HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Commercial Property Capitalization Rates.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Etherus

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:31 am    Post subject: Commercial Property Capitalization Rates. Reply with quote

I am researching the Malaysian property market, particularly the commercial and industrial property and one issue I find absent in the discussions is the Cap rates that affect the property valuation.

(Cap rate being the percentage times that the rental income goes into the property valuation)

Is there any one involved in financing who knows what sort of cap rates I am likely to find in the Penang commercial property market for instance.

What rates are banks looking for? From what I see in looking at a lot of the properties in the market, is that applicable cap rates seem to hover between 15% and 20% which suggests to me the rents are too low or the values are too high.
randyhow

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm new here... Just a noob question...

Do u mean return %?
(Gross annual rental income) / (Property Value) * 100

In Klang Valley those with >6% is actually good. Don't think u can get anything above 8% in current market. most is around 5%.. but anyway this rate is better than Bank Fix Deposit.

My 1/2 cent.. or no-sense?
Georgie Shelagh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the introduction of service tax on commercial properties in the last couple of years I am in a predicament as to who shares responsibility for the payment of service tax. Going forward my rental agreements pass the responsibilty to the tenant but my dilemma lies with the contracts that do not have the service tax mentioned in them.
Can i still pursue my tenants to pay for this tax?
clintonbaisley

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This study develops a model of property market cap rates that draws on the weighted average cost of capital theory and the capital asset pricing model in the finance literature. The model indicates cap rates are determined by debt and equity spreads. The debt spread is the risky debt rate less the risk-free rate, and the equity spread is the return on the market less the risk-free rate. The empirical results support the importance of both spreads; however, cap rates respond with significant adjustment lags to changes in market spreads.
ysmn

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Malaysia, banks do not value property based on capitalisation rates, but it's used in financial accounting.
Adelaide02

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know about secrets and tricks of commercial real estate, you can ask from experts. Books, CDROM course and training course in online are available to get valuable information about commercial real estate. I got CDROM course from Commercial Real Estate Investors Blueprint and now I came to know more secrets about commercial real estate from that CDROM course. You can also check out that site if you have interest to know the secrets of commercial real estate.

Alara Cockburn
Commercial Real Estate Investors Blueprint
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: