HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

buy now or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
genedavinci

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the other note of Warren Buffett , one of my favourite quote from him was "Our favorite holding period is forever". He was refering to stock but I reckon it will be the same for properties.

.://..brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/warren_buffett_2.html
Boba Fett

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KSC wrote:
Yes, location is very important, but buying it at the right time is also important. Properties of the rich and famous are not immune to collapse. See what happened to the properties in the US.

Granted that properties appreciate over the longer term, but if one is buying for investment, one will want to maximise returns. To maximise returns, one has to be patient, a key ingredient with all highly successful investors. Another key ingredient is making and taking decisive decision when there is fear and panic. As Warren Buffet put it "Buy when there is panic and fear. Sell when there is euphoria."

Buying when there is fear and panic is easier said than executed. BUT one must be brave enough to make and execute this decision. Executing the decision in such environment is extremely difficult because majority of your friends will give very downbeat comments and increases your fear. Not many have the courage to execute the decison, although in their heart, they think it is the right time to buy.

Do you think our property market is in fear or euphoria state? If you think it is close to state of fear, go ahead and buy it. But if you think it is close to euphoria, you may want to wait for another day.

Property investment requires huge capital. One bad decision can set you back many years.

Go buy the book and read it first....I hv invested in many properties over the years but the last few years have been super fantastic after reading books written by trump and kiyosaki..what happened in US is different if u understand what had happened..we are nothing close to what happened there thanks to badawi..we were stupid enuf not to be joining the sub-prime game and it turned out to hv save our skin...
KSC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I read Warren Buffet and all that he writes. I am an investor in properties and stocks too. And I follow his general rule "Be greedy when there is fear and panic and be wary when there is euphoria". It has worked very well for me.
realstators

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Properties in Malaysia today are really cheap compared to the past few years, so I think that it is best to buy a property today and wait it to increase after a few years or so.
KSC

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

realstators wrote:
Properties in Malaysia today are really cheap compared to the past few years, so I think that it is best to buy a property today and wait it to increase after a few years or so.

Cheap?? Have you been following property prices the past 2 years? Prices are at an all time high in most sought after locations, some up by as much as 50%.
o_ss

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KSC wrote:
realstators wrote:

Cheap?? Have you been following property prices the past 2 years? Prices are at an all time high in most sought after locations, some up by as much as 50%.

Ya lor, the price was so crazy due to the easy housing loans. New terrace house development at Desa Park City cost MYR1.75m. Very Happy Wonder who will become the slave for the bank and the house.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

genedavinci wrote:
On the other note of Warren Buffett , one of my favourite quote from him was "Our favorite holding period is forever". He was refering to stock but I reckon it will be the same for properties.

.://..brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/w/warren_buffett_2.html

Thanks Gene, i'm just coming to grips with that. My earlier punting days are well over, now i'm in it for the long haul equity play.
stela

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Going by your flawed rationale, many undesirables live in other areas too. Do we also want to know how they get their money?
beekay

PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2010 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bandar Kinrara Intermediate (QASEK) going for RM945k!

o_ss wrote:
KSC wrote:
realstators wrote:

Ya lor, the price was so crazy due to the easy housing loans. New terrace house development at Desa Park City cost MYR1.75m. Very Happy Wonder who will become the slave for the bank and the house.
allin121

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Well i think it is quite an overwhelming sign. It makes me wanna buy property the moment i saw that sign. Anyway i believe you should do a thorough research and decides on that.
Executing the decision in such environment is extremely difficult because majority of your friends will give very downbeat comments and increases your fear. Not many have the courage to execute the decison, although in their heart, they think it is the right time to buy.

Thanks,

.://..ecigarette.org/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: