HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

repaying govt house loan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
digital

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:02 pm    Post subject: repaying govt house loan Reply with quote

hi there,

actually, i am a government pensioner and i still have a balance of approximately RM 18000 to pay to the govt housing loan dept (BPP) to settle the loan.

as a pensioner with a tight budget, can i
just buy a bank draft to pay up the balance of the loan, thus saving the lawyer's fee without having the lawyer to assist me, so that i can get my house title back.

if there are any other advices that can be offered, it is appreciated.

thanks
nick1994

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..if u'r talking about securing your title back, i doubt u can do it without the help of a lawyer....i believe it involves cancellation of the govt's charge against your property and this also involves the Land office etc....
cynthusc

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2005 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will still need to file a Discharge of Charge at the Land Office. If you do not do that then the Govt's charge shall still be reflected on your title. DOC only cost Rm200 in legal fees but and disbusements should be another RM200-300 depending on the lawyer. If want to do yourself, go land office and ask for help...be prepared for the run around. Good luck
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: