Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Villa Pavilion apartments

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Villa Pavilion apartments
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 140, 141, 142  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Malaysian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicgal wrote:

Any1 can comment on the internet service coverage @ VP area? Streamyx available? Heard about Metrofon in previous posting, how is it? No phone line required? (can save RM26/month for the phone rental Twisted Evil )

I thought VP is Internet and Astro ready? It's mentioned in their brochures. So I would think that there will be built-in centralised cables and within coverage of either Streamyx or Maxis or Jaring broadband?

By the way, I've also received the letter for the RM510 deposit for TNB. It boggles the mind why we need to pay so early for the electricity if the construction is still not completed yet. I don't mind paying as long as they can keep their verbal promise of completing and getting CF by Nov/Dec this year.
Malaysian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicgal wrote:
But i guess 3-phase is too much for an apartment unit. Any expert here who can comment on this? If 3-phase, i'm sure u will get shock when u receive the electricity bill Laughing

This is very interesting. Can you explain more why the elec bill will be much higher for 3-phase? And how much higher? Is it 50% more, or double??
louisecheng

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysian wrote:
Musicgal wrote:

Any1 can comment on the internet service coverage @ VP area? Streamyx available? Heard about Metrofon in previous posting, how is it? No phone line required? (can save RM26/month for the phone rental Twisted Evil )

I thought VP is Internet and Astro ready? It's mentioned in their brochures. So I would think that there will be built-in centralised cables and within coverage of either Streamyx or Maxis or Jaring broadband?

By the way, I've also received the letter for the RM510 deposit for TNB. It boggles the mind why we need to pay so early for the electricity if the construction is still not completed yet. I don't mind paying as long as they can keep their verbal promise of completing and getting CF by Nov/Dec this year.

Malaysian, will it be possible to get CF within this yr? As i see from the brochure, the expected completion date is May '08.
I used to work for a local developer, seldom heard developer can be so efficient wor..
gentoo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep. i can see this apartment everyday. by looking from the outside, the A block has been completely painted in white, except the toppest two units.

i still dont know why for both block, they didnt paint the last 2 units on the top. hahahah

but from the inside, i dont know how far their work has undergone.

me too, i dont mind paying the 500 if they fulfill their original promise on everything inside the brochure and complete the project and the link road on time. its my home and i want it to be perfect as what i have paid.

Smile
________
AMC Spirit

Last edited by gentoo on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Musicgal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysian wrote:
Musicgal wrote:
But i guess 3-phase is too much for an apartment unit. Any expert here who can comment on this? If 3-phase, i'm sure u will get shock when u receive the electricity bill Laughing
This is very interesting. Can you explain more why the elec bill will be much higher for 3-phase? And how much higher? Is it 50% more, or double??

Hi Malaysian, i'm not an expert in this but i did ask my fren & he said that 3-phase normally used for commercial area & is much more costsly to install. I guess, 3-phase support higher watts therefore, consumes more electricity. Correct me if i'm wrong? I found an article posted by tkrussel @ askmehelpdesk.com, would like to share with u guys Smile
tkrussel wrote:
3 phase is usually never available in single family and light multi-dwelling residential areas, or allowed in a residential dwelling even if it is on the street. All utility distribution is three phase, look at the top of utility poles on main roads and you will see three wires at the very top.
3 Phase is widely used for light commercial, such as stores, plazas, etc. 3 phase is widely used as the main feed for large residential building, such as large condos, apartment buildings, however only single phase is brought to the actual units. but having 3 phase brought to the building allows for the large motors such as elevators,boilers, etc.
To illustrate the typical service available from utilities:
Single phase 120/240 volt service at 100 amps can provide 24000 watts of power.
The largest single phase motor available is approximately 10 HP.
Typical 3 phase 120/208 volt service at 100 amps can provide 35984 watts of power.
3 Phase motors are available up to 3000 HP.
There is a 240 volt 3 phase service available, thou is rarely used, and is only for industrial applications, so I di not use that as an illustration.
Here are a couple of websites that explain three theory, the math is a bit more than you need, but the explaination is good:
..en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three-phase_electric_power
.://..allaboutcircuits.com/vol_2/chpt_10/2.html
If you do have only single phase available, and only need 3 phase for a one or two 3 phase machine, consider using a three phase converter, here is a popular manufacturer: .://..phaseconverter.com/about.html

________
KLX250A

Last edited by Musicgal on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
nurjmo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

Got back from a long hiatus and suddenly there's this issue about the TNB deposit.

Spoke to Vivien just now and she says that the RM500 deposit is for single phase (guess nothing new there) and if I wanted 3-phase then it'd be RM1,000 - but she says that I can easily change to 3-phase later on if I wanted to (thinking that the TNB promo is until May next year - hope VP would be ready sooner). What I heard about it is that you are going to have a lot of electrical appliances in the house (or apt) - such as three aircons for three rooms, fridge, washing machine and dryer - better to get 3-phase wiring as it would be more stable and less likely to get burnt out like single-phase. But will read up more on this before deciding...thanks musicgal for the links - still confused as they're quite technical.

Can anyone tell me if we would get back this deposit later or is it a non-refundable deposit (RM500 - banyak mahal)?

Also, she says that VP will be completed by beginning next year (not end of this year as they were aiming for before).

*Sigh* think may make a trip over there this weekend to see what's happening with the place.
dericq

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

such as high deposit? I cant recall paying so much for 1 phase deposit of TNB for Villamas (Puchong Jaya) under same developer..
Musicgal

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonbv wrote:
So why dont we just pay first and then ask TNB to rebate when we occupy the unit. For example. ask TNB to rebate first two months or first three months from the deposit when we start using the electric. it was just my own opinion. Wink

Every1 was shocked with the amount asked for the deposit, but no choice, we still need to pay. Hope will get a rebate from TNB like what jonbv said.

Hi dericq,
The amount of deposit u have paid will be stated in your monthly tnb bill (cagaran column).

Would like to know, is the developer going to pay for fire insurance for our unit? How long will they pay? Heard from my banker, developer will pay for it. Is that true?? Cool
________
weed vaporizers

Last edited by Musicgal on Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total
dericq

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

once I collected the keys, we are billed the fire insurance by developer.

I had to cancel the fire insurance, bought by my banker..as they overlap.

Amount was: RM85.95 (my unit 1169 sq ft)
that was for 2006 when i collected the keys, insurance was to be paid compulsary together with these:

24-Jun-06 1 Month Service Charge Deposit 173.55
3 Months Service Charges (July-Sept '06) 520.65
3 Months Sinking Fund (July-Sept '06) 52.08
Water Supply Connection Fee 10.00
Insurance Premium 2006 85.95

in Jul 2007, was billed RM 87.38 for insurance

so are u sure, developer will pay? Didn't for me for Villamas. Rolling Eyes
gentoo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wahhh.. so much more payment need to be made before can get the house..

dericq, last time, where did you picked up your keys , is it from developer's site office or their main office?

what about CF? how long will it take and where to pick it up?

Very Happy
________
buy cannabis seeds

Last edited by gentoo on Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
wenqz80

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haiz... Sad Deposit, Deposit and Deposit.... sound is nice, but what the different to throw money to sea?

Hi, Dericq. How is VM management so far? everything OK? Have your residential community formed?
dericq

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

whoa...many inquiries..

ok:

TNB DEPOSIT = RM250.00

Last amount release loan from bank, done....can go and get keys once
confirm with developer.

Developer will ask for the mentioned payments, as I stated previously.

Payment was made at main HQ.

Collection of keys are done on-site (developer set up an office there).
by appointment - you select the time/date...be quick to get WEEKENDS

Collect the keys, and one representative will bring u to the unit to inspect.
Take the form, and take your time to inspect. I told them, give me 1-2 weeks to check.

I actually came and check earlier before the keys being collected.
the developer didn't lock my unit. Flooding at kitchen, sadly. from ceiling.

I took 1 week to inspect. (a stool / torchlight / marker / labels-tape)
Tips:

be the first batch to submit your defects. and ensure you follow up weekly with site supervisor. Took mine 2 mths to get all major defects done.

Label clearly all the defects, and take a camera...will help to record down
and for reference.

CF, once out..I asked the developer to fax to me a copy.
They later sent me the original CF.
dericq

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CF must be out, before you can collect the keys.

keys were handed out, 6 mths earlier , so Villamas took 2.5 yrs to complete of the 3 yr period in S&P.

some things were rushed...can see a bit of shoddy workmanship here and there.

Developer appointed Henry Butcher management to take care of matters.
Not bad, so far security personal are good..and we hv ppl to collect our
rubbish frm our bins daily except Sunday / P.holiday.
The cleaning ppl did a good job.

Water bills are paid on quarterly basis. Statement for monthly maintenance fee are put together into a quarterly statement.
Residents can opt to pay monthly or 3 mths in advance.

Visitor parking were mostly turned to rental parking bays..and we hv first come first serve policy, for every 3 mths renewal , so ppl will queue up on that day when parking bays are ready for rental renewal.

So far, no committee group yet formed...as far I know. Smile
eric_c

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: TNB Reply with quote

hi... wow we got active residents' forum here eh Very Happy we got letter from TNB for RM500 too; no experience here but did think it was a bit too high, seeing that house deposits are much lower than that. Any new clarification from Villamas? think we'll hold the payment til further news.

add us to the residents list! A-04-07.

and yes, we'd prefer a covered carpark, but will they entertain us since we already have agreement for open carparks???
Musicgal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though the tnb deposit is expensive, but still have to pay to prevent any delay in CF/key delivery. Hope will get rebate from TNB after we move in.
Got a news regarding the insurance from Ling (site-office) on Sat when i made my tnb deposit payment. The fax he show me is as per below:-
"Notwithstanding, anything herein contained to the contrary, it is hereby declared and agreed that Period of Insurance is deemed to be extended to expire on 19th March 2007 plus 18 months maintenance period thereafter".
Seems that we can only get the key early next year instead end of this year Sad
________
Java

wenqz80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

site snap on 09-09-2007

Painting...

Lanscaping begin...

Neighbour Shocked

Tiled corrdior.. on most of the floors

except some top floors

Block A - 8th floor, Type B...

New Link Road... when will be completed ler?
wenqz80

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musicgal wrote:
Even though the tnb deposit is expensive, but still have to pay to prevent any delay in CF/key delivery. Hope will get rebate from TNB after we move in.
Got a news regarding the insurance from Ling (site-office) on Sat when i made my tnb deposit payment. The fax he show me is as per below:-
"Notwithstanding, anything herein contained to the contrary, it is hereby declared and agreed that Period of Insurance is deemed to be extended to expire on 19th March 2007 plus 18 months maintenance period thereafter".

Ya. I heard from my friend, the deposit will rebate to us later on. He case, paid RM500 at first, and get back 250 rebate aprox half year of vacant prossession.

Hi, Musicgal. Can you plese further explain the insurance matter? I dont understand ler... is this related to key collection?
MMW

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

As at 08/09/2007, only 3 units are left (from the overall total of 326):-

a) A-14-06; RM 173,900
b) A-13-10; M 169.300 and
c) B-14-05; RM 173,300.

That's a 99% sold!

The workmanship of block B is a little bit disappointing for me. When you all entered your unit, look at the tiles line. You will see that one or two of the rooms and walls in your unit is not perfectly aligned. The disalignment will be about 0.5 to 1.5 inches!

I do believe that also happened at villamas project in Puchong. I hope that dericq could give us his valuable experience at project in Puchong and how the villamas rectify the disalignment problem.

The gazebo is being wholly made of wood. When I said wholly made of wood, I mean wholly made (except for the nail and screws of course Laughing ). Even the roof is being made of wood not tiles or zinc!!. High quality one said the indonesian workers. If well maintained will last 20 years they said (I hope!).

There will be a sheltered pathway between the 2 gazebos. According to plan, they will plant slithering flower-plant to slithered on to the roof of the pathway just like some gardens. It will create a natural foliage over your head.

The second gazebo (away from the swimming pool) housed a small water enclosure. The indonesian said the enclosure is for koi. But I doubt it because it is too small for koi. Most probably it is for watery plants pot for landscaping.

The swimming pool is really nice. They said that there will be at least 20 palm trees surrounding the area around the swimming pool. It will be a resort-like style with the palm leaves touching the pool amid a cascading man-made waterfall (Yes there will be a waterfall!).

Imagining yourself dipping in the pool amid swaying palm trees sipping your cocktail (home made though!), is a really refreshing thought. I cannot wait for VP to finish!

Regards,

Amir
Musicgal

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wenqz80 wrote:
Musicgal wrote:

Hi, Musicgal. Can you plese further explain the insurance matter? I dont understand ler... is this related to key collection?
Hi Wenqz, nope, the fax nothing to do with key collection but about the fire insurance for our units. Before we move in, the insurance is bear by VM. Therefore, from the fax they show me last week, it's stated that VP was extended insured till 19/3/08. In other words, the key shouldnt be release later than the stated date since the insurance date expired in Mar 08 (my own interpretation). I didnt get further clarification from Ling bcos i was in a rush that day.
Could any1 assist me in posting the letter in this forum so that u guys can have a look @ the fax? If not, u may ask the site office to fax u a copy of the letter Smile
________
Honda Orthia history

moonfreeman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice picture, Thanks wenqz80 Wink
KSWS

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wenqz - Your really have a good camera can capture a nice and clear pic for all of us. TQ Laughing

MMW - Block B workmanship really very bad? Sad
You have visited few units? or there is only the unit that u visit got problem? Very sad to know that.
MMW

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

KSWS it is not sooo bad. From the scale of 1 to 10, 1 being the worst and 10 the best, I'll give the workmanship 6.5

I went to both Block A and B. Both have same problems.

First. The alignment of walls. The room is not really square by looking at the line of the tiles on the floor. I think many residents will not be happy about this. To get some idea, please look at wenqz picture of the tiled corrridor. You will see that the left column bordering a unit (where the entrance is) is not even straight up!! It is slanting to the left!! Now that what I mean alignment. That what I saw!

As to block A, I went to my unit 12th floor and my brother unit at 11th floor. The same dialignment present. Not really apparent in my unit but in my brother unit it is by 1 inch. The room that usually affected is the room beside the master bedroom (the 2nd largest room).

Second. Window. One of the groundfloor unit at Block B has problem of rain water coming through the window. It is the problem with the black rubber insulation around the edge of the window which is not water tight enough when the window is closed (Watch this for your unit) . They try to ratify the problem though by replacing the rubber. But what came shocking to me is that they've done this very very late because there are pool of water on the floor tiles with mould and moss growing Shocked !! It shows that the problem is left unattended long enough for the moss to grow!! If you left it long enough who knows, there may be tadpoles and a complete ecosystem thriving right in your bedroom Very Happy !!

Third. Ceiling height. Please measure up your unit ceiling. I tought there may be a variant between 1 to 3 inches between the unit because I do felt that when entering certain unit, its ceiling is a little bit low compare to others. It is about between 9' in height whereas the show room is about 10'. It means that full plaster ceiling is a definite no-no. If you still want it, it is just at the border. When we received the keys please do measure up the ceiling so that we can compare info.

Fourth. The varendah. The cement finishing is not smooth. The railing paint is not smooth. The potrusion of the water pipe sometimes is not the same from one unit to another. In one unit it is nicely flushed to the ceiling, at another it is really portruding downward.

So gals and guys, it is just the game of chance whether it occured to your unit or not.

So do pray hard it is not.

Regards,

AMIR
wenqz80

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Amir
You are the Master of QA. The slanting sound serios ya. I never notice, didnt check as in detail as you.

For ceiling, i have something to addon. i found there are extra plaster cover-up for different unit.
>> Kitchen, on the wall in adjacent of kitchen & corridor, about 1.5wx1.0h feet. This can be seen in all units from 1st to 13th floor, except 14th. Used to cover up the ugly pipe direct from upper floor.
>> Entrance, between main door & living area, full & 1feet high. This is the most weired, only can see at some of the units. dont know what is this for.

Anyone has new photo on Block B?? Is all Block B units have paid for Internal and external plastering? Who else not yet?
gentoo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why is these thing happening to a project as expensive as this ...

haih .. is this type of errors also happen in other developers ..?

is there any additional charge if we want them to repair our unit if it has some faults?

i really worryyyy ..
________
Sexual dysfunction advice

Last edited by gentoo on Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
dericq

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gentoo, don't be suprised....defects are like 50-50 chance,..even for medium priced apt but main thing is the willingness of the developer to rectify immediately and resolved it.

i don't know abt the other top 3 developers...but even heard other
so-called big developers also got defects issues, maybe not major.

yes, from villamas apt,....buyers...check the tiles of your floor and walls.
Allignment is out for some parts of my room..and they hv to re-tile it.
Also detected 4-5 crack tiles. You MUST check every tile if possible before you start yr reno! and yes, u ensure developer replace each of the cracked TILES...no compromise.

Twisted Evil
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 140, 141, 142  Next
Page 32 of 142

Jump to: