Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Banks Start Raised BLR Rate....What would you do?

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Banks Start Raised BLR Rate....What would you do?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What is your actions toward BLR rate raised?
I would start refinancing my existing mortgage
17%
 17%  [ 3 ]
I would apply fixed rate package for my new loan - peace of mind
41%
 41%  [ 7 ]
I would dump all my surplus saving into mortgage account
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
I don't think BLR affects me at all, I'll wait & see
29%
 29%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 17

Homelink

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 4:32 pm    Post subject: Banks Start Raised BLR Rate....What would you do? Reply with quote

What Would You Do If BLR Keep On Going Up????

Should I Refinance???
Choosing The Right Loan For My New Purchase Property???
What Type Of Loan Suits Me???

Share Your Comment Here. Vote For The POLL Wink

Last edited by Homelink on Mon Jun 26, 2006 9:07 pm; edited 5 times in total
NumberTWO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UOB : 6.25% announced today.
nick1994

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.....if going by your chart..............kenot imagine what will happen if BLR ever touches back 8 % again.......................i think 2 many people have bcome 2 comfortable with debt at 6%......................

ever tocuhes 8%, a lot of people................sure 2 'sei-for' one.............
Homelink

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please take note that Finance Company BLR are 0.9% higher than normal bank BLR. Shocked Therefore if take loan from finance company indirectly your pay more interest although if they offer BLR-1.00% what so ever.
Homelink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Second Wave Interest Rates Hikes

The 1st Wave Interest Rate Hike is last year November 2005.

If you thinking of refinancing or getting a fixed rate loan. Pls refer here
.://..realestate.net.my/forum/viewtopic.php?p=23280#23280

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
Homelink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As above scenario, just imagine you can save RM47K++ for your children education funding instead this is an illustration for 1% BLR hikes, What if it goes up to 2% (7.25%) , 3% (8.25%) or more. Base on historical BLR average BLR is at 8.5%-8.75%.

You might think refinancing cost few thousands upfront is not worth paying but if this continues, you are not aware that the BLR hikes already consumpt your saving which could be save.

For those who interested to refinance to AIA Fixed Rate but no money to pay the cost we can arrange for legal fee financing on top of your existing loan outstanding. Wink

Your Current Wise Planning Will Determine Your Futures. Act Now Question

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Homelink

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2nd Waves Interest Rate Hikes. Confirmed!!!!
[img]

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:30 pm; edited 2 times in total
yyee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: BNM raises interest rate!! Reply with quote

aiyo..... wat to do now?? OPR raises again!! by another 25basis point. so, feel to refinance or start ur loan with a fixed rate of interest??

let me be informed!!

rgds,
yyee
Homelink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:22 pm    Post subject: Re: BNM raises interest rate!! Reply with quote

yyee wrote:
aiyo..... wat to do now?? OPR raises again!! by another 25basis point. so, feel to refinance or start ur loan with a fixed rate of interest??

let me be informed!!

rgds,
yyee

Hi yyee, Do no hesistate to contact me if u r interested cos u no need to be surprise the next coming few day onward bank might start to announces their new BLR effective rate. We are expecting next BLR will be <6.5%>. & the max it can goes for 2006 is at 7.0%

Meanwhile, AIA Mortgage dept has announce to call back exisitng fixed rate packages & the dateline will be announce soon.

Before you decide for refinancing, pls do check out 4 ur lock-in period & penalty. If you having problem with paying refinancing cost pls give us a consultation call.
yyee

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:33 pm    Post subject: Re: BNM raises interest rate!! Reply with quote

Meanwhile, AIA Mortgage dept has announce to call back exisitng fixed rate packages & the dateline will be announce soon.[/quote]

do u mean AIA already annouced to readjust its fixed rate of 6.25% to a higher rate? When they announced it?

thanx n rgds,

yuenyee
Homelink

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Existing AIA Normal Fixed rate 6.25% will be replace with high rate & the dateline was to be announce but i dunno when.

AIA currently not only giving 6.25% Fixed, we do give 5.89% Fixed (Qualified Corperate Staff & AIA policy holder) & 5.75% Fixed (10yr tenor or below). Pls visit my link for comprehensive info on Home Loan. I'm a registered AIA agent current focus on Home loan Consultation not only AIA but other major active bank as well. Razz

Pls visit my signature link below. If u not really understand the content pls drop me a line.
Homelink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yyee wrote:
Meanwhile, AIA Mortgage dept has announce to call back exisitng fixed rate packages & the dateline will be announce soon.

do u mean AIA already annouced to readjust its fixed rate of 6.25% to a higher rate? When they announced it?

thanx n rgds,

yuenyee[/quote]

Will post d update once it announces. Do come back 2 this property financing section to followup the post update. Thanks 4 all forummer concerns.
Rolling Eyes
FYI, exisiting bank offered 6.25% will raised their BLR to 6.50% meanwhile Citibank & Affin are charging the highest BLR raising from 6.30% to 6.55%. Finance company is 0.90% or higher than Commercial Bank's BLR (6.50% + 0.9% = 7.40% or higher) Shocked
kll

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Homelink wrote:
Existing AIA Normal Fixed rate 6.25% will be replace with high rate & the dateline was to be announce but i dunno when.

AIA currently not only giving 6.25% Fixed, we do give 5.89% Fixed (Qualified Corperate Staff & AIA policy holder) & 5.75% Fixed (10yr tenor or below). Pls visit my link for comprehensive info on Home Loan. I'm a registered AIA agent current focus on Home loan Consultation not only AIA but other major active bank as well. Razz

Pls visit my signature link below. If u not really understand the content pls drop me a line.

hi homelink.

what is the annual premium payable for the AIA's policy to be entitled to the fixed fate of 5.89% for a loan of RM500k and RM600k respectively?

what are your consultation fees like?

thanks. Smile
Banzai

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there's no option in the poll for "Jump off the building as i am geared to the hilt on floating rates"
Homelink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kll wrote:
hi homelink.

what is the annual premium payable for the AIA's policy to be entitled to the fixed fate of 5.89% for a loan of RM500k and RM600k respectively?

what are your consultation fees like?

thanks. Smile

Hi kll,

There will be few mortgage protection plans offered as the premium payable is subject to the coverage amount & the insured age. I don't think
this is a big matter & i strongly believe insurance coverage is essential for your love one as long as u can afford it. I don't recommend over coverage if there is not necessary need unless u want to use insurance as a channel of investment. If i'm in ur shoe my main concern is the loan rates. A minimal rate increase can cos extra thousands of interest - don't be surprise if u r paying 100K interest extra toward d end of d loan period.

I don't charge any consutation fee if the Loan Application went thru (Normal do-able cases) unless those cases with CCRIS / CTOS blacklisted. Wink

Banzai wrote:
there's no option in the poll for "Jump off the building as i am geared to the hilt on floating rates"

Sound like share market crash & the whole world go into depression. lol Razz
melh

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Petrol prices are up some 20% again so inflation will go up....

I have no doubt interest rates will increase further
Homelink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3rd WAVE INTEREST HIKE - EXPECTED IN MAY'06 Shocked

As expected since i start this post, be prepare for BLR @ 7.00% by year end. Sad

For those who still speculating on BLR rate & those who think BLR have no affect on them, pls reconsider again ya. Cause the 4th waves definately will come. (Rate Hikes Trilogy for 2006). Pls vote for this post ya. TQ Wink

The Sun - 30th March '06

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Homelink

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Home Loan Taker - Complaints

The Complaints Continues......

Get Your Home Loan Rate Lock With AIA FIXED RATE package Before the packgage lift off. Idea

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Homelink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternative Sollution To Free Yourself From BLR hikes affects

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
utopia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wat are the premium for aia housing loan around 290k? Is it compulsary that the sum of insured need to be equivalent to the mortgage amount?
Please advice?
Homelink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

U can either buy a term life policy or MRTA as your mortgage protection plan. Both plan premium is subject to AGE, Lenght of loan tenure, Gender, Smoker - Non Smoker & Heatlh Condition & Riders to be attached.

If you take 290K loan then u must cover 290K lor & it is compulsory.
Homelink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed Deposit Rates is Not Fixed Rate
Homelink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malaysia Major Economic Impact (Related Factors) =
1) Oils Pricing(new high USD74/Barrel - 30cents hike/liter)
2) Ringgit Currency Sense (Strenghten)
3) Interest Rate Control(BLR Hikes),
4) Inflation Rate(unemployement)
5) Country Import-Export (Raw Material & Consumer Pricing Hikes)
6) Domestic Affairs (bird Flu)

Homelink

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

★☆Earlier 3rd Waves BLR Rate Hike Happen in 27th April Not May★☆

Source : Bank Negara Website

Last edited by Homelink on Tue May 23, 2006 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
zotos

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I should consider AIA fixed rate loan now hor?
The big setback is having to pay a penalty to current financier, prolly 8k! Sumore moving costs leh! Then MRTA... all these are upfront cost - where got so much cash wor... Sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Financing All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: