Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Bad investment because of MPK (Klang)'s approval.

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bad investment because of MPK (Klang)'s approval.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
john123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:13 pm    Post subject: Bad investment because of MPK (Klang)'s approval. Reply with quote

hi,

My friend bought a house nearby this giant but ugly house at Bukit Tinggi 2 (near AEON). His house price goes down immediately.

How could MPK (klang) approve such a house? another Zakaria story...
Is it against the law to build something like this?

________
volcano review

Last edited by john123 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:53 am; edited 1 time in total
dent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought ugly houses can bring down prices if they're built in exclusive areas. I reckon this situation has nothing to do with that building.
john123

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i don't understand what you mean by exlucsive area..

this is planned for semi-D... and by having a giant ugly house as your semi-D neighbour... this will overshadow your own house...

in addition, can this be built? it's more than 3 storey...
i thought residential house cannot be higher than 2.5 storey or 3 storey?
________
CL350

Last edited by john123 on Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:54 am; edited 1 time in total
linustw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What dent meant was if someone pull a stunt like this in say, Kenny Hill or next to an ultra modern high end bungalow enclaves like D.Heights, it might affect the value of the nearby bungalows.

you or your friend only complaint when this house is not done to your taste. How abt if your neigbour done his house tastefully? do you think it will bring up the value of neigbouring homes?

I agree with Dent. A ugly house (in your definition, but it might not be in other books) usually won't affect greatly the price of your house. Maybe a bit difficult to find the right buyer for your friends house. Just have to wait til someone really like to live next to "Istana kecil". Kindergarten is a totally diff scenario.

Actually, that's the reason why I am abadoning all non-DMC housing estates. You just never know along come a pony like this. People like this wanted to be seen rich and show off. They are people like to be a big fish in a small pond, like to compare his wealth in the wrong category of people. cheh!!!

Corner unit with extra land, can get permit to build. As with your comment on whether can build > 3 storey, possible, depends on how they consider as a full storey. a built-up of 1/4 of a flr area might consider as pergola or in this case, an observatory deck and strictly not a full walled structured......+ rasuah also works well.
blaster

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can't help but notice is the wall abit slanted towards the house or the effect of the photo.........
World IR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

house look ok... but seem the wall abit slandered

Cool Cool Cool
john123

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi linustw, even DMS also useless... as long as MPK approves... you can't do anything....
________
GM Family II engine specifications

linustw

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

john123 wrote:
hi linustw, even DMS also useless... as long as MPK approves... you can't do anything....

true to some extend, but people that bought into DMC estate "usually" don't have the mindset of demolish the entire house and rebuild again.

so far of a few DMC housing estates I see, they are not bad....(yet).

Beside, if you have signed dmc, it can be enforced via legal means, albeit costlier and time consuming.
eugene jk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow.. tat looks like 4 storeys.. My neighbour is "transforming his single storey link house into double storey. Still under construction. He did not demolish the existing house but adding on 1 more storey on top..

It is kinna weird as the neighbours left and right are single storey but this double storey in the middle.

I feel that they owner is renovating himself with his friends. Is this legal??

Concerning that the foundation of the house is meant for single house. Is the foundation still strong enough.. This will endanger his neighbours.
propjunkie

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eugene jk wrote:
wow.. tat looks like 4 storeys.. My neighbour is "transforming his single storey link house into double storey. Still under construction. He did not demolish the existing house but adding on 1 more storey on top..

It is kinna weird as the neighbours left and right are single storey but this double storey in the middle.

I feel that they owner is renovating himself with his friends. Is this legal??

Concerning that the foundation of the house is meant for single house. Is the foundation still strong enough.. This will endanger his neighbours.

It sounds like a big renovation. If so, they will need to display a "Cadangan membina..." signboard if they have DBKL or whichever authorities approval.
If not it is illegal and you can lodge a complaint with DBKL etc. May be wise to take some photos from front, back, house number etc and submit together.

Hope this helps. Shame that some people don't care about others. Such is life.
john123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my question: is it possible that we object on such a big house?

if dog has to be approved by neighbour in shahalam, how come a height increased doens't need approval by neighbour?

My friend is fine if the house remains as same height like the rest.. then he can renovate whatever he wants.
________
Lamborghini V8 history

trojan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless you are not the "squatter", if you are the "squatter" who cares about your complains?
john123

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trojan wrote:
Unless you are not the "squatter", if you are the "squatter" who cares about your complains?

i'm not the squatter.... so, what is your comment?
________
volcano vaporizer
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: