HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KIARA 1888
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kitkat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as far as i know, this project oledi 60% sold, without any single press adv.
average price around rm310 psf...dun know when they going to launch...
aston2006

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi. anyone seen the launch of KIARA 1888? the concept and design is fabulous. i am thinking of buying. any ideas?
nick1994

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thot launch is this weekend.............. Question
mercuri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick1994 wrote:

bro, not everyone got the invite lah! u think u meh? kekekeke Laughing
nick1994

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mercuri wrote:
nick1994 wrote:

bro, not everyone got the invite lah! u think u meh? kekekeke Laughing

...this one i oso never get invite ler............this weekend coz i thot there was that 2 page spread in the Star couple days back mentioned this weekend onli launch no ar....... Question
Banzai

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they probably soft launched like 1 year back.

I'm puzzled over this thing called "soft launch", wht is it and why do developers do it.. what is the diff between soft launch and the hard launch? Is it just to get a feel of market / investor sentiment? If so, why do they take orders? What do they call soft launch in Bahasa ? Pemancutan Lembik?

So many questions, so little time.
aston2006

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think most of them like to soft launch "pemancutan lembik" is because of "kiasu" so that they can tell everyone that they can provide some discount from the list price to test the market.

if there are too many buyers then they will "hard launch" earlier and probably either take out the discounts or less discounts. another reason is probably the did not recieve approval from the authority yet.
mercuri

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder if there is really a terminology for soft launch in bahasa "permancutan lembik" sounds very x-rated and yucky. Laughing Laughing
winnie the pooh

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think the "soft" lauch here refers to "quiet" and therefore the proper antonym is not "hard" but rather "loud".

as launch is translated "pelancaran" and "quiet" is "senyap", literally "soft launch" is translated as "pelancaran senyap-senyap"... but that sounds like a clandestine operation to me. then again... maybe it is. Laughing
The Mole

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Pelancaran Senyap Senyap" may turn x-rated too if you misspell the 'r' .... LMAO
winnie the pooh

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's with the fascination for everything x-rated? the censorship board starved you people or something? you wanna know what's well and truly x-rated? in the government, we call it official secrets. Laughing
Andersen

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The really stupid thing with the soft launch is that they actually reserve all the "good" units for the main launch, and offer discounts to get people to sign up for the not so great units e.g. west facing or road facing etc. I am quite irritated with this practice and I think it sucks! It should be first come first serve, or at least first choice of which units to get, but even if you are the very 1st person to show, they will invariably say all the choice units have been taken up. Puh-lease!
The Mole

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a perfect world, there would be no interest rates for home loans, tenants would pay up on time, cars would run on vegetable juice, kids would listen to their parents and developers would sell on a first come first served basis... Laughing
assaji

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACDC wrote:
Oversupply is looming in that area.
Or some other players might come in and build some high density medium/low end condos using 'Kiara' in the name at the Segambut side, and subsequently 'cheapen' the whole place..

I don't fear the oversupply, in fact I see it as positive. I may be bias as I have a unit in Laman Suria. This road has been a poor cousin of the other corner of MK. With all this development, I expect values to pick up. Especially as Garden Int school is along this road.
aston2006

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hear that there will be a proposed parallel road behind the jalan bukit kiara 3 so that the trafic from segambut will not go through the current road(in front of garden school). i think this will be good news to owners here.

even if there are condos or apartments in segambut that use the name kiara it will not have the same address as the occupants in kiara so it will not cheapen mont kiara. it is the high profile buyers that make the kiara the "wanted address" and these buyers will definitely not settle for wannabes condos in segambut!
wctiong

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aston2006 wrote:
i hear that there will be a proposed parallel road behind the jalan bukit kiara 3 so that the trafic from segambut will not go through the current road(in front of garden school). i think this will be good news to owners here.

even if there are condos or apartments in segambut that use the name kiara it will not have the same address as the occupants in kiara so it will not cheapen mont kiara. it is the high profile buyers that make the kiara the "wanted address" and these buyers will definitely not settle for wannabes condos in segambut!

is te truth or not? mont kaira is selangor, segambut is KL, where got same address. so where the jalan bukit kiaea 3 heading to? what happen to the indon village?
nick1994

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mont KIara KL ler
DPB

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2009 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiara 188 owners were informed on 26th November 2008 that Kiara 188 is now completed & CFO has been applied for.

95% of properties have been sold, with some units still for sale by developer @ RM440 psf for condos and RM460 psf for villas.

Any other owners in this forum? Maybe time for an owner's group?
DPB

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

23/01/2009 - letters received informing of handover of vacant possession. I went & had a look today - seems basically ready to go apart from some cleaning up.
overthemoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPB wrote:
23/01/2009 - letters received informing of handover of vacant possession. I went & had a look today - seems basically ready to go apart from some cleaning up.

DPB ---> Do you know of the recent transacted prices in Kiara 1888 ? What's your overall take on your purchase ? Would definitely appreciate some feedback from purchasers. Thanks.
DPB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overthemoon wrote:
DPB wrote:

DPB ---> Do you know of the recent transacted prices in Kiara 1888 ? What's your overall take on your purchase ? Would definitely appreciate some feedback from purchasers. Thanks.

All the sales notices I have seen have been about RM450/sq ft. That is what they are asking - don't know what they are getting! The onsite agent says he sold 2 last week.

Overall I am ok with the purchase - getting renovations done now & wish I could say the same for the renovation contractors! So far I just go swimming in the pool every day while I am supervising them. The developer seem to be having a few leaks in the water features & other places, but I guess that's to be expected for a new property. The actual condo had very few defects & they have all been fixed.
overthemoon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DPB wrote:
overthemoon wrote:
DPB wrote:

All the sales notices I have seen have been about RM450/sq ft. That is what they are asking - don't know what they are getting! The onsite agent says he sold 2 last week.

Overall I am ok with the purchase - getting renovations done now & wish I could say the same for the renovation contractors! So far I just go swimming in the pool every day while I am supervising them. The developer seem to be having a few leaks in the water features & other places, but I guess that's to be expected for a new property. The actual condo had very few defects & they have all been fixed.

Thanks for your feedback, much appreciated ! Am arranging to visit the site in the next week or so.

Are you doing extensive renovation to the bare unit ? Have read somewhere on the Net that the 2 'negative' elements of the development are that the kitchen's only geared for 13 amp wiring and that there is no facility for hot water in the kitchen. How do you go about rectifying that ?

Btw, is Kiara 9's developer the one and same ?
DPB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

overthemoon wrote:
Are you doing extensive renovation to the bare unit ? Have read somewhere on the Net that the 2 'negative' elements of the development are that the kitchen's only geared for 13 amp wiring and that there is no facility for hot water in the kitchen. How do you go about rectifying that ?

Btw, is Kiara 9's developer the one and same ?

Yes, the kitchen wiring was inadequate - I have a dishwasher, 4 element electric cook-top and 3.3 gallon water heater so I had to get the wiring re-done completely. Everything is to be turned on this Saturday so we will see if the place catches fire! This was a bad flaw in the design and required hacking of all the tiles & replacing them - I doubt there is any apartment that will not have to carry out this change.

And correct - no hot water in the kitchen. I am installing my own tank heater under the sink. Actually I was looking for a tankless heater but it seems nobody has heard of these in Malaysia, or at least at Signature Kitchen.... Both bathrooms have tanks in the ceilings - again I would have preferred hidden tankless heaters which have lower running costs.

Another stupid design was that they have piped gas to the wet kitchen only and they will not allow you to put a window in the wet kitchen area so it is open to the elements. So, I won't be doing any cooking out there. But no piped gas in the main kitchen. I wonder how many people will sign up for the piped gas - I won't.

Kiara 9 is a different developer. Mitra Land? Something like that - my condo overlooks it. Built up to 27th floor at the moment.
overthemoon

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the head's up, DPB. Will let you know my 'assessment' of the development once I get a chance to step into it.

So, you're getting your kitchen done up by Signature ???
DPB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would be interested to know how it compares - I didn't do any shopping around - only bought it because I know the agency boss & got it at cheap price. Normally I only buy freehold landed property but thought I would try something different. As it turns out timing was good as I will have to live in it for a while.

Signature Kitchen - yes, in theory they are doing my kitchen, though it is dragging on & on and has had many problems along the way. Seems very difficult to find professional contractors in Malaysia. So far I am 0 for 3!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Market Analysis All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: