HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

legal or illegal..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tricky00

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 7:42 am    Post subject: legal or illegal.. Reply with quote

hi guys out there.. i m first time house buyer.. a poor one..

recently i got into this apartmetn in sri sinar almost completed and the name is prima tiara by csrc developer..

the problem is they web site show lots of promising such as free maintenance for 2 years, no booking fees, max price is RM 165300 but when i check out all this are just simply false info and the price is actually more as they increase the price for the unsold unit but it is above the ceiling price of RM 165300..

if i m gonna take the apartment which means i have to pay 13k more than the original price.. do u think is fair? or legal?

where can i complain?
aimtrue

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's a residential property, they are required to state min. and max. prices in their print (newspaper, etc) ads. I'm not sure about websites.

Also, they didn't force or cheat you into buying, since you didn't hand over a single cent.

But yes, it's not very scrupulous of them. Do you *still* want to buy from such people...? Look elsewhere, if you can...
Dunhill

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolling Eyes

Yup, got it wrong goliath...would that then suggest that the developer is free to change prices before we enter into a contract?

Last edited by Dunhill on Sat Dec 24, 2005 7:58 am; edited 2 times in total
goliath

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunhill wrote:
I think it can be safely assumed that not all developer's are tech-savvy.

In this case, they may have just updated the brochures and prices, but forgotten certain details in the website.

Finally, it is not illegal. The developer can change prices as they wish, so long as they have the relevant approval. However, if the prices advertised is substantially different, you may have grounds for misrepresentation based on contract law. This is unlikely and has never happened before.

Cheers

dunhill...................u got the law of contract wrong.
..............1st of all an advertisement is just an invitation to treat.............not an offer..................therefore there is no contract yet at this point.
It is when u buy................that u offer to buy and the developer then accept ur offer when u enter into the agreement i.e SPA...................then there is a contract................................so at the point of advertisement how can there be a misrepresentation when there is no contract. Very Happy

Btw.........even after u signed the SPA u can't claim misrepresentation coz u r fully aware of the consideration i.e the purchase price.
goliath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dunhill wrote:
Rolling Eyes

Yup, got it wrong goliath...would that then suggest that the developer is free to change prices before we enter into a contract?

Very Happy ...................without our authority interference...................yes the developer is not restricted.......................however if they change the prices then u can choose not to enter into a contract. i.e don't offer to buy.

It is as simple as...................if the price is not right, don't buy.
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...having said all that................no harm trying your luck at the Housing Tribunal etc.......make sure u have copies of all the misleading ads and note down now before u forget, what dates & times, names of sales people and what they told ya.......

Malaysian courts normally tends 2 favour the buyers, employees, consumers, etc............notwithstanding whether a contract exists or not.....

eg, no matter what is agreed and clearly stated in an employment contract, one cant fire at will around here..........................
goliath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.having said all that................no harm trying your luck at the Housing Tribunal etc.......make sure u have copies of all the misleading ads and note down now before u forget, what dates & times, names of sales people and what they told ya.......

Malaysian courts normally tends 2 favour the buyers, employees, consumers, etc............notwithstanding whether a contract exists or not.....

Very Happy ...............nick, the thing is 1st we must show that we have suffered loses as the result of those misleading ads...................which at this point it is just a misleading ad.................unless u want to claim petrol money. Very Happy
.............however we can report their improper conduct but beside that don't think there is ground for tribunal to take up ur case as u has not suffered any loses as a result...................that is if u did not enter into a contract. i.e did not buy.
goliath

PostPosted: Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now...............to make this topic more interesting.

Let's say even after finding out that the ads is misleading..................u still go ahead and buy at the increased price.................i.e now we have a contract.................do u think later u can go to the tribunal and claim that u had been misleaded by the ads and as a result suffered loses due to the increased price which u r fully aware of when u signed ur SPA?.................... Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: