Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Shares v Property

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shares v Property
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Stocks Market and Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Shares v Property Reply with quote

...so, in all the yrs u have been investing.........where have u made more money from?.....

...as for me :-

1) M'sia Property - made most
2) S'pore shares - made
3) S'pore Property - made
4) M'sia shares - lost most

........guess which category i stay out of nowadays except for a miniscule just left inside............

Very Happy
Banzai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not easy to make money from Singapore properties these days.
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..thats me up there........forgot 2 log in.....haha.......
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

....and yup, u'r right......i onli made coz i was there in the crazy yrs from 1992-1996......
Banzai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It might be possible to make money in Singapore again soon.
aramis

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick1994 wrote:
....and yup, u'r right......i onli made coz i was there in the crazy yrs from 1992-1996......

lucky u. Wink I was still studying then.
wacheelei

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made some from share coz manage to catch during SARS time. Havent made much from property, only start out recently.

I think if you have good discipline in getting out of the stock market when there is sign of downturn, Msian stock still has much potential.
Banzai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aramis wrote:
nick1994 wrote:

lucky u. Wink I was still studying then.

same here
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..actually re: shares, i learnt a v painful lesson........GOT TO DO your HOMEWORK.........

2 many tips and whispers..............

actually above relates 2 ALL investments i guess.......

...and guys .........dont worry.....properties always have cycles.........it'll come as sure as the sun rises..........
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....another observation..........during those yrs.....i discovered in singapore, if u buy a condo or whatever property that is being built, u can sell or 'flip' that anytime........even way before the condo is about 2 b ready..........and its the norm that it can b done......

....here in M'sia.....u can only sell when u get the CF.......or when u'r only very close 2 getting the CF...........nobody ever sells at the 10% downpayment S&P stage or say the foundation stage........even when theres a chance 2 make a quick buck..........and even assuming everythings sold off.........

anybody knows why?
Banzai

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi nick1994,

I thought they are doing in in Malaysia and that's what happening over at Damansara Ara where not enough units are available on the market and the ones who win the ballot flips it before delivery. Or maybe that is before the S&P stage.
nick1994

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..over here, its b4........once S&P is signed nobody 'flips'.......until its very close to CF.....i dun know why.......

..if we were in S'pore....guarantee u we would b seeing ads for Mont Kiara Banyan etc for sale alredi.......
Banzai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, now that you mention it.. but then again, people who sell before completion in Singapore are probably forced to do so because of bank sale Razz

Geez.. looking at my post earlier.. mispelt "Ara Damansara" with "Damansara Ara". Super blur
Banzai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick1994 wrote:
..over here, its b4........once S&P is signed nobody 'flips'.......until its very close to CF.....i dun know why.......

..if we were in S'pore....guarantee u we would b seeing ads for Mont Kiara Banyan etc for sale alredi.......

Oh and the answer to this question is probably RPGT/CGT related. Singapore has no CGT. Malaysia's first couple of years of CGT is painful.
nick1994

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

..i dun think its CGT.......there would b the first time exemptions and u would think even with CPGT there would still b some sellers if the gain is big enuf.....but theres none........

...i think its common practice of developers................but i'm not sure......

...over here, i think its SOP for developers not 2 consent to another S&P until CF is handed over 2 the buyer but over there , its SOP that they will consent......
mercuri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW, is property investment better than stocks investment? I have been burnt on Malaysian stocks and I think it's very very unstable. Furthermore stocks in Malaysia are all "rumour charged" rather than performance based. Shocked

Sorry for butting into this discussion guys! Embarassed
nick1994

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

..no problems......can 'butt' in anytime.....

i dunno how 2 set up a poll, maybe we shld poll some of the forumers here........as 4 me, Malaysian stocks have 'killed' me........although i have made a bit on the singapore side....

,,,,but overall combined, property have done better 4 me.......
aramis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nick1994 wrote:
..no problems......can 'butt' in anytime.....

i dunno how 2 set up a poll, maybe we shld poll some of the forumers here........as 4 me, Malaysian stocks have 'killed' me........although i have made a bit on the singapore side....

,,,,but overall combined, property have done better 4 me.......

You just create a new post and at the bottom, there are some "Poll Options" Smile
Banzai

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Property is definitely better simply because of the element of controllability and gearing.
mercuri

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a couple of "inside" information, so it seems and I bought a few lots, which incidently went from a high of 1.50 to the current 20cents! Crying or Very sad , Still have it on hand though, luckily I never belief in contra, if not, I need to jump from a building liao!

I am of the same opinion as Banzai, property is a much better investment vehicle than stocks. Laughing
aramis

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one a few blue chips stock and hold it for long term, this should be worthwhile.
jeffrey

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I'm Jeffrey, and I'm new here.

Just to share with you my choice of investment, have you guys heard of Studio Traffic ? it's a program which offer it's member 1% DAILY earning of thier "membership" account level.

It sounds like scam, but MY SELF and many other Malaysian have already earning thier handsome income monthly.

I have been with this program for less then 2 months, I have earned my income of RM 4,565.88 last month. [Try to attach the image file of my cheque here but don't know how, can some one guide me ?]

To know more about this program, do visit below link, they even have a forum dedicated for Malaysian to for discussion.

Cheers !

.://..studiotraffic.com/.?refid=331968
lambastslee

PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sing property market is still in her doldrums after the 1997 crises .prices are still 30% off the peak not unsimilar to HK.i think its beginning to pick up steam after such a long lull

in malaysia in general and the klang valley in particular the prices of semid and bungalows has risen phenomenally in the last three years reminiscent of the spectacular gains in BKK sing and HK be4 the crash in 1997

any1 who has bought a landed property eg a bungalow in KL in 2000/2001 will realise gains of no less than 200-300% if they sell now

a bungalow that cost only 1.5 million in TTDI in 2002 - a KL suburb is now selling for 3-3.2 million.a semid in usj another popular middle class residential suburb is asking for 900000 to 1.2 million.3 years ago it was just 1/2 of the current prices

i think speculation at this juncture is rife -easy and handsome profits.developers are rushing and joining the bandwagon 2 launched higher end products (semid and 3 storeu houses)which appeals to the masses

with higher US interest rates and oil prices,inflation is a foregone conclusion.higher local interest rates will prevail and perhaps a healthy correction is inevitable by 2006
The Mole

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jeffrey wrote:
Hi, I'm Jeffrey, and I'm new here.

Just to share with you my choice of investment, have you guys heard of Studio Traffic ? it's a program which offer it's member 1% DAILY earning of thier "membership" account level.

It sounds like scam, but MY SELF and many other Malaysian have already earning thier handsome income monthly.

I have been with this program for less then 2 months, I have earned my income of RM 4,565.88 last month. [Try to attach the image file of my cheque here but don't know how, can some one guide me ?]

To know more about this program, do visit below link, they even have a forum dedicated for Malaysian to for discussion.

Cheers !

.://..studiotraffic.com/.?refid=331968

It's CLEARLY a scam
my44

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already lost plenty from KLSE, more than I want to remember. Come to think of it, the money could have been used for overseas travel or buying a property much earlier in my age. Oh well!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Stocks Market and Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: