Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF PUCHONG, BUKIT JALIL, BDR KIN &

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF PUCHONG, BUKIT JALIL, BDR KIN &
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Residence Associations and Communities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldplay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:40 pm    Post subject: CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF PUCHONG, BUKIT JALIL, BDR KIN & Reply with quote

Do you know that KL's second waste transfer station has been announced in the Star and Business Times on 20 January 2006?

Pls check out the location in Green Avenue's thread. The Google Earth photos were posted there.

This project affects residents around its vicinity.

I'm puzzled to read in the Star (20/1/2006) that so far there had been no complaint or objection...

Has anyone here been heard by CYWaste Sdn Bhd, the company that has been awarded the project????

People, we have to do something. Can someone suggest some action plans? If we sit still, the project will proceed and all residents, owners, tenants and developers around Puchong, Bukit Jalil, Bandar Kinrara and OUG would be affected. Worst hit residential areas are Bandar Kinrara, Mutiara Bukit Jalil and Ho Hup's Bandar Bukit Jalil.

CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF THE AFFECTED AREAS...
coldplay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, not a single soul in this forum owns a property within Puchong, Bukit Jalil, Bandar Kinrara or OUG????????

ACT FAST BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kychong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 1:53 pm    Post subject: Re: CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF PUCHONG, BUKIT JALIL, BDR KIN & Reply with quote

coldplay wrote:
Do you know that KL's second waste transfer station has been announced in the Star and Business Times on 20 January 2006?

Pls check out the location in Green Avenue's thread. The Google Earth photos were posted there.

This project affects residents around its vicinity.

I'm puzzled to read in the Star (20/1/2006) that so far there had been no complaint or objection...

Has anyone here been heard by CYWaste Sdn Bhd, the company that has been awarded the project????

People, we have to do something. Can someone suggest some action plans? If we sit still, the project will proceed and all residents, owners, tenants and developers around Puchong, Bukit Jalil, Bandar Kinrara and OUG would be affected. Worst hit residential areas are Bandar Kinrara, Mutiara Bukit Jalil and Ho Hup's Bandar Bukit Jalil.

CALLING ALL RESIDENTS OF THE AFFECTED AREAS...

Human produce shit, then you have waste treatment plant. People produce rubbish, then you have waste transfer station & incinerator. Suggest to place the waste transfer station in KLCC, then solved your problem. Crying or Very sad
MAXIKL

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: What's the best action to prevent it ? Reply with quote

I'm in , please share and advice what are the propriate action can be taken as a resident in Puchong/Bkt Jalil/OUG. I guess, by then more people will participate.

Ready to act Exclamation
Spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi! trying to convince the government won't be easy - before I commit myself, what is needed of me?

I don't want the government to 'punish' me so a little information will help..
jywong

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do count me in. What should be the next steps?
coldplay

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think pressure groups consisting of residents need to be formed. Previously, some groups managed to halt the incinerator project but now the project has been changed into a Solid Waste Transfer Station. Imagine fresh rubbish Sad I'm puzzled because the company awarded the project claimed, as found in the Star newspaper, that they have consulted residents and so far, no complaint or objection. The nearest housing estate is Mutiara Bukit Jalil and it is under construction. Have they consulted with all the purchasers of Mutiara Bukit Jalil??? How about residents of the neigbouring Ho Hup's Bandar Bukit Jalil and Jalil Groove???

Developers should help as well because the value of their future launches will definitely be affected. How about financial institutions granting bridging loans to developers building residential or commercial properties around this area???

Who's the MP for this area??

How can such a project be approved in a densely populated area??? There are still so much undeveloped land in the outskirts of KL without inhabitants.
Spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree - pressure groups will be needed.

But before we begin to act, i think we need to clear something up.

As i understand it, a transfer station is usually located in densely populated areas SO THAT RUBBISH CAN BE TRANSPORTED TO DISTANT PLACES e.g. bukit tagar landfill- Which is where 'fresh rubbish' will be, no? Am I correct?

Where can I know more about their project? I have a feeling the station was placed in here because the committee previously opted to move the disposal site further away?

Is this consequence of previous actions?
WaTch3r

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2 cents worth, usually a little pressure to your local MP and ADUN might yield some results, or at least get some voices heard. Check out which district your area falls under, and go kacau your MP and ADUN from either BN or opposition. The CYWASTE dudes won't hear your voice or mine. But for politicians that you and I elected, who are supposed to serve your interest and mine, they might not eventually be listened to but for sure will definitely be heard. We need a strong representative and they need the political capital and exposure.

For OUG, it falls under Seputeh. Therefore, Theresa Kok.
Check out the following links.
..teresakok.blogsome.com/
.://..sripetaling.net
teresablog@gmail.com

The rest, feel free to contribute:-
- Who are the MPs and ADUNs' at your area regardless of BN or opposition, and any details that you find useful.
batster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with Spacecadet before rushing in and also what's the net effect of this transfer station? Judging from what's written in this forum, its definitely not a dumpsite but kind of a transit station if you will.

I'm not saying its ok but more light on the subject will be of assistance. Secondly, if you do group together residents and owners surrounding the area, what's the next course of action? Mail in objection? Or phone in or some website they have to collect objections/feedback/ etc?

Unless none of the above works, a demonstration required? I suppose we dont have to resort to that but again, the avenue to be hear? I'm no expert on this subject matter but anyone does, do share.
gwchow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks coldplay for drumming up support and awareness!

In my opinion, even if it is just a waste transfer station, why must they put it smack in the middle of a residential area? Do you see a waste transfer station in the middle of Kuala Lumpur? Of course not!

The most disturbing part is that awareness of this project is pretty low compared to the last Kg. Bohol Incinerator issue a few years back. We cannot continue to sit back and allow ridiculous projects like this to take-off!

Check out CyEn's website at:

.://..cy-en.com/Key%20Project_banner.htm#SKLTS

Quote from the above link:

"Transfer Stations – Southern Kuala Lumpur Transfer Station (SKLTS)

CyEn has been awarded the "Build, Operate and Transfer" (BOT) privatisation of a new solid waste transfer station, known as the “Southern Kuala Lumpur Transfer Station (SKLTS)” at Kampung Bohol, Mukim Petaling, Kuala Lumpur.

Built on a site of approximately 9 ha in size, SKLTS is designed to cater for the management of solid waste for the southern part of Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur (FTKL) and the state of Selangor for the next 30 years.

SKLTS is designed to achieve operational efficiency, with minimal impacts on the surrounding environment during the development and operation of the facility."

You've got to be kidding if you did not read between the lines:

(a) CyEn has been awarded the "Build, Operate and Transfer" (BOT) privatisation of a new solid waste transfer station
- CyEn has publicly announced in their website that the project has been awarded

(b) Built on a site of approximately 9 ha in size
- 9 ha is equivalent to 968751.9375 square feet / 90000 square meters

(c) designed to cater for the management of solid waste for the southern part of Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur (FTKL) and the state of Selangor for the next 30 years.
- this site will be "Garbage Central" for south KL and the STATE OF SELANGOR for the next 30 YEARS

(d) designed to achieve operational efficiency, with minimal impacts on the surrounding environment during the development and operation of the facility
- any reference sites? any real-life case studies that can back this claim?

I am definitely up for protests! We need a multi-pronged attack strategy:

- online petition protest @ .://..petitiononline.com/petition.html
- (thanks WaTch3r ) lodge a protest with our local MPs / ADUN
- write in and complain to Malay Mail, The Star, NST, Sin Chew, Berita Harian, and all major dailies

Stand up and fight for your rights and hard-earned investments!

gwchow
Spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OKay guys - I just got off the phone with the developers of Mutiara Bukit Jalil and guess what?

This site has been designated as a 'garbage site' since 1990s! Also, plans for more transfer stations have been in place as indicated by the government policies.

The developer knew about it but hasn't said a thing - claims that 'we should've known'!

Also, who is leading this charge - I'm in but I WANT TO KNOW THE PLAN OF ACTION AND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON to be able to really do someting effective.

What is our GOAL? To push it to someone else's residential area?
gwchow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Information from The Star:
.://..btimes.com.my/Current_News/BT/Friday/Nation/BT545328.txt/Article/

Information from DOE:
.://..doe.gov.my/.?option=com_content&task=view&id=637&Itemid=424&lang=en

One more protest vector from DOE:

The public may review the Detailed EIA Report beginning 11th January 2006 until 11th February 2006 and forward the written comments to the Department of Environment (DOE), Putrajaya before 25th February 2006. The written comments should be addressed to:

Director General
Department of Environment
Ministry of Natural Resources and Environment
Level 6, Block C4, Parcel C
Federal Government Administrative Centre
62662 PUTRAJAYA

(Attn: Assessment Division)
Tel. : 03 8885 8208
Fax : 03 8889 1045
Email: ahm@doe.gov.my

The public may purchase the DEIA report for RM 1,000.00 (Ringgit Malaysia : One Thousand only) per copy from CyWaste Sdn .Bhd.

Have to pay RM1,000 to get a detailed report?!

Information on waste transfer stations in other countries:
.://..nottinghamshire.gov.uk/home/environment/planningmatters/mineralsandwasteplanning/wastelocalplan/adoptedplan/adoptedplan-chapternine.htm
.://..epa.gov/oswer/ej/html-doc/wastques.htm

Get more information out of Google:

Search for "waste transfer station"+"environmental impact"

Last edited by gwchow on Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
elderberry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

living next to a dump-site is probably the most-feared nightmare for most residents Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad. shows how dumb certain individuals can be when it comes to simple common-sense issues like this: we simply do not instal a dump-site at residential areas. imagine the smell of fresh rubbish, the new inhabitants who will find a new home (rats and such), and the need to fight the traffic with rubbish trucks on a daily basis! what's worse is the lag time of 24 hours before the rubbish are transported elsewhere. ultimatum would be the bacteria and viruses and god knows what type of diseases they will bring with them! we cannot allow this to happen. need to act fast since the station will be completed early next year.

i propose we launch a radical action immediately. this forum is not sufficiently strong to garner the support that is required for such action. i suggest we forward this message to everyone in our offices via email. strongly-worded flyers can also be posted in public places such as the notice boards of all condos within the area.

against this, there is also a need to get in touch with BN and DAP. need to use the right ammunition to fight this since it hinges on the political front.
elderberry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you mean the developer knew about this all along? i'm surprised that they actually made such derogatory admission. they can be liable for a suit!! do you have the name of this person?
hiucf

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count me in....I will follow what have been decided by all.
samba

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't imaging the road flood with rubbish trucks and those drivers are real mad type, they just speed like no body business .... Shocked
elderberry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gwchow, i think the online petition is just what we need. perhaps you could get the ball rolling by creating the petition site for the benefit of all users? strong words heavily laden with conviction is needed.
Spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Elderberry - YEP!

Apparently, this site has been designated for this purpose since 1990s and as such, they have had no need to disclose such information.

What surprises me is that the ADUNs/ MPs actually allowed residential areas to be developed surrounding this site which now creates the problem..

Also, I called up CyWaste, as I was concerned about their measures to contain the rubbish and they said that it was 'transferring' rubbish', with it transported out every TWO hours and not 24 hours.

Is this possible?

Also, I'm confused - a dumpsite is not the same as a transfer station is it?

I guess I'm just really concerned that I will be put to arms for the wrong thing, how can we make sure we have the facts straight?
gwchow

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spacecadet, I understand your concerns on this issue. You can find more information on Waste Transfer Stations implemented in other countries and how they have impacted the residents and communities living close to it:

Google: "waste transfer station"+"protests"

elderberry, will do my best to get the petition up ASAP.

Stand up and fight for your rights and hard-earned investments!
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL residents of Bukit Jalil, Puchong, Bandar Kinrara, Mutiara Bukit Jalil and OUG,

I have made phone inquiries with both BN and DAP. BN has yet to revert and I was told they (Puchong MP's office) need to study the EIA report first. As for DAP, YB. Teresa Kok has arranged for a meeting with Cywaste this Thursday, 26th January 2006 at her office.

ALL residents affected are invited to this session.

Kindly call Ms Yin, YB. Teresa Kok's assistant, at 03-7983 6768 to confirm.

People, we must all be united and show our strengths as taxpayers and those who have elected our representatives in Parliament to voice our grave concerns. How can Cywaste's CEO mentioned in the Star (20/1/2006) that so far there had been no complaint or objection!!!!!!!!! Evil or Very Mad [/b]
Spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction gwchow!

In one of the results from the search an article about hauling rubbish vs. direct haul (I think its like having a transfer station vs. taking rubbish straight there) and here is something i thought was interesting -

..srdc.msstate.edu/publications/174.pdf

Apparently, this is cost effective and may hlpe keep our rates down!
Spacecadet

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you peacemaker for getting the ball rolling!
Peacemaker

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DEAR ALL,

Please be weary that people from Cywaste may surf this forum and may disguise as a resident. Somehow, I sense that they are already in. The stakes are high (RM40mil) and they may try to convince you that this Waste Transfer Station will have minimal effects on residents.

Just be more discerning when reading postings.

Anyone else meeting up with YB. Teresa Kok this Thursday????
elderberry

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peacemaker, good to know something has been lined up this thursday itself.

i urge all who participate in this forum to turn up to show support.

can't be taken lightly. it's either a strong protest now or living next to a dumpsite forever such as the poor folks living in taman brogar - the living hell where they have to wear masks and keep their windows shut all the time to fend off the foul odour.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Residence Associations and Communities All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: