HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Agent keep pushing me to preparing S&P

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tongtong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Agent keep pushing me to preparing S&P Reply with quote

Dear all Gurus,

I am first time buyer and I am feeling that I am in trouble. Can all kind and experience Gurus advise me what to do? Thanking you in advance.

I was introduced by an agent a property in my hometown in Perak. The property is belongs to a deceased person and the name in the land office is still the deceased person name. I was told a certain price for the particular property and then I told the agent that I wanted to offer a lower price. The agent told me that in order to offer a price, I need to put an earnest money to show my seriousness in doing the offer. I did that and sign an "Instruction to Purchase A Property" [color=red]Question[/color] : Can the agent do that when I was just offer without knowing that the seller willing to buy or not.

After a week, the agent called me and told me that his principal wants to meet me and talk to me about the procedures. When I met him in his office, the was giving me some suggestion that I then rejected. He talks about legal fees and stamp duty and I was confused. I asked him, are the beneficiaries willing to sell or not. He says he cannot tell thats why need to discuss with me. I was even confused cause isn't it I have already set my offer price?

Another thing that we discussed a lot during my first meeting with the principal was about the 3% commission that he wants to charge to me upon signing S&P. I was totally disagreed with it. His Reason: Appreciate his service to negotiate a lower price for me. Question: Am I supposed to pay the commission?
tongtong

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear all Gurus,

After first meeting, I meet the principal another 2 times. During the 2 meetings. I was asking for his answer on whether the rightful owners willing to sell or not and asking for relevant document, like who are the beneficiaries of the land. He refused to give it to me and i was been told that he will pass the necessary documents to my lawyer and ask me to appoint a laywer. When I ask again are they confirm accept my offer, he told me that 90%

And then via email, he told me that he accepted my offer. I asked for a confirmation letter from the rightful beneficiaries, he refused to give to me. And the agent told me that in their standard procedure, they do not prepare such a document for his buyers.

What should I do now?
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:56 pm    Post subject: conduct a private land search Reply with quote

One may conduct a private land search first.

The rest of the information can be checked directly with the agent in the presence of the vendor's representative ( the ones holding the Power of Attorney) accordingly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: