HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Over charged ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
soridan hussein

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:48 pm    Post subject: Over charged ? Reply with quote

Surprised
Hi guys,

I was charge RM 2988 for loan agreement of RM114,000
and RM3903.50 for S & P agrreement for a properties cost RM137,500

It was a shock, becaused I had talked to the lawyer before the agreement was made, the cost should around RM5000 but now it's almost
RM7000.

Is it a fair charged, any one can help ?
Noor713

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:34 pm    Post subject: Overcharged? Reply with quote

Are you buying from the developer or an existing owner?

Cheers!
soridan hussein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:06 am    Post subject: Over charge? Reply with quote

I bought it from owner.
my44

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's very expensive. My loan with UOB for RM94K, only have to pay RM1,900 for lawyer fee. How on earth loan RM114K can charge legal fee RM2,988?
soridan hussein

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems it an over charge...Is it any different between below and over RM 100,000.00 loan ?
kekura

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the amount 5k mentioned by lawyer probably the fees charged by the lawyer. the rest may be duty stamp or others that paid to the government.
andoshahril

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's crazy.... you were definitely overcharged by your legal attorney. I wonder which legal firm handled your transaction. They ought to be shot! Twisted Evil
Noor713

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:47 am    Post subject: Overcharged? Reply with quote

Legal fees and disbursements are two separate issues. First you need to know whether your property has an individual title or still under the master title. Legal fees will be higher if property wih individual title and buying from an existing owner. Same thing goes with the disbursements.

Amount of fees for loan will be determined by which bank you'll be dealing with. Diferent bank different documents sometimes. The more documents the more legal fees and disbursements.
victim

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to share with u that i bought a property value at rm155k with strata title, my loan legal fee + spa legal + stamp duty was rm6200.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: