HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Any recommended trustworthy Property Agent?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dw

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Any recommended trustworthy Property Agent? Reply with quote

Hi, I am new to this forum. I have been eyeing for a property in KL/PJ area but have limited knowledge on which condo to get. Need advice on whether I could get a property agent to help me on this? btw, is now a good timing to get a property given the price hike in steel/diesel, etc.

Appreciate your valuable feedback. Thx in advance. Very Happy
Banzai

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any time is a good time. Might as well be now Razz

Re your "limited knowledge" about condos etc. would you really trust another person to give you advice on how to manage your 200k/300k/400k/500k+? I wouldn't and getting another person in to help you decide if it's a good deal or not is a bad idea. There's no real hurry to buy as there are good deals all the time (i.e. there are people desperate to sell all the time for different reasons) so do your homework before investing your money.
dw

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Banzai, really appreciated your valuable input. Thank you.
beacon

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depends whether it's for your own dwelling or investment.
lots of groundwork to be done here particularly if not hands-on of the properties in kl/pj.
or short cuts, pick a nice number from the property classifieds & have a chat with some nice friendly property agents (hahaha! Laughing ) re yr prefered location & ask for opinion. some agents are not that bad la. if they become pushy Twisted Evil (which is part of the nature), just stop at that la.
dw

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi beacon. Thx. It's more for investment actually. Your methods sound reasonable and will try that if it suits me. Is there any particular area that you would recommend? I myself like Mont Kiara/Hartamas though it seems quite crowded to me with so many new developments going on in the nearby areas. In fact, the price is very high which I doubt there is room for further capital appreciation except that rental income could be high.

Am I right to comment this way?
beacon

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for me, born & bred in damansara. have seen vast developments thru the years fm the eye of a spunky little todd (i'm still not that 'old'!) from a plantation surrondings to what we have now i.e. condos, hses, retails spurting everywhere. my opinion of this place is there are many exit & entry points e.g. nkve/ldp/sprint/penchala link etc like a main artery in pj.
so to speak i can only see this place for investment as well as own-stay. however, the demographic profiles here are mainly established families with chidlren, ppl working in s.alam,kl,pj etc. as for cap. appreciation i can only mention that a hse in BU (3-5yrs ago), 22x75 priced fm $180k now selling at $500k and above. pervious years for the new launches by see hoy chan, saw many ppl camping outside for more that 6 days waiting to get a piece of propoerty here. not to mention areas like mutiara damansara/damansara perdana etc Very Happy
yes, Mont Kiara/Hartamas area can fecth good rental yields from $2400-$4000 condo/apt furnished. mainly these are yuppies, expats working in kl/pj
just a comment .. Smile
beacon

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another way is to befriend those real estate agents who are investors themselves. they should give good advices.
hard to find but i think worthwhile though.
nick1994

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..here's a tip........though not many people can accept it....

...if u find a really good agent or someone u'r comfortable with......offer him a commission to source/look for great properties for u.......it can b any amount as normally seller pays commission....

...he'll appreciate it and will , in a way, work for your interests.......

...just something 2 consider......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: