HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

how to get real estate license ?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing
View previous topic :: View next topic  
real

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2004 12:02 am    Post subject: how to get real estate license ? Reply with quote

I'm Malaysians and I live in Cheras.
keithcky

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Re: how to get real estate license ? Reply with quote

real wrote:
I'm Malaysians and I live in Cheras.

study for a diploma and sit for exam
jhgoh

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

so where to sit for the exam?
keithcky

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOARD OF REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND APPRAISER
Bob K

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only place I know that offers the Real Estate licencing course is the G. Institute of Real Estate.

They can be contacted at :

G. Institute of Real Estate
Phileo Damansara II Business Centre
15 Jalan 16/11
Off Jalan Damansara
46350 Petaling Jaya

Tel : 03-460 1652
Fax : 03-460 1683
E-mail : gi@hartanet.com.my

I understand that Inti International College also has a degree programme in Real Estate Management.

I am not sure of the exact procedures and requirements. I suggest you contact these bodies to find out :

I hope the above helps Smile

Cheers,

Bob K
Bob K

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just found out that Kasturi College also provides a training course for certification as a Real Estate Agent.

Details of the course can be found here :

Professional Real Estate Agency Management Programme

Cheers,

Bob K
satyromaniaman

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any in Penang?
auelton

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:57 am    Post subject: how to get real estate license ? Reply with quote

Sorry for bringing back this old tread but I would like to know if there are any colleges or institutions which provides courses which will enable me to graduate to be a real estate agent.

KDU provides such courses, but is there anywhere else?

Your input will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
EdgarNg

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi im new and i have a few question regarding this aswell.

How long does it take to finish the course?
Is it like other normal degree course?

is there a part time available ?

Im 18 and in college currently studying for other course, and i would love to acquire a license for real estate.

What other alternative do i have?

Thanks
Leng

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all, my brother just got his license to become real estate agent.

As far as I know (from what my brother did), to get a license, you need to meet the following criterias:-

1. You have to study and pass all the exams.
2. You have to work for full time in real estate line (at least two years).
3. After the above criterias has meet, then you have to go for a so called interview (verbal). If you pass the interview then you may graduate and get your license.

This is what I know. Hope is helps. Correct me if I'm wrong Smile
johnbeckestate

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if u are above 18 then appear in a exam of "BOARD OF REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND APPRAISER". Good Luck.
CarmenYak

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 8:41 am    Post subject: Real estate course Reply with quote

hey , i saw your message tat you wanna study real estate course while you are studying. Have you found any answer .? Where to study this course? I am interested in studying this course too, hope you can give me your opinion.
EdgarNg wrote:

Im 18 and in college currently studying for other course, and i would love to acquire a license for real estate.

Thanks

heng944

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:55 pm    Post subject: Enquiry on where/which institute to study. Reply with quote

Leng wrote:
Hi all, my brother just got his license to become real estate agent.

As far as I know (from what my brother did), to get a license, you need to meet the following criterias:-

1. You have to study and pass all the exams.
2. You have to work for full time in real estate line (at least two years).
3. After the above criterias has meet, then you have to go for a so called interview (verbal). If you pass the interview then you may graduate and get your license.

This is what I know. Hope is helps. Correct me if I'm wrong Smile

Thanks for sharing. Would appreciate if you can share where he took the course. I roughly went through the The Board of Valuers, Appraisers and Estate Agents Malaysia page, and find that is like UTM & UiTM providing the course.

Quote:
B. FOR REGISTRATION AS AN ESTATE AGENTS
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS

1. All the academic qualifications recognised by the Board for registration as valuers.

2. Other academic qualifications:
MALAYSIA

A) University Technology Mara (UiTM)

1. Diploma in Estate Management (1995 onwards)

B) University Technology Malaysia (UTM)

1. Diploma in Valuation (2000 onwards)

2. Bachelor of Science (Land Administration and Development)

My second question is, to become an Estate Agent, do we need to get the qualification of a valuer as well? Thank you.
charlie112

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BOARD OF REAL ESTATE AGENTS AND APPRAISER
Adrian Wong

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious... Do you actually need a license to broker a transaction? I understand that some folks are doing it without a license?
yinnxi

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:32 pm    Post subject: About the course of real estate management Reply with quote

I have just finish my foundation in engineering from Curtin University of technology in Sarawak campus.

Erm... i would like to ask is it possible for me to jump to real estate management degree programme??

If it is,where can i take the programme in malaysia (nt government uni) and what is the name of the course?

I seldom heard about this kind of course.
Actually i m aiming to become an appraiser.
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can someone use another person's name ( a registered agent) to represent himself as an agent (not a registered agent)? i heard there are people "using" another person's name to start firms and conduct businesses. The guy who holds the license will get royalty fee for that.

Last edited by Blink on Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Blink

PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone work for a developer and try to obtain a real estate license at the same time?
redpopular

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 am    Post subject: Realtor Reply with quote

What should one do to become a successful Realtor?
forevertrue321

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Real estate course Reply with quote

Hi there...I just register for a real estate course in Ramscott Academy in Bukit Damansara for Part 1 costing RM4400.00. I had paid RM1000 in advance for the deposit but sadly I had something urgent opn so I can't attend the course. Tine course start on 11 October 2011 with Tuesday and Thursday course from 7.30 - 10pm.

Anyone interested to take over my course coz I can't get back my deposit. So u just had to pay me RM900.00 and free 100 for u.

Do PM me if u are interested.

Thanks..... Wink
Felix07Richerd

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is vital to study all the related documents of the property before investing, to see the license of a broker if any, to check for liabilities etc. All contracts have to be in writing.
All details such as the names of all parties, address of the property, purchase price, area, etc. have to be entered in the contract along with the signatures of all parties.
john_lee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EdgarNg wrote:

Thanks

Hi Edgar,

It takes about 12 (based on the new ruling to be gazetted by the board) to 18 months to finish the course, depending on how much time you dedicate.

It's not like a normal degree course, its more like professional exams - CPA, CFA, CLP. You just need to go for exams.

There are part time courses, Good Institute offers classes at 3 different timings - weekday mornings, weeknights or weekends. You can choose any timing that suits you. Taking this exam preparation course is the easiest and fastest way to get your license as we go through all past year questions and provide you with exam analysis - what are the important and frequent topics covered in exams.

Visit ..goodinstitute.my for more info.

.://..goodinstitute.my

Kind regards,
John Lee
john_lee

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink wrote:
Can someone work for a developer and try to obtain a real estate license at the same time?

Hi Blink,

It's easy to get your own real estate license. All you need to do is register for the exam, pass all the 11 papers and become a probation agent for 2 years. You don't necessarily need to be a real estate agent while you're studying for the course. In fact, you can even delay your probation agent period if you still want to work as a developer or in any industry.

We conduct the real estate license exam preparation course at Good Institute. Our students comprise not only of real estate negotiators but corporate professionals and SPM leavers too. Most however are studying and working as real estate negotiators at the same time as the career is very promising. I know of a few students who are SPM leavers, less than 20 years old but showing great maturity and closing a decent amount of deals too!

Let me know if you need more info, our website provides a step by step guide to get your license and the FAQs too. There are 4 intakes a year, the next one will be during March 2013, July 2013, September 2013, December 2013.

Do join the march intake if you want to make it for this year's exam. Should you miss this one, you will most likely need to wait until July 2014. You can find more info about the course structure and our offerings at the below:
Good Institute Webpage

Step by step guide to become a real estate agent

Real Estate Course Intakes and Pricing
ruhi

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

first of all you must have full knowledge about real estate license. A real estate license is the key to a lucrative career in the best real estate company. A real estate license is a powerful tool in the property business. Real estate will always be a dominant market in America. Homes will continue to be bought and sold throughout the state. Getting a real estate license will allow a person to be a part of this booming industry.

Last edited by ruhi on Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mullenax

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: how to get real estate license Reply with quote

To get a real estate agent license you should follow this steps. I think it will helpful to you.
Here is the list:
1) Be at least 18 years of age.
2) Have your high school graduate or have a certificate of equivalency.
3) Acquire the appropriate education.
4) Take the state exam.
5) Provide a background check.
6) Pay the licensing fee.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Miami Beach Real Estate
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: