cycle (Upper/ Middle/ Lower cycle) and Period Luck. From year 2004 to 2023 is Period 8. So facing at:
W1 will give you good Health but Bad Wealth
W2 Good Wealth, bad Health
W3 Good Wealth, bad Health

For Flying Star, it will be a big and long topic which I suggest to use some FOC online tool to calculate and do your own study. One of the useful link is:

.://..fscalc.net/

Of course, you may also get a long list when Google search for "Flying Star Calculator".

Last edited by parabe on Wed Jan 07, 2009 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
parabe

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tkc,

For your last question about the facing direction should follow main door or balcony or windows, etc, I will practice what HK Master Soo suggestion to follow the entrance we use every day (my logic is open and close the door every day causing the flow of Qi). I respect other fengshui master who have different school of thought or theory which I am not in the position to challenge them but anyhow I am sure we might be able to "feel" which one is more accurate as I heard if we make/ design our house fengshui correctly, we should be able to see the effects in a month or couples of month...
tkc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi parabe, thanks for links you have provided. i used it and also generated the same gua number 3 and belong to east group with the tool :

Gua No: 3
Trigram: Zhen
Element: Wood
Group: East

So my lucky direction is still SE, E, S & N ?

.://..redappletree.com/kua3.html

I will take my main door of my house as the facing direction and my compass gave me a direction of SE3.

I looked at your posts in other topic, and it seem you have a house ready to move in soon in TTP? If I am not wrong, the unit should be facing NW or SE ?
parabe

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkc wrote:
hi parabe, thanks for links you have provided. i used it and also generated the same gua number 3 and belong to east group with the tool :

Gua No: 3
Trigram: Zhen
Element: Wood
Group: East

So my lucky direction is still SE, E, S & N ?

.://..redappletree.com/kua3.html

I will take my main door of my house as the facing direction and my compass gave me a direction of SE3.

I looked at your posts in other topic, and it seem you have a house ready to move in soon in TTP? If I am not wrong, the unit should be facing NW or SE ?

Hi tkc,

Seems like u r also a serious practitioner or have learned fengshui for quite some time as u are able to state some terminology rightfully. I feel embarrassed for my poor direct translation from Chinese terminology sometimes.

I think u r a bit confused about the Gua number, Trigram and the Group. If your Life Gua number is number 3, it indicated that u r belong to East Group. So the best house direction for u is:

Kan (1) - the house facing S
Zhen (3) - hse facing W
Xun (4) - hse facing NW
Li (9) - hse facing N

Please study this info and undersatnd better from this link for u who belong to East Group. Try to click each icon (total 4 icons/ directions) to understand what i am trying to explain.
.://..adelinapang.com/housegua.htm

If u buy a hse with Zhen Gua (which u refer as your Life Gua number 3) which facing W, then the lucky mansion or sector in this hse is like what u say/ interpret as your lucky directions are: SE, E, S & N. This 4 LOCATIONS (NOT direction of the house) in this HOUSE with the main door facing West will serve as a basis for u to design how and where to locate the master bedroom, the main door, the stove, etc. This link has illustrated clearly what I am trying to explain.
.://..adelinapang.com/houseguae.htm

Hopefully by now u have clear your mind about some author who just have mis-guided us due to certain reasons or simplification in their explanation.

If your hse facing SE (no matter it is SE1, SE2, or SE3), this direction will best serve the West Group people but not u unfortunately.

Yes, u have good observation. The reason I start study fengshui is because of buying this hse in TPP. I have chosen the direction facing SE. Anyway, this is not the best hse for me but it will at least score above +80% and this hse will give me both Wealth and Health till 2023.
tkc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, in that case, if the facing direction SE is not meant for east group, Icould still select the sector in SE, E, N & S for my best location in the house as given in :

.://..adelinapang.com/houseguanw.htm

though those are unlucky locations for West group, rite?

I mean, I can't change the whole orientation of the house anymore, I can just do with it and stay in my auspicious location within the house. Very Happy

I have checked flying stars for period 8, facing SE3 is indeed good. Both mountain star and water star 8 are located in the good location. What do you think?
parabe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tkc,

Sorry for late reply. I was trying to search my old files and get a scanner to scan the chart I got it from Yap Cheng Hai Academy during a property talk last year. Master Yap has developed an easy reference chart to score a house fengshui based on a person life gua.

Besides, I am also thinking hard if I should share this chart with you here as it may disappoint you when compare your life gua 3 to a house sitting at NW. Please let me know should you want me to email you the score chart personally instead of putting in this forum.

What I know from my self-study is: ideally the house must match our life gua. To what extend we could improve a house fengshui which does not match our life gua or to "neutralise" the negative effects, I think you may need to seek for a professional sifu's advice which is beyond my existing knowledge.

Another point is do you use the right tool and have the experience to measure and determine accurately your house sitting/ facing direction? This serve the most improtant basis to determine a house fengshui.

Anyone in this forum can help and share with us your experience and advice?
tkc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi parabe,

i use just a normal compass to determine the facing direction of the house. in my opinion, unless the house facing direction is near the border of the facing sector (e.g. between SE1 and SE2), it should be quite accurate just to use a normal compass. in fact, using google map could also be quite accurate. for example, TPP :

..wikimapia.org/#lat=2.9721845&lon=101.5898252&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2

your house could be facing SE3 direction. Let me know if you have the same measurement.
parabe

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tkc,

Very sorry for late reply. I was extremely busy in the past months, running around.

You are right abt d compass stuffs and i am very careful when selecting my hse and measuring the facing direction. I had used 2 Luo Pan and 1 normal compass to measure and even went into the site to make sure and confirm the direction. May be some will laugh at me as it does not seen like professional enough but i just do not want to take any risk on the hse i m going to stay for 10-20 yrs. Furthermore, that time i was just a beginner on learning fengshui. Practice make perfect anyway.
parabe

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tkc wrote:
hi parabe,

i use just a normal compass to determine the facing direction of the house. in my opinion, unless the house facing direction is near the border of the facing sector (e.g. between SE1 and SE2), it should be quite accurate just to use a normal compass. in fact, using google map could also be quite accurate. for example, TPP :

..wikimapia.org/#lat=2.9721845&lon=101.5898252&z=16&l=0&m=a&v=2

your house could be facing SE3 direction. Let me know if you have the same measurement.

Hi tkc,

Btw, I forgot to ask you. How could we use the google map to determine an exact facing direction of a house especially in my case?

And to answer your last question: my house is facing SE3.
Shellymaple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ya kismet,

what you say is true, i do believe but sometimes when they tell if you want this to happen you need to this, it really gets into my nerves.
parabe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Shellymaple,

Perhaps this is the reason why we must learn fengshui just to judge if someone has recommended something superstitious.

I myself never believe the luck will just change suddenly just because of fengshui. But however, I am chinese and some (may be most) of us are opportunist where we like to do something like praying, fengshui, etc just to enhance our personal fortune.

I never believe if someone ask me to buy certain fengshui deco to create some effects. Because I believe we must do good, then we feel good, look good and it will finally bring good, where the karma or the cause we make will bring us good effects.

Just some 2 cents article to share with you about fengshui which I "copy & paste" from internet. Hope it can change you mind a bit and perhaps changing your objective view into more subjective one with better understanding about people culture and ancient practice. Learning is lifelong and it take times to make us understand something you never heard or experience before.

The concept and practice of Feng Shui began thousands of years ago, in ancient China. It is the expression of Chi, which may also be referred to as ki, energy, or prana. People have employed Feng Shui principles to their lives and surroundings in order to bring in good fortune. A lot of us think that all Feng Shui brings is good luck, but, in fact, it is more than just placing a Ba Gua on your door.

Feng Shui has various schools of thought, based on the philosophy and culture of the people who espouse it. To date, there are around seven key schools, and these are practiced by millions of people all over the world.

The thrust of each Feng Shui school, as history tells us, are based on a particular region's religious beliefs, culture, geography, and prevailing symbolisms. Feng Shui can be present in just about anything. In the home, at the office, in the stars, in math, in colors, and within the self, among others.

The main schools of thought in Feng Shui are Form, Compass, Black Hat Sect, Eight Mansion, Nine Star Key, Four Pillars, and Flying Star. Form Feng Shui is landscape based and is commonly used in determining a home's Chi. Compass looks at the eight triagrams, also called Pa Kua. It relatively easy to learn but digesting the eight directions might be a
preliminary challenge.

Black Hat Sect, which may also be referred to as Ba Gua, makes us as its Feng Shui tools the principles of design, Buddhism, and psychology. It is quite similar to Compass but its directions are different. If determining lucky and unlucky days is the issue, the Nine Star Key school is the perfect reference. Much of it deals with difficult math, though, so some
people tend to shy away from it.

Personal kua numbers, which are said to help bring balance, are the specialty of the Eight Mansion. Determine your kua number and if it belongs to the East or the West. The Web has a lot of resources on this.

Astrological signs and numerology are the key thrusts of the Four Pillars and the Flying Star schools. Like the Black Hat, it deals with complicated math calculations, combined with logic, to help find out if a person will have any luck, and how this luck will be obtained in the future.

Having said all these, the history of feng shui is based not just on one story. Because of the many schools that exist, each definitely has its own story to tell. However, one thing common among all of them is this: good energy begets good fortune.
Andi Weisz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: I respect, I don't believe Reply with quote

I respect its believers but I don't practice it. I use common sense when designing my place. My family's comfort and happiness should always come first.
Homer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me too belong to the West group, but it does not mean that you should put your door in the west, actually SW is the best place for the door. What is read is for west people they it good to put your office, or where you finance come from, the dining room and bedroom.
jascheng

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

feng shui does good and bad... i still believe in it.. as long it is not too over... Very Happy
lumbalumba

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't believe in Feng Shui. Besides, it's not within my culture and I wouldn't want to bother changing and renovating my house again if a stranger would get into my house and starts talking about bad chi good chi stuffs like that. I don't believe in that kind of stuff.
sichang88

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to what I understand from one master, he said feng shui is not everything in life but just part of it. He said 50% is your luck which u cant change, it is from god. He said another 30% is from yourself, one must work hard to score the 30%. The 20% is feng shui. Everyone is not prefect but we need to score high point. Therefore, feng shui can help to get better is your luck is not so good. I thing it make sense.

I wasnt believe feng shui before but now I think I will do whatever can be done accordingly but not too into it as it is anyway 20% only. Working hard is better....
Yifengshui

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

8 Mansions And Flying Star alike, these are end user method.

Search google for my username, there is a storehouse of info on this two methods.

Cheers
amethyst

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Feng Shui too. But I only practice the general and most popular rules. I don't even strictly implement it, but if there's any chance to follow it, I apply it because there's nothing to lose, only opportunities to receive or welcome blessings. The major violations in Feng Shui are the ones I really take note of. But thanks to this thread, I'm learning more.
Stephanie Clark

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:09 am    Post subject: I don't beleive but want to try once Reply with quote

Honestly speaking I don't believe in Feng Shui but I would like to try it out just for the sake of curiosity. I wonder why it is very important aspect of Asian life & most of them do really believe & implement Feng Shui in their house, shops & even office.
thepirate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in Fen Shui in from a practical standpoint, for example, if you have water running at the entrance, then maybe it can relieve a little bit of stress when you come home from work, and maybe this adds up over the years, and sun in the morning right on your bed is not very comfortable.

That being said, also I believe in human nature, so when you invite a feng shui master into your house, its not really possible he says that everything is ok, even if it is by chance. In KV, those masters, the general impression is the more changes they ask you to make, the more "Master" they look, and maybe translates to higher price.
platform

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do. Reading Feng Shui is very much like a crash course in Philosophy.
kennylaw

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:14 pm    Post subject: Nothing's changed for me... Reply with quote

For me, after spending so much $ to buy all the "auspicious" items from a feng shui shop, i still see no difference... esp in the finance sector... any other tips guys? If u do have, kind to share with me? Email to me at kennylaw@hotmail.sg
Thanks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: