HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feng shui knowledge, anyone?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nanum68

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Feng shui knowledge, anyone? Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes Err....Hi, this is my 1st time in. I was actually seeking for advice whether to place a 3-in-1 samurai sword in my new home. I heard its not a good idea.
Kamen

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what samurai sword is but what is 3 in 1 samurai sword?
nanum68

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kamen

3-in-1 means long, medium n short (3 pcs)

Bought them in Penang. Its still in da store room. Hav u heard any bad things 'bout it decorating them inside da house.
kismet

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah..i dont think so.. i have seen many homes with their samurai as a decoration but i dont think it brought bad luck to them..
youbetcha1018

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feng shui is an ancient Chinese practice believed to utilize the Laws of both heaven (astronomy) and earth (geography) to help one improve life by receiving positive Qi. The words 'feng shui' literally translate as "wind-water"in English. This is a cultural shorthand taken from the following passage of the Zhangshu (Book of Burial) by Guo Pu of the Jin Dynasty Qi rides the wind and scatters, but is retained when encountering water.
Many modern enthusiasts claim that feng shui is the practice of arranging objects (such as furniture) to help people achieve their goals. More traditionally, feng shui is important in choosing a place to live and finding a burial site, along with agricultural planning.

Proponents claim that feng shui has an effect on health, wealth and personal relationships. Critics consider it a pseudoscience, even sorcery.
youbetcha1018

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to tell you, Good luck!
parabe

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Most of the fengshui master will tell you the Sword will create killing qi. My personal logical thinking is: if your house have children, it may hurt them if they play with it or if the house got thief breaking in, it may become your or the thief weapon which may cause someone injured. Anyway, it also depends how you keep or display it.
lilrita

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2009 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi!
i also know a friend who has decorated her flat with a samurai! and she still has luck! Wink
but i think the fact with the kids is important! they really can hurt themselves!
good luck Wink!
ngou

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends. Those who favor metal element will benefit from it. It also depends on where you put that sword. Basically, each direction and sector in the house represent one of your family member. eg direction east = eldest son; flying star 3 = eldest son.... so if your eldest son favor metal and then the sword is located at there then your eldest son benefit from it. If your eldest son don't favor metal then he may get hurt.

Usually I don't like to put those "sha" thing in my house. I want my house to be peaceful.
Shellymaple

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feng Shui is nothing but study of landscape, air, space, location, time, sunshine and humidity. it gives the knowledge of direction, balance and harmony. people will have different experience as it differs from one another.
parabe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May I ask you what and how many books you have read about fengshui? What school of thought you follow?

Have you ever follow the real practitioner to survey on-site a house, office or any property fengshui? It sounds to me you know very little about fengshui and may be cheated before by those who claimed they are fengshui master?

Pls feel free to share your experience and thoughts further in this forum. I guess most of the ppl here are not the master or ppl who want to make money from fengshui but instead we are enthusiastic learner of fengshui who are willing to share.
funniman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all...this is an interesting thread. My take on this is like this.

Kua or no Kua to me is not important. Direction to me is more to do with resale value of the house. You often find houses facing North or West less attractive than South or East. Why?

Olden days in China, the prisoners are banished to the North. It is believed that the bad ghosts would blow from the north. Actually it is the dusty winds that blow from Gobi desert that is very dirty. So facing North is not so good. As for West, normally the master bedroom is in the front and the you would have evening sun directly at it. Walls after heating up in the evening will emit heat even late into the night. That is why when you touch the walls late at night, it is still warm. Bad for the sleeping and you get restless after a hot night sleep.

For me it is just the feel good factor. When I walk into the house, I must feel comfortable. The turning of the corners must be in smooth direction, the spaces or the hallways must be in rectangular, the air that flows in must be fresh and lighting must be there. I am not in favor of semi rounded finishing.Try hanging a curtain in a arch or have you ever seen a not so symmetrical arch in the walkway?
In other words, practicality must be there.

When looking out from main door, it must not have obstructions or it must be on higher level than that of the road. When it rains, you don't want your porch to be flooded. As in the case of a shop, customers look up for the name, you don't have customers looking down for the shop.

On stove position, it is the same as sitting at your office table. Never cook with yr back facing the kitchen door. It is always sideways. For that matter, even if in a restaurant, you don't sit with your back facing the main door. Why? Cos you have this nagging feel that someone might walk up behind you.

Actually feng shui or otherwise, is all about logic planning in a given environment.
ngou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feng Shui in old time is called environmental study. You are right that it is logic planning of environment. One of the reason that chinese favor the house sitting North and facing South was to avoid the cold wind blowing directly into the house from north, probably also dirty wind from the Gobi Desert as mentioned by funniman.

You will be surprise that most young people now a day will have a book "Feng shui for house buyer" on hand when they buy their first house. The house resell value is not limit to facing direction anymore. If you study further, you will also notice the real feng shui won't ask you to do something illogical.
funniman

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not everyone had this priviledge of changing directions of the front door or kitchen all the time. In a household eg. the direction should follow which person in the house? Is it the father, mother or the children? It is almost impossible to have perfect directions / sectors that is in line with everyone at home.

Are we saying that it should follow the father who is the breadwinner but at the same time sacrificing the children's direction? Are we saying making more $$$ while losing the effect of health and performance of the kids? Or are we saying the kitchen should follow the Kua of the wife but not the husband?

I was at a sales office recently looking at houses. A couple came in and say they are looking for a house facing southwest. Nowadays most houses are built Northa nd South direction. This couple lamented that they had gone almost 10 sites and did not get what they want. And yes, it is their first house. Frankly, I just do not see the logic in it.

As for the feng shui books, it is too general. It is good to develop an interest but not to follow blindly.
ngou

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we follow the breadwinner in most planning. If the father in damn bad luck, do you think the child can live comfortably? There are still some other directions which are good based on your personal kua and even the house kua. If you talk about kua, most likely you are using 8 mansion system. You should know there are 4 good and 4 bad directions.
Kitchen represent the lady owner or wife in feng shui, to answer you is yes.
The couple probably follow the flying star system which house facing South West 1 (203-217 degree) will have the best configuration in this period. We call it mountain dragon goes up to the hill and water dragon goes into the water. For the dragon (or qi) to perform, you need to put them at the right position. In layman term is like your radio and TV, you need to place the antenna correctly and tune the frequency to receive the best signal.
If you think feng shui books are too general, you probably read those commercial books only. Have you try those written in classical chinese? Did you compare the books written by different writer? Books are materials, to interprete and implement is depends on the reader.
Luciano Marini

PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:52 am    Post subject: Feng Shui Advice Reply with quote

I am not and expert in Feng Shui and neither am I a professional. But what I know is that keeping a samurai sword in your home especially in your bedroom is not a good idea according to Feng Shui.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: