HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US



Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>


Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Onwer Refuse to Sell after SNP is signed.

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AnneJohnson



Joined: 25 May 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Onwer Refuse to Sell after SNP is signed. Reply with quote

Hello..

I got my SNP signed in Sept 2009, and all these while the transaction for my property which is an apartment did not take place. Me and the vendor are using the same lawyer and each time when we call the lawyer she will mention they are waiting for master title blanket concern from the developer to be transfered to the current onwers name.

And finally in 2011, the lawyer told us the title issue has been resolved but now the vendor who is the seller is not keen to sell the property anymore as the property price has gone up, and our lawyer has mentioned to the vendor that he will need to refund our deposite plus with the compensation. The vendor is not agreeable to this and has contact me to offer the compensation but the sum is lesser than what was stated in SNP.

I have declined his offer and called up for a meeting in lawyer's office to come to a mutual agreement but now he is totally not contactable. He is rejecting our calls and not replying our sms'es

What can I do now? I felt cheated,
If I sue him, how long it will take and what should I do now?
Back to top
View user's profile
reeverbot



Joined: 31 May 2011
Posts: 6

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello AnneJohnson,

regarding your case, i seriously believe that the vendor hesitated to sell you the property after maybe he has already fond to the property. 2nd, as you say, the market price seems to be higher now, maybe thats the reason why he dont wanna sell the property to you.

in my opinion, the only mistake that you made is that you both engage with the same lawyer. this is because, the same lawyer have conflict in interest when supporting either one of you. that is the only mistake that you made.

other than that, the vendor are deem to pay you back the deposit that you pay plus the interest and other compensation that may occur. n yeah, if you already have the agreement, you may sue the vendor. just the time will be long to complete the case since according to your story he's been avoiding you call and all, n he might do the same to the court of law.

lastly, engage an estate agent in the future. at least, the estate agent can hold your money as the stakeholder before handing it over to the vendor.

n feel free to contact me if you wanna purchase any property in future. i'll lend a helping hand.

sincerely,
reeverbot
Back to top
View user's profile Yahoo Messenger
erizzzzz



Joined: 16 Jun 2011
Posts: 7
Location: Bangi

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:44 am    Post subject: Re: Onwer Refuse to Sell after SNP is signed. Reply with quote

AnneJohnson wrote:
Hello..

I got my SNP signed in Sept 2009, and all these while the transaction for my property which is an apartment did not take place. Me and the vendor are using the same lawyer and each time when we call the lawyer she will mention they are waiting for master title blanket concern from the developer to be transfered to the current onwers name.

And finally in 2011, the lawyer told us the title issue has been resolved but now the vendor who is the seller is not keen to sell the property anymore as the property price has gone up, and our lawyer has mentioned to the vendor that he will need to refund our deposite plus with the compensation. The vendor is not agreeable to this and has contact me to offer the compensation but the sum is lesser than what was stated in SNP.

I have declined his offer and called up for a meeting in lawyer's office to come to a mutual agreement but now he is totally not contactable. He is rejecting our calls and not replying our sms'es

What can I do now? I felt cheated,
If I sue him, how long it will take and what should I do now?


legal process may or maynot take up some time as there are procedures to be followed and depend at which stage the issue could be settled. might be able to comment more. any way to send me the copy of the S&P? email to suzearitz@ovi.com
Back to top
View user's profile Yahoo Messenger
hfchuraymond



Joined: 11 Jun 2009
Posts: 606

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: to land office (first check point) Reply with quote

This is the down fall of allowing too much freedom of contract when there is no assurance when the Master Title be surrendered for re-alienation pending which land premiums must be settled by the developer before sub-division for individual titles/strata titles be completed. Even lawyers dread to tread on such matters since the whole agreement can be subject to changes without any directives from the relevant authorities.

A land search should be able to highlight all these matters.

A practicial guide is to check your matter with the relevant land authority ( Pejabat Tanah Daerah) to determine how to resolve the issue on the delay matter. My concern is that there may be restriction of interests and possibly, even conditions on the title.

Therefore, your first check point is with the land office.
_________________
RC
Back to top
View user's profile
kammy



Joined: 17 Nov 2010
Posts: 715

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi,
when it comes to fuel when you buy a Honda Civic Hybrid, especially if youre looking for a car that is compact enough for your use.
Thanks
.....................

2012 honda civic
Back to top
View user's profile
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum



This is a free forum intended to foster communication between all users.
Hileytech Sdn Bhd does not guarantee the correctness or validity of postings, nor does Hileytech endorse any postings. No posting or contents in this forum can be copied and reproduced without prior permission from Hileytech and the owner of the posting. All other names and marks are trade names, trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
Powered by phpBB, Another web site by www.hileytech.com,Forum Archive
Tel : +603-89449965, +603.89449365 ::  Fax : +603-89440665 :: hiley@hileytech.com