HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Perfection of Transfer (Strata Title)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xinfull

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 12:56 pm    Post subject: Perfection of Transfer (Strata Title) Reply with quote

Hi everyone

I got a few questions regarding Perfection of Transfer for strata title of my apartment.

1. Duration. I was told it would take approx 3 motnhs to complete. It has been > 4 months since I engaged the lawyer and paid the legal fees in full.
Is this normal?? How can I press them now? They keep saying pending etc.

2. Charges
There were 2 separate charges that I had to pay. One is Perfection for Purchaser. Apt cost RM185k, total fee came to RM850. That's fine.
Another one was the Perfection for Borrower.
This came to RM720.
I just paid this but can I challenge this with the bank??

Thank in advance to all ...
reeverbot

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi xinfull

regarding your 1st question, i must say that waiting for the title, whether the strata or title for the landed property do takes alot of time. they may promise within half a year but the land office processes too much application and they need time. so rest assure xinfull, in time you'll have your title.

and bout your 2nd question, am sorry cuz i cant help you. never heard bout that case before

sincerely,
reeverbot
hfchuraymond

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:36 pm    Post subject: some thoughts Reply with quote

I think you could be hoodwinked.

First, the Perfection of Transfer is a mandatory obligation to be completed within three (3) months from the date of the Memorandum of Transfer.
Once this period of time is surpassed, a late penalty fees will be incurred by the land office.

Nowadays, even extracting titles late from the land office after seven (7) days of issuance from the land office can be penalised. What more, if the Perfection of Transfer is delayed after three (3)months.

As for the legal fees for both Perfection of Transfer and Perfection of Charge, actually, the accorded fees is within RM350. Anything more, is subject to dispute and your property is below RM200K. Just imagine, how much more monies to be paid for the same type of work for signing on two documents, form 14A (for transfer) and form 16A (for legal charge) for properties worthed twice that amount ?

Very unpredictable, in my opinion and you probably may think of a number to call already. Please don't quote me as I am also a legal practitioner with a conscience.
Lord Aragorn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Strata Landed Reply with quote

Straits View Residences is the first strata landed property in Iskandar Malaysia. Moving forward, I think there are going to be alot of strata landed property launches and more people asking about strata title transfer Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> S & P and Legal Issues All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: