HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Interior Wall Painting

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Renovation and Building Works
View previous topic :: View next topic  
[J]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:14 am    Post subject: Interior Wall Painting Reply with quote

Hi, what kind of paint is it recommended for interior wall painting. Looked through ICI catalog and found there are Pentalite, Supreme, and Peral Glo series. Don't know what is the difference though.

Also, how much is the cost to paint the whole house (2-storeys 20x70 intermediate link house, new), interior/interior+exterior, wall + ceiling.

J
cw17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aha, wanted to ask bout the cost to paint interior walls (excluding cost of the paint) in kl too.. anyone done this recently?
cw17

PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

btw, a relative working close to ici told me for interior paints quality wise not much diff between ici nippon jotun etc so can actually choose among the cheaper one ie jotun (as opposed to ici, heard it's the more expensive one) for interior paints, hmm that's just 2nd hand personal opinion only though
[J]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 2:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have received quotation for it...
Painting using Maxilite for whole house (interior + exterior), cost me RM2500.
If adding with sealer for exterior wall, cost would be RM3100.
Don't know if this is reasonable or not though.
iman210

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[J] wrote:
I have received quotation for it...
Painting using Maxilite for whole house (interior + exterior), cost me RM2500.
If adding with sealer for exterior wall, cost would be RM3100.
Don't know if this is reasonable or not though.

does painting include the cost of paint? or just manhour?

I've received a quoation of 1200 for interior (whole house 20x70 2 storey) with double coating. But without paint. is it cheap?
[J]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1200 for interior... how about interior + exterior?

I have received a quotation for interior + exterior (ie. wholoe house 20x70 2-storeys), labor cost is 1700. But it is done by Indonesian labor instead of local labor.

Anybody has any other reliable contact for house painting?
mic

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No matter is done by Indonesian or local is not the big problem,If the contractor promised you that he will get local to paint but end up China workers or others nation do it,then you feel cheated.Hold you last payment until you happy with their work.
preacher

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perhaps you should also ask for a breakdown on how much it cost per person per day. To share my experience, I wanted to paint my front porch but the my HM did not want me to do it ourselves cos we are not young anymore. Can paint internal but not external lah.

Asked for some quotes. Called those bargers that slot the cards into your mailbox and two guys showed up and quoted me, RM1000, labour only. I laughed and then gave a discount of RM800. I still laughed only and send them back. They were not happy.

Next called a friend's contractor. Quoted RM500, but claimed that he used Local workers, workmanship better and since my porch paint is pealling off, need to use Sealent and need more coats of paint, so take longer. Claimed if I want Indon, can be much cheaper but quality not guaranteed.

Told him I'll think about it and another friend recommended me this guy, Local, who just does painting and he did it for me, much cheaper than the second contractor. Not only that, got him to varnish my front door and windows as a freebie. Was satisfied and even gave him a small tip. Won't say how much he cost, up to you to negotiate.

His name is William and his no. is 012-341 7721. Just say that his customer from Suntex recommended.
mic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's is why we need more qoute from 2 to 3 persons.You are lucky if you get good quality and price,but if you are paying high price but bad quality,How things will turn out?I share my Experience with a aircon contractor work.
I don't deny after few qoutes found his the cheapest.

After finish the work of my new house.I already paid half to him and he chase me for the last payment.I found not much problem and agreed to pay him,but later problems come.
You can imaging an aircon contractor forgot to lay drainage pipe and caused my wall fill with cool water.
He blame my main contractor that seal the enternal wall thru away the pipe.
He agreed to settle the $150.00 instead of full payment of $250.00.
But this $150.00 never come,he is so sweet on the phone saying ok to pay and will deliver to my door step but all kind of excuses.
So I got it from his son without telling him bcos his son work for him.
I was so piss off with him and so I would like to reming everybody that go to OUG side look for Air con contractor,Pls don't look for a old good,kind looking guy Name Ton()fill in the blank surname started with T and his shop name started with O().
So i use the $150.00 and ask my main contractor to touch up it.
If you want to know the detail of this guy,shop,tel no or ETC,E-mail me at kinsin.chin@fujihunt.com.sg
So sorry for writing so long pages.
Now feel better.
Regards.
mic
iman210

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys,

was told again by the same contractor labour chargers of 1200 include of painting my main door and few touch up on the exterior part.

Only thing that blow my mind off that i have to buy the sealer before actual painting can be done. I was quoted using Jotun Majestic whole interior (color my choice) house paint alone RM700.

Exterior paint he will use his own paint.

my question is how much sealer is needed?
preacher

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For my car porch which is about 20 feet long, with the side wall at about 3 feet and 5 feet, and painting part of the concrete roof, I only needed 1 tin of 5 Litres Sealeant. Mind you, I had also used about 15% of the sealent for other purposes and it was still enough for 2 coats.

My advice is to get a good sealent, get the ICI Oil Based Seaeant. Its very smooth and any contractor will tell you its one of the better ones in the market. Do you know what paint is your contractor using. Don't use cheap paints. After a few years of Malaysian weather, it will show.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Renovation and Building Works All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: