HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Real Estates Company

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
seripagi4

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Real Estates Company Reply with quote

Hi,

Could anyone pls. tell me what are the obligations of a person to his/her agent when the person assign an agent to sell/rent his/her property? For example, when assign an agent, the client will sign an authorized letter with the agent and in the letter its stated the period of appointment of the agent. My 1st question, is this a legal document? 2nd, Which goverment body govern the rules and regulations of these Real Estate company and its agent?

Thank you.
Rhys

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i know this is a late response but the body who controls Real estate agents is the MIEA (Malaysian Institute of Estate Agents) website is ..miea.com.my
cheewoi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually the body controll the real estate company is Board of Valuers, Appraisals and Estate Agent
rachellim

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:42 am    Post subject: Authorisation to sell Reply with quote

hi,

the authorisation to sell is a legal document that you signed for the agent to sell or rent your property. it's govern by the board of valuers, appraisals and real estate and recognize by court.

hope it answer you question.
Dunhill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(i) Your obligations will be stated clearly in the rather short letter of authorisation.

(ii) Do note that whatever you sign is binding (with certain exceptions), it shows an agreement which may be enforced in courts

(iii) If you have given the agent exclusive authority, there are still ways to deal with it i.e. by negotiating with the agent.

While all legal documents remain legal, there's always a way to go around it by negotiations Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: