Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Residents Association... Pro-Tem Committee is illegal?

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Residents Association... Pro-Tem Committee is illegal?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Residence Associations and Communities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
totoro

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:30 pm    Post subject: Residents Association... Pro-Tem Committee is illegal? Reply with quote

(sorry I posted earlier in a different section)

Dear friends,

In my residential area, a group of people who formed a Pro-Tem Committee and then submitted an application to ROS to form a Residents Association has been told by some owners that the Pro-Tem Committee, is legally not allowed to do anything except apply and correspond with the ROS. Is this true? So until the RA is registered, the PTC is powerless to do anything, and cannot even take part in any activity such as meeting with the developers?

Please email me at markmsc@gmail.com if you have feedback to the above. Thanks a million!

Quote:
Application for Registration.

Section 6 (2)

Until a local society is registered under this Act, no person shall, without a written permission of the Registra, organise or take part in ANY activity of or on behalf of the Society, except only to apply to, or correspond with the Registra.

Section 6 (3)

Any person committing a breach of sub-section (2) shall be guilty of an offence and shall on conviction be liable to a fine not exceeding five thousand ringgit, and where the breach is a continuing one to a fine not exceeding five hundred ringgit for everyday after the first day during which the breach continues.
NumberTWO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can still hold meeting with the developer and act as a united group(stronger voice) . But as far as fund collection and legality are concerned, yes, Protem committee has no right to perform any of the tasks. You would have to wait till ROS gives you the green light..which is hmm..1 year? 2 years?.....
preacher

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can try to ask the guys at National House Buyers Association. The website is ..hba.org.my/forum
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Residence Associations and Communities All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: