Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Balcony Direction to Face Mid-day / Afternoon sun

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Balcony Direction to Face Mid-day / Afternoon sun
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Balcony Direction to Face Mid-day / Afternoon sun
North
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
South
38%
 38%  [ 7 ]
East
50%
 50%  [ 9 ]
West
11%
 11%  [ 2 ]
Other please relly to List
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

Eamon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:42 pm    Post subject: Balcony Direction to Face Mid-day / Afternoon sun Reply with quote

What direction: North - South - East - West is the best direction for a balcony to face?? I am concerned with Mid-day / Afternoon sun.
zbchua1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

of coz morning sun is good for our health.. evening sun makes the house heatty during nite time
Question

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as facing either north or south, should be the most ideal. This way, the sun across yr balcony/unit rather than directly. Malaysia is a hot country, any sun whether afternoon or morning, directed at you will not be preferred. The disadvantage is your clothes will be difficult to dry...

Who questions the Question?
propnet

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it is good to view sunset in my balcony. Got something in this world call Air-Con! We can switch on at nite time....Especially in Malaysia...
Eamon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:43 pm    Post subject: ACs now available in Malaysia Reply with quote

I do not like the idea of having to run one at night, but I appreciate your point on watching sunsets, your post does not how ever answer my question
Banzai

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you must have a sun facing your balcony, have it the morning sun. Some people prefer to hang stuff out to dry or have some sunshine in (kills bacteria). I prefer NS facing units.

Evening sun makes your home an oven.
Replay

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal preference would be balcony facing east...morning sun IMHO is always more refreshing than having no sun or afternoon sun...
Y2K

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer it to be in between, e.g. NE or SE.... but not the West facing. However, my condo balcony is partly West facing and bedroom windows partly East facing... may sound bad, but I enjoy seeing the sunrise and sunset everyday. Only thing is must remember to draw the balcony curtains before leaving for work.
takayoto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My barcony is facing South West. Issit hot?
Y2K

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takayoto wrote:

I presume your unit is still under construction? Depends on how much sun you get and which part of the year also.
takayoto

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y2K wrote:
takayoto wrote:

I presume your unit is still under construction? Depends on how much sun you get and which part of the year also.

Yah, my unit is stil under construction.
Heard ppl said facing west is kinda hot at evening. Hopefully south west will be better.
my44

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't matter to me, because after a few months, another 30-storey block will be constructed next to my unit Smile

LOL, it's Malaysia anyway.
badz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balcony facing the morning sun is good...Can have my breakfast in the balcony and get a good healthy tan hahaha Smile
takayoto

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

badz wrote:
Balcony facing the morning sun is good...Can have my breakfast in the balcony and get a good healthy tan hahaha Smile

From u guys comments, i m now abit worry. Bcos my block is facing south west. I choose that unit bcos due to KL city c=view.
badz

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha nevermind one

in the morning also can have breakfast there but u won't get a healthy tan...in the evening just close the curtain...at night u only go out to c kl view lar
majid

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think technology nowadays has made west facing balconys bearable..
maybe can use those high quality/technology tinted/laminated glass..
maybe it wud come quite costly but if got no choice.. then this is one solution... what do u guys think???
daijhin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is it permitted to install those laminated glasses or tinted glasses for the condos? is there any rules governing it in malaysia?

wow, imagine using those v-kool tint for the condos !! Shocked
batster

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on the individual management and types of tints - ie reflective, how dark, etc.

V-Kool's (or other tints) application is not solely meant for cars, you can apply that on your home windows but of course it could be pricey. Always price vs comfort.
my44

PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2006 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

better pasang v-kool 100% tinted so that ppl cannot see what you do inside your house Smile
afak

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i lived in a room that directly faces sunset for 17 years and i can tell u it's no fun. even at 1 am, the room is still hot like an oven.
takayoto

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afak wrote:
i lived in a room that directly faces sunset for 17 years and i can tell u it's no fun. even at 1 am, the room is still hot like an oven.

Huh! really? Oh my god!!! May i know whch floor u staying? Issit high rise? bcos i guess my room also facing West
Y2K

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afak wrote:

time to install air-con?
afak

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

takayoto, i used to live in a DSL with my parents. my room face west. it's no fun especially during dry season.

Y2K, i wish i can tell that to my dad.

anyway, we dont live there anymore. now my room face sunrise. Cool
takayoto

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afak wrote:
takayoto, i used to live in a DSL with my parents. my room face west. it's no fun especially during dry season.

Y2K, i wish i can tell that to my dad.

anyway, we dont live there anymore. now my room face sunrise. Cool

Thanks for yr infor so much. I think i got to spend $$ to install aircond.
Eamon

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:48 pm    Post subject: Balcony Direction to Face Mid-day / Afternoon sun Reply with quote

Thanks all for your help,

I see that one member thinks that the sun sets in the East; I hope that he has not as yet bought his property as he is going to go through hell & during the dry season.

Estate Agents don’t seem to like the idea of showing West facing condo in the late afternoon I forced one saying that it was the only time that I could view this was a 1.75 million RM Condo with the latest tinted glass,

It was an oven, the agent was embarrassed as I had previously asked her as it was W facing was there going to be a problem with afternoon sun she said that this was not going to be the case as the developer had installed the latest glass at huge expense,

Other agents seemed put off with I asked them if they knew the direction of balconies which seemed to appear to face west & not very happy when I pulled out my own compass, they knew that I would not consider buying. Some took notes of the directions in a note pad; I suppose for future viewers, it seemed if they had not even considered this as a problem before.

There is a saying “Mad Dogs & English Men” only go out in the afternoon sun
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: