Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - as an expat - is buying thru the MM2H program my only option

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

as an expat - is buying thru the MM2H program my only option

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nas777

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:20 am    Post subject: as an expat - is buying thru the MM2H program my only option Reply with quote

Hi All,

I have a simple inquiry. I've been reading all about the MM2H program and I'm wondering, as an expat, is the program my only way of buying into the malaysian property market or can i just buy property anyway even if i dont want to go thru the whole program? (i mean just like buying in other open markets)

I'm a 27 yr old British national and very keen on buying in malaysia - loving the tropical paradise i visited last year - and craving more of that beef rengdang - malaysians dont know how lucky they are!!! Very Happy

Would seriously appreciate any help on the above inquiry.

best regards

Nas
castlehill

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

no u do not need mm2h. i know a few who hav bought openly into the market. i helped a friend move here beginning this year. just a couple of days he told me he bought a semi-d and he doesn't even work in the malaysia. hope this helps
property_hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi, i have a query from a friend overseas on buying properties here. say if he is buying a property here and is living elsewhere, how is he going to ensure that property is going to be taken care of? can he engage an agent? what are the risks involved? definitely its going to a place to come back to as well but meanwhile is he is planing to rent it out while he is not around, what can be arranged? Advise on this is much appreciated. Thanks.
castlehill

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

investing even when oversees is a pretty normal thing. the singaporeans have been doing it for years. the wealthy indonesians began after their 98' crisis and lately we are getting investors from the middle east.
yes, you may ingage an agent or better yet a profesional & reputable estate management company. don't know what the cost will be.
not including the market & economy, i believe the risk will be dependable on the contract, type and location of the property involved, so buy wisely.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> General Forum All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: