HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Cahaya SPK owners, pls come in
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
viper770

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Cahaya SPK owners, pls come in Reply with quote

Hi, just would like to attract all Cahaya SPK owners here (superlink, semi-d, link semi-d). I recently bought the superlink unit and quite excited about it after being impressed by the showhouse and its finishings (hopefully it will follow thru in the real development).

Any views from the other owners or would-be buyers? any idea when is the penchala link extension going to be ready?
pakeminem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi viper,
i too bought a unit at cahaya spk after being "wow-ed" by their show house. was thinking of buying at denai alam at that time. hope more cahaya spk owner will join us in this forum. good on you to have created this forum.
mamee1978

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought one unit there. Park Link Villas Precint 3.. still under loan negotiation right now. Very love the concept of development there. My plan to settle down with family there..

Hope everything would be fine.. SPK should be OK I heard.
viper770

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys!,

Been waiting for somebody to actually post a reply to my thread here, finally there is two! good good..hehe..

I am also negotiating loans now, at the moment, on my plate, OCBC and Alliance seems to be making good offers.

I love the concept of 'green living' and living by nature. I hope they do not cut too many trees there to make way for our houses, especially the ones nearest to the clubhouse (those would make the clubhouse cooler).
I also plan to move in with my family....
padeen

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all.. i bought a superlink house in spk too.. agree that the idea of 'green' living appeal to me also Smile ... is there by any chance the developer can complete the project by end 2008.. can't wait to live there ehehe Laughing
viper770

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Padeen,

welcome to the thread. Smile. Not too sure whether it can be ready by end 2008 or not, btw, anybody knows at what stage is the superlink at now? and has the developer made any drawdown from your financier already? I was told that it is still at foundation stage 10-15%, abt a couple of weeks back..
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Great to see a community growing here. Me and my wife purchased a Superlink end unit in August. Like Viper770 said, progress is still at the earthworks stage. Here's some pictures.

[img]lh4.google.com/auzani.ridzwan/R3PkbbYTH3I/AAAAAAAABHE/ZKKVRUbPiZU/earthworks1.jpg[/img]
[img]lh5.google.com/auzani.ridzwan/R3PkbrYTH4I/AAAAAAAABHM/p3gb1wwb0lE/earthworks2.jpg[/img]
[img]lh3.google.com/auzani.ridzwan/R3PkcLYTH5I/AAAAAAAABHU/kkv4oHnvZ7o/earthworks3.jpg[/img]

Was informed that the second payment schedule will probably be in Feb or late Jan 2008.

SPK actually gives u an account to check online the construction progress and billing details once your loan agreements are all in check.

Checked the area 2 weeks ago and seems the bungalow lots are now terraced. Havent seen how our Precint2 looks like tho.
silverdagger

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HI guys... I've also bought one in Precint-3, tomorrow gonna sign S&P. Its really gud to hear owners / wannabe owners here. At least we all could share some info & ideas.

Just like the rest of u....cant wait to live there.... Smile
viper770

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys, just like ask for opinions on loans/loans structures.

At the moment, I am considering Alliance Bank vs OCBC.

Alliance Bank gives me flexi-acct with a fixed 3yr rate at 5.2% and thereafter BLR-1.9% (gives me sense of security, if BLR goes up super-high in the next 3 years)

whereas OCBC gives me throughout BLR-1.9% with a longer tenure of 36 years (puts me in a 'lower commitment' bracket, due to lower repayment bcoz of the longer tenure). OCBC claims they are flexi, daily rest too.

Both are zero moving cost.

My question is, if I already have an amount of money which I plan to dump into the loan/current account, isn't it better to put it in, say maybe after the 3 yrs (if I opted for alliance) since that I can possibly obtain higher returns from investment in Unit Trust of something?

OCBC stated in their offer that I cannot put in additional repayment in the first 2 years to reduce principal amount.

So, back to my question, WHEN is the best time to put in that additional $$, to reduce total interest repayment, is it at the beginning of the loan or doesn't matter?
pakeminem

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Millionaire, azizi ali advised to take max loan, so that the money you have can be used to generate higher returns i.e. unit trust. the return can be used to offset the interest that you paid for the home loan. You can get 20 - 30% a year if you choose good funds. the rate you are paying for home loan is let say 5 to 6 % - so you still gain a lot. And you can even use the profit on UT investment to buy another / other houses for investment i.e. rental income. thus, better to use your extra money to invest in UT now n let the profits pay for your housing loan.
summersnow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 12:19 am    Post subject: Hi Reply with quote

I have just bought a Superlink unit (Precint 2A) Block J. Is anyone considering AIA for loan? I have approached OCBC and Alliance for loan but they seem to be slow at processing.
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: AIA Reply with quote

Hi summersnow,

We're in block L and took the AIA loan fixed at 5.99. We know its higher than other banks but we prefer the simplicity of conventional loan. That was back in Aug. Now AIA has lowered it to 5.75 if not mistaken.

Processing was quick, approved within a week. Payments are through Maybank2u.

The advisor at SPK was very helpful in educating us on the mechanics of the loan. PM me for her contact.
viper770

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi summersnow,
yup, AIA indeed is fast in processing. I got mine in about a week and its at 5.99% for ZEC., 5.75% for non-ZEC. But for me, I am still considering from other banks as well.

Hi Auzani, you mentioned that you are in block L and you bought an end unit? could that possibly be lot no 8? cause me and wifey got lot no 10, also an end unit. If it is, then we are potential next-door neighbours!
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha Hi Viper, looks like the cat's outa the bag. Indeed we're at L08! Very Happy
summersnow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the letter of offer from AIA. I like the idea of not having to worry about BLR increasing but I am also keen to know how much savings would I get from banks with a minus BLR.

This is what was offered to me by OCBC and Alliance (both non-ZEC):
OCBC
First 36 months = 5.25% (BLR - 1.5)
Remaining = 5.1% (BLR - 1.65)

Alliance
First and 2nd year = 3.7%
3 - 5th year = 5.25 (BLR - 1.5)
Thereafter = 4.95% (BLR - 1.Cool

Also, I am disappointed that we do not get 3-phase wiring for a house like this. I have checked at TNB's website, it cost like 2k+ to upgrade (with the current promo rate).
viper770

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys,

It has been almost a week since the last post here. I have just gotten my copy of stamped S&P,security and clubhouse agreement. But I noticed that in the security and clubhouse agreement there is no saying that the first year fees will be waived? (as advertised by SPK in their brochures, etC). I did a check with my appointed lawyer and they said that it has to be clarified by the developer. Any of you guys have gotten any letter from them confirming this?

Summersnow, the way I look at it, IMHO, Alliance seems to give a much better rate, during the first 2 years and so on is almost comparable to OCBC. Maybe you should try and negotiate for a better rate from OCBC? Smile

Auzani mentioned about getting to log-on into SPK's website and see pictures of their development, progress, etc. How do I get this access?
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Viper,

They'll (SPK) send you a letter containing a manual and your login details. If you go to their website you'll notice Buyer's Login at the top right of the page. I received mine, when the loan agreement was signed.

About the clubhouse and security your right, the agreement said that you had to make the payments, and more shockingly in a 6month lump sum or something like that upon receiving the keys?

I'll try asking Cik Fazilah regarding the matter. My office is just a building away from their office so can pay a short visit to them! Wink

Been busy surveying reno works and house fittings, forgot about those issues. Thanks Viper for pointing it out!

Here's her contact details:

Cik Noor Fazilah
Designation : Senior Sales Admin Executive
Tel No : (603) 2143-2323 Ext: 1203
E-Mail : nrfazilah@spkb.net
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

testing

auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 9:01 pm    Post subject: Construction Progress Reply with quote

December 2007

Earthworks 1

Earthworks 2

Earthworks 3

February 2008

Foundation 1

Foundation 2

Foundation 3

Foundation 4

April 2008

Blocks F,E,L

Blocks M,G,H

Blocks J,I

Block K

Last edited by auzaniridzwan on Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:36 pm; edited 3 times in total
pakeminem

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi all,

i have pointed out the payments that was outlined in the agreements to mrs nurul, the sales manager there. she said that it is confirmed free for the first year both for clubhouse n pak guard. probably we are using std forms contract prepared by the lawyer la. anyway, i told her that i am holding on her words la as oral statement can be part of the contract as well. nevertheless, thru experience, normally the mgt will increase the subscriptions price slowly la, so we better have a strong Resident Association to resist any attempt to increase the rates.

one more thing, do you all think that spk will increase the defect liability period from the current 18 months (those who signed their spa b4 1 dec 07) to 24 months. let us pressure them to have 24 months defects liability period irrespective of the date of spa.
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The fees will usually be reflected as a credit item in the account detail. That's how the early bird and bumi discounts were shown.
summersnow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:43 pm    Post subject: Defect liability Reply with quote

I spoke to the lawyer and Fung about the 24 months liability versus what we have 18 months. According to the lawyer, she said that 18 months because when the developer applied it was 18 months. Nothing they can do about. Fung said they will still honor any defects repairs / replacements reported - but this is again verbal.
auzaniridzwan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys,

There's a fun fair at SPK this weekend. Anybody up for a meetup? Wanna harass the spk people with our querries? Wink. Last visit last week, grass is already growing on the terraces.
mockingbird

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all

I bought superlink block F July last year. Anyone from the same block?

By the way when is the fun fair, sunday? Received sms notification but can't find any info on SPK website.
ct100

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Glad to find this thread! Just booked a link villa in precinct3 over the weekend and felt the urge to reach out for a support group Very Happy .

Well it's the same story as most of you guys here... Wow'ed by the show house.. Laughing but then again I believe I'm not alone in saying that the decision to buy was a real "leap of faith" given that we don't know much about SPK and its track record. I'm sure at the back of our mind still wondering if SPK can really deliver on its promise and bring to life its grand vision for Cahaya SPK.

I suppose being someone who always root for the underdogs in any of those "david vs goliath" type of movies I'm really hoping and praying Cahaya SPK will turn out to be a winner in the end.

May I ask the group here, what made you decide to go for Cahaya SPK?
Hope to have a good discussion here... Let me start, for us it was the masterbedroom's bathroom that hooked us in for good.. sounds funny but that's the truth! Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: