HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Which to buy, Park 19, Opal or Sterling?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vaidaman

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aight...let me be the underdog..

Park19@SS2:

1)Pai
2)Banzai
3)Epsum
4)Propcritic
5)Tham C S
6)Y2K
7)Jamesbond
8)Raistlin
9)Coldplay
10)The Mole
11)Kychong
12)Flipper
13)Karin

Opal@Sunway Damansara:

1)Nick 1994
2)Mercuri
3)Paragon
4)Yeeha!
5)Janewong
6)Spyweb
7)Propnet
8)Yahee
9)Pjutera5
10)Madmax
11)Wasabe

Sterling@PJ:

1) Vai
spyweb

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm Jamesbond, I think you should respect the person who post this thread which is hm. He is the only person which I think have the right to conclude this thread.

I know Park19 will win, but you are too hurry. Wink
eugenep

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park19@SS2:

1)Pai
2)Banzai
3)Epsum
4)Propcritic
5)Tham C S
6)Y2K
7)Jamesbond
8)Raistlin
9)Coldplay
10)The Mole
11)Kychong
12)Flipper
13)Karin

Opal@Sunway Damansara:

1)Nick 1994
2)Mercuri
3)Paragon
4)Yeeha!
5)Janewong
6)Spyweb
7)Propnet
8)Yahee
9)Pjutera5
10)Madmax
11)Wasabe

Sterling@PJ:

1) Vai
2) eugenep
pjutara5

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Three corner fight............who will win.............. PAS or BN or Independent? Which to buy................... Park 19 or Opal or Sterling? Can anyone guess the winner now................
mercuri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since this forum is so quiet, let me start by saying not why I prefer Opal, but rather why I don't fancy park 19 and more so, sterling@PJ.

Lets start with sterling;

I have been to Sterling@PJ and seriously I don't have a good impression of the place. Why? I think the location, price and even the land has huge problems:-

1) location
in Kelana Jaya, so far nothing appreciates in KJ, especially condominiums. Why do I say so? Pricing a leasehold condominium right smack in a crowded area in between Kelana Business centre and K Mahkota is nothing short of suicide.

2) pricing - 270 psf in KJ? can buy landed, better and at least dun have to walk so far from the parking. Also the units are huge and also close to 400k, with that amount, why buy a leasehold condo? Shocked

3) leasehold! the SA claims that the land tenure has already been converted to a 99 yrs upon completion of the said development, YA right! Razz

4) Over the properties here, instead of appreciating, condos around this area is actually depreciating, case in point, K Putera, some is letting go below developer's price. Go figure. K Puteri, somemore no need to elaborate. What I think of rental here? Definately poor investment potential.

5) choice and upmarket units is overlooking ...................... Subang Toll! can u imagine the noise and air pollution? even with double coated windows, the noise would still be ........... unbearable!

6) high density, need I say more? 16 units per floor with 3 service lifts? correct me if I'm wrong, but I reckon even b4 the traffic jam outside with so many ppl coming out from K putera, puteri, mahkota, sterling, the ppl would be having a vertical jam liao! Shocked

7) imagine the cars parked outside! Anyone would be lucky to even get into the condo. Wink

But all this is my unsolicitated 2 cents, some might beg differ. About park 19? lets see what the response is to this brutal opinion. Wink
goliath

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing...........Merc, nothing on Park 19?
mercuri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goliath wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing...........Merc, nothing on Park 19?

waiting for people rebuttals first, and then I'll come up with my 2 cents on park 19! kekeke Laughing
nick1994

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mercuri wrote:
since this forum is so quiet, let me start by saying not why I prefer Opal, but rather why I don't fancy park 19 and more so, sterling@PJ.

I have been to Sterling@PJ and seriously I don't have a good impression of the place. Why? I think the location, price and even the land has huge problems:-

1) location
in Kelana Jaya, so far nothing appreciates in KJ, especially condominiums. Why do I say so? Pricing a leasehold condominium right smack in a crowded area in between Kelana Business centre and K Mahkota is nothing short of suicide.

2) pricing - 270 psf in KJ? can buy landed, better and at least dun have to walk so far from the parking. Also the units are huge and also close to 400k, with that amount, why buy a leasehold condo? Shocked

3) leasehold! the SA claims that the land tenure has already been converted to a 99 yrs upon completion of the said development, YA right! Razz

4) Over the properties here, instead of appreciating, condos around this area is actually depreciating, case in point, K Putera, some is letting go below developer's price. Go figure. K Puteri, somemore no need to elaborate. What I think of rental here? Definately poor investment potential.

5) choice and upmarket units is overlooking ...................... Subang Toll! can u imagine the noise and air pollution? even with double coated windows, the noise would still be ........... unbearable!

6) high density, need I say more? 16 units per floor with 3 service lifts? correct me if I'm wrong, but I reckon even b4 the traffic jam outside with so many ppl coming out from K putera, puteri, mahkota, sterling, the ppl would be having a vertical jam liao! Shocked

7) imagine the cars parked outside! Anyone would be lucky to even get into the condo. Wink

But all this is my unsolicitated 2 cents, some might beg differ. About park 19? lets see what the response is to this brutal opinion. Wink

....*clap!, clap!, clap!*.........whos DA MAN now!!!!!.........

this place has seen one disaster after another...........................kelana puteri, kelana putera.....kelana mahkota.............& now.....wait, kelana sterling .......opps, got it wrong, its called 'The STERLING

eh merc, u got it wrong lar.............the reason all the condos failed was becoz they had kelana in front of the names lar...............this developer has discovered the error alredi...........

'The STERLING' will b an investment gem.............they got it right!!!..... Wink
mercuri

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick1994 wrote:

this place has seen one disaster after another...........................kelana puteri, kelana putera.....kelana mahkota.............& now.....wait, kelana sterling .......opps, got it wrong, its called 'The STERLING

eh merc, u got it wrong lar.............the reason all the condos failed was becoz they had kelana in front of the names lar...............this developer has discovered the error alredi...........

'The STERLING' will b an investment gem.............they got it right!!!..... Wink

Adoi! MY BAD! I didn't factor in the name! Perhaps if we wereto change kelana Putri into Nottinghill Residency, it would be selling eh? kekekekekeke Laughing
eugenep

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mercuri wrote:

1) location

Hello mercuri, I agree with most of the points from you.
1) Location : understand there is not much appreciate in KJ due to the crowd and over supply. However, i still feel that KJ's is convenience to travel from south to east. btw, it's easy to access LDP and federal highway. buying for own stay shall be fine.
2)Pricing : i guess is 210-220 psf. understand can get a landed property at this price but location won't in PJ area.
3)I'm in doubt the land tenure will renew...
4)totally agree
5)depends which unit you purchased. facing NKVE wouldn't be good but pollution happend everywhere in KL Rolling Eyes
6)i believe 611units/7.6acres = 80 is not that high density. btw, it served 6 lifts per block.
7) agree

Overall, i think sterling still good for own staying but for investment Park19 would be the best . just my opinion..... Smile
nick1994

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...eugene............................well done.......4 own stay purposes, nobody will b able 2 change your mind .............and if u'r happy & satisfied with your purchase....thats all that matters...........

Laughing

but 4 investment, .........i would suggest u can do much better than Park 19..............................and or course, the property investment world is much larger than Opal, Park19 & Sterling...........
sunwayopal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Have a unit in Opal that I am looking to sell off. 1141 square feet, selling for RM 270K. If anybody interested, please PM me or e-mail at sunwayopal@yahoo.com

Thanks.
empsun

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sunwayopal wrote:
Hi,

Have a unit in Opal that I am looking to sell off. 1141 square feet, selling for RM 270K. If anybody interested, please PM me or e-mail at sunwayopal@yahoo.com

Thanks.

Erh, isn't Opal still under construction? Can you sell it before it is completed?
kychong

PostPosted: Mon Dec 05, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick1994 wrote:
...eugene............................well done.......4 own stay purposes, nobody will b able 2 change your mind .............and if u'r happy & satisfied with your purchase....thats all that matters...........

Laughing

Ya! I agreed! However, you will heart sick, when you knew your property is depreciation. Crying or Very sad

Sterling is selling in Tesco Mutiara Damansara. It's indicates..... Question Exclamation Confused
JamesBond

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An article from the latest issue of The Edge on Park 19:

City & Country: Change for the better

How do you go from hawking gamat to building homes? Ask Gary Yow, managing director of the Luxor group of companies. But first, you must turn to chapter one of Luxor's story, when it was selling an entirely different line of products.
In the 1980s, the Luxor brand was importing refrigerators and washing machines. It was then that Yow's family bought into the company. When competitively priced made-in-Japan products put a dent in the consumer product market, the company decided to diversify into direct selling, and set up Luxor Networks.
Its aim was to market health food, with the bestseller being gamat, the cucumber-like traditional medicine. As fate would have it, a window to the world of property opened in 1987 when Yow, a mechanical engineer by training, heard that a UK company was winding up and selling its building in Jalan Kilang, Section 51, Petaling Jaya. Yow decided to purchase it. After all, he was not totally alien to the property sector. "My family had experience in property — we built some shophouses along Jalan Kampar in Ipoh," he tells City & Country.
Calling the building on Jalan Kilang a "bargain buy", Yow says Luxor Holdings used it as its headquarters; part of the building was rented out. Within a year, a buyer for the building came knocking, offering a deal they couldn't resist. Yow declined to mention any figures, except to say that they "made more than 100% in profit" in cashing out.
This whetted Yow's appetite for property. Realising that the property market could prove lucrative, the company set up a new arm — Luxor Properties Sdn Bhd. In 1990, Yow then applied a similar "buy, renovate, sell" strategy to another building in Section 13, Petaling Jaya, that was eventually sold at a profit to Lembaga Tabung Haji Malaysia.
Further motivated by the success, Yow jumped at the chance to purchase a plot of land in Damansara Fairway in the heart of Tropicana. That was in 1993. They then built three office towers, ranging from 12 to 18-storeys high, on the land. Two of these towers — the present Bangunan AmBank and Bangunan 3M — were sold to investors, who subsequently resold the properties to current owners AmBank group and the Employees Provident Fund respectively.
The third tower — Menara Luxor — remains the corporate headquarters for the Luxor group.
After dipping a toe into the water, the company dived in with its next project — Millennium Place Serviced Residence and Millennium Square retail lots — both in Section 14, Petaling Jaya, in 2002.
It was at this point that Luxor Properties hit its first bump in the road. Though both projects were 100% sold, Millennium Place had some hiccups from protests by residents in Section 14 — they complained that the 440-unit project would cause traffic congestion, even though the developers had proposed a road expansion. Residents of Millennium Place are likely to receive their keys this month, after a delay of six months.
"We've learnt that it's very important to have a close relationship with residents in the area," confesses Luxor Properties' general manager Yong Wee Cheok. He says even though a notice on the project was up well before it was launched, no residents voiced their opposition until after it was underway. "Which is why for our next project, we are working closely with the residents there, and keeping them informed," says Yong.
Apart from that, does Luxor Properties have a clean sheet? There is another blemish, but it is a tiny one. "Once we were a little late in submitting a progress report for the construction of the low-cost units," admits Yong, who adding that oversight earned the company a compound fine from the Housing and Local Government Ministry. "However, we are appealing against this charge since we did take on the building of the low-cost units as part of our social obligations, anyway," he says.
These lessons stood the group in good stead in its next foray — an ambitious residential and commercial development in a mature area that borders Section 19 and SS2 in Petaling Jaya.
Named Park 19, the eight-acre tract of freehold land will feature 790 housing units and a commercial component. The land was acquired in 2003. "Once we bought the land, Gary and I tossed ideas back and forth about what we wanted to do with it," says Yong. The entire project has a gross development value (GDV) of RM300 million, with Phase 1 (2.3 acres) having a GDV of RM108 million.
Yow and Yong did nothing for three months. Says Yong, an architect by training: "You see, we didn't rush into this. We are not a big developer, which means we can be more agile in making decisions. We realised the product had to be different. After we commissioned a consultant to do an in-depth feasibility study research, two things became prominent. We realised that consumers today are no longer satisfied with the standard condo. The scheme must have a strong concept and be lifestyle — driven. When we were doing this, we couldn't avoid having the Mont'Kiara area in mind."
"In Park 19 Residences, we believe we strongly echo Mont'Kiara — we believe we have the features, but probably minus its polish, its glossiness. For instance, we won't be using imported granite because the pricing structure doesn't allow us to do that. There will be glass surfaces, but on a more restrained scale. The design concept will reflect the lifestyle ambience of Mont'Kiara, but on a more affordable scale. With three acres devoted to the recreational area, Park 19 will have plenty of space, each with its own character and personality," continues Yong.
Park 19's location puts it close to Sungai Penchala, which will serve as a border between the residential and commercial developments. Cynics might argue that this exposes the development to flooding, but Yong gives the assurance that the company is in the midst of completing river channellisation. "Once completed, the project will be built above the 100-year flood level, complying with the Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID)'s requirement."

The right name
As for its name, a few were considered for the project. Yong says: "Since it's in SS2, we could've gone with 219 but that doesn't sound as good as Park 19, which alludes to the recreational component of the project. Attaching a 'Damansara' tag to it was definitely out, since that's overused."
The architects for Park 19 Residences are BEP Perancang, whose previous developments include upmarket residential developments such as Riana Green, Desa Parkcity, Sierramas and Cendana @ Sultan Ismail. "Since there's a natural dip in the land profile, the architects have been able to conceal the three levels of the four-level car park. Now, you know there's nothing interesting about a car park. In some cases, it can be overwhelming to look at," says Yong.
"With the land profile being the way it is, once you come into Park 19, you see the plaza, which reinforces the resort-style concept. We've been able to devote three acres to recreational space. We can do a large amount of landscaping, pools, pond features and a cascading waterfall," he adds.
Other features include a 25m landscaped pool, triple-volume entrance lobby and a multi-purpose hall that overlooks the lobby foyer. Under Phase 2, more facilities, including a 50m pool,a clubhouse and a themed garden will be added. Phases 1 and 2 will be linked by sky bridges, so residents will be able to access and enjoy all facilities.
Impressive indeed. But how about the quality of maintenance, given that the fee is only 20 sen psf? An economy of scale, is Yong's explanation. There will be 790 units eventually. "If you look at our features, most of them are basic, without the need for heavy maintenance. There's no musical fountain or fountain curtains where you'd need a lot of pumps to do the work. Instead, what we try to do is to rely on mechanical means. In that manner, we believe we'll be able to manage our costs well," says Yong, adding that the developer may set up a management corporation to oversee the running of Park 19.
For now, the land on which Park 19 Residences will rise is still home to a few squatters. Does this translate to delay in the project? "Actually, it's the other way round. They are chasing us to move them quickly to the flats we have built!" exclaims Yong, who says that the certificate of fitness for the flats has to be issued before the squatters can move into them. "They are very happy with the units, for which they paid RM35,000 but the value of which is between RM70,000 and RM90,000." The developer hopes to settle the squatters into the four residential blocks by the end of this year. The low-cost units will be about 120ft away from Park 19's border.
At the moment, Luxor Properties will be concentrating on developing Park 19. The second phase, comprising 500 units, is slated for launch at the end of 2006. This will be followed by the commercial component, which will be spread over three acres. Separated from Park 19 Residences by Sungai Penchala, the commercial component will be accessible to residents via a bridge across the river. "There are no immediate plans to develop this plot because our priority is to consolidate the residential development," says Yong.
He says even though Luxor Properties has been low key about the project, much has been heard about it through word of mouth. "Even before we officially launched our project, people who visited our showroom here at our head office have shown keen interest. In fact, 20% of the units have been committed so far."
wingedman

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess there isn't really a fight anymore. Opal Damansara is going to be completed ahead of schedule by April 2007 while Park19 has been delayed..and delayed...and sold off...and revised layout...and revised pricing...I just went for Opal's 25k rebate.

I guess when Park 19 is finally launched there won't be any similar development in PJ for it to fight with.
familyguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park19@SS2:

1)Pai
2)Banzai
3)Epsum
4)Propcritic
5)Tham C S
6)Y2K
7)Jamesbond
8)Raistlin
9)Coldplay
10)The Mole
11)Kychong
12)Flipper
13)Karin

Opal@Sunway Damansara:

1)Nick 1994
2)Mercuri
3)Paragon
4)Yeeha!
5)Janewong
6)Spyweb
7)Propnet
8)Yahee
9)Pjutera5
10)Madmax
11)Wasabe

Sterling@PJ:

1) Vai
2) eugenep
3) FG
expd

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Park19@SS2:

1)Pai
2)Banzai
3)Epsum
4)Propcritic
5)Tham C S
6)Y2K
7)Jamesbond
8)Raistlin
9)Coldplay
10)The Mole
11)Kychong
12)Flipper
13)Karin

Opal@Sunway Damansara:

1)Nick 1994
2)Mercuri
3)Paragon
4)Yeeha!
5)Janewong
6)Spyweb
7)Propnet
8)Yahee
9)Pjutera5
10)Madmax
11)Wasabe
12)Expd

Sterling@PJ:

1) Vai
2) eugenep
3) FG
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: