HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Toilet above Front Door

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xmocha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 5:13 pm    Post subject: Toilet above Front Door Reply with quote

What does Feng Shui says about the Front Entrance of a 2 storey- where the exact spot upstairs is where the toilet bowl is?

Anyone with any comments and experience to share>?
ginger choy

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi xmocha

I cud only share this experience with you. B4 that, I must say that I know nothing about Feng Shui at all.
Remember clearly...2 over years ago....was selling a unit of double storey link. 2 ladies came to view my unit. When they knew that the masterbed room's toilet was located above the downstairs main door, they
started to point out that their Feng Shui master advise them not to take this type of design becos it clashes with their surname. Secondly they had
so much faith with this master becos way back 30-40 years ago, this master had given the dad some advise and today the dad is a multi million air........never in my life heard of any such thing.
To me this is just pure Chinese taboos

Ginger
LBI

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to feng shui expert, having a toilet above the front main entrance is very bad feng shui-should avoid these type of houses.
ginger choy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LBI

wud u kindly share further info????? ie: why this type of design bad feng shui ??? TQ
LBI

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ginger choy, I read this from Joey Yap's feng shui book:-

Toilets are supposed to emit bad "chi" therefore should always keep the doors closed. The location of the main entrance in front of the house is very important for good feng shui for the occupier, therefore having the toilet above the main entrance is very bad feng shui as the toilet has bad "chi".

If possible, try to avoid buying houses with the toilet above the main door, if already bought, should renovate the house to either move the main entrance or toilet.
ginger choy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi LBI

thx 4 the adv. As far as I know many double storey houses especially the older types 20-30 yrs old houses are having designs like this. Some new
houses also the same.
I only heard that do not place an altar at that spot becos no respect for the gods and ancestors. Susah lah so many things to follow...!!!!!
Toilets are wet areas and if not enough ventilations....is just a matter of time we'll see FATT MOE like my fren's house....she always keep toilet doors closed. To renovate it will cost alot. Any more ways beside to renovate or move out or close for good??????
ngou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read many feng shui material and I never see that toilet cannot be located above the main entrance. Joey Yap himself claimed that toilet now a day or toilet in the mordern building is very different with the toilet in old time. Toilet today is very clean and free of bacterias and I believe it is not so important here. The 30 rules of building feng shui also doesn't spell out about this. Perhaps make sure your toilet clean is the most important. Very Happy
ginger choy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi ngou

Thanks 4 the adv.
ngou

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Different feng shui master will have different opinion and there is not reference because classic feng shui do not have this kind of building layout. In old time, the toilet is isolated from the house and most (probably all) house were one single storey only.

I think most modern double storey house have this kind of setup. Well, re-locate your front door if you are not comfortable about it.

Just my 2 cents.
btu32s

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a friend of mine bought a 2.5 storey house at Bandar Puteri Puchong. Turned out the master bedroom's toilet was directly above the entrance below. So the Feng Shui master told him to use the sliding doors at the other side as the entrance.
trojan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="btu32s"]a friend of mine bought a 2.5 storey house at Bandar Puteri Puchong. Turned out the master bedroom's toilet was directly above the entrance below. So the Feng Shui master told him to use the sliding doors at the other side as the entrance.[/quote]

No wonder lah... the latest terrace house at Puteri Puchong has the layout changed... no more toilet above main entrance.
MickeyM

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep the toilet dry or avoid using toilet loh...
mling

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Toilet above Front Door Reply with quote

xmocha wrote:
What does Feng Shui says about the Front Entrance of a 2 storey- where the exact spot upstairs is where the toilet bowl is?

Anyone with any comments and experience to share>?

hi,
Doing the partition 2 cover it. it ok redi. Very Happy
panasonic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thanks for sharing information and providing newest news for us, i'm going to read your forum more keep updating it.
comparatif simulation taux credit auto - Taux crédit auto. Comparatif des offres! Les meilleurs taux crédit auto sont sur le net !comparatif simulation taux credit auto
changlee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello dear friends,
In my old house, a small studio, when you entered the main door, you just meet the toilet.

It was too funny.
platform

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ngou wrote:
I read many feng shui material and I never see that toilet cannot be located above the main entrance. Joey Yap himself claimed that toilet now a day or toilet in the mordern building is very different with the toilet in old time. Toilet today is very clean and free of bacterias and I believe it is not so important here. The 30 rules of building feng shui also doesn't spell out about this. Perhaps make sure your toilet clean is the most important. Very Happy

It is really not about the toilet being dirty or not. The bad chi is more associated with us depositing our waste into the toilet. So even if you scrub your toilet all day long, the symbolism will always be there. It symbolizes human waste.
changlee

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in our mind with think always the waste when we are located near the toilet?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Feng Shui and your property All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: