Warning: array_merge(): Argument #1 is not an array in /home/realestatenet/public_html/forum/archive/index.php on line 76
Malaysia Real Estate :: View topic - Ara Damansara Secondary Buy

HOME  -    PROPERTY ADS   -   DISCUSSION FORUM   -   REALTORS   -   LINKS    -   CONTACT US

Realtors and Real Estate Agents - Sign Up for Free Account at Property.net.my >>

Malaysia Real Estate
Malaysia Real Estate Portal

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ara Damansara Secondary Buy
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pierre

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Does anyone know which part of AD considered as 'high tension cable' area? Heard that specially Allisia and Casarina are part of it, is it true?

2. Some research actually says that the TNB substation will have some health impact on human brain.. so I guess that will definitely impact the secondary buy market for Casarina..

3. Viewed Casarina before, noticed that it has got a very odd design especially the master bed room.. Very limited room for interior design even pre-allocated space for the bed and wardrobe.. Unless someone is willing to put somemore money for renovation particularly on the master bedroom..

Comments are welcomed and appreciated.
aquest

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The high tension cables run along the border separating Tropicana Golf & Country Resort from Ara Damansara/Damansara Idaman (TA). In the case of Ara, the developments situated a stone throw away from the cables are their flagship projects A15 Imperial Avenue bungalows and A14B Imperial Heights bungalows and also the older phases dsl namely, A2 Bayu, A3 Pelangi, A4 Mutiara, A9 Berkeley, proposed condominium land. Casarina & Alissia are situated far away from the cables.

Whether substations are hazardous to health or otherwise, I was told that our home electrical appliances such as amplifiers, electric iron and shavers, vacuum cleaner, handphones, etc, etc, emit higher levels of EMW than the substations. Sime UEP has a very bad habit of allowing TNB to plan substations in the centre of a field or opposite houses. A key TNB planner who was responsible for the planning of substations in PJ district actually lives in Ara Damansara (one of the older phases). She explained that Sime UEP is extremely cooperative compared to, for instance, Glomac's Aman Suria Damansara who prefers substations to be tucked away in a corner that may cause uneven load distribution.

In the case of Casarina, I suppose the reserve land (PT 538) for TNB substation may or may not be utilised for its original purpose which was to serve the commercial shops and institutions. We all know that most of these land have already been converted to residential. An even bigger piece of TNB land in older phase of Ara is still left untouched for years.

The master bedroom is small relative to a 24' wide house due to interior space taken up by the balcony and a bigger (than other phases') bathroom. But its not that costly to hack away the bricks to increase the room size. There is another balcony at the back of 1st floor.
pierre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks aquest for the comments.

Btw, u seem knowing a lot about Ara damansara, r u one of the owner of the new phases' unit(s)?

Yes, Allisia does have the same back balcony in the family area..
z1000

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

do secondhand still worth to buy?????????
tjtan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are Ara Damansara houses still worth investing?

Yes, it is comfortable staying there.

Hopefully the LRT station is open.
alvc2009

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a nice residential township. Commercial is rather dead at the moment. Prices of DSL has appreciate quite a fair bit, I don't think you can find even a bare intermediate unit for anything less than RM600k.
tjtan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know this place well.

The only eyesore is the Platinum condos.
alvc2009

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:

Yep i agree, I was told that SD may want to revive it.
tjtan

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alvc2009 wrote:
tjtan wrote:

When did you hear that? A lot have been spoken but nothing has been agreed. SD has the financial muscle but this project is a mess.
Joink

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:
alvc2009 wrote:
tjtan wrote:

When did you hear that? A lot have been spoken but nothing has been agreed. SD has the financial muscle but this project is a mess.

Concur. Some units were sold under time sharing terms.

Saw an adv for Platinum condo buy over early last year. Wonder if SD bought it.....
tjtan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, had seen the booths selling time sharing packages at hypermarkets. You mentioned you saw an ad last year. Where can I see it? It is in my interest as a resident there to know what we can do with the eyesore and mosquito incubation centre.
Joink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:
Yes, had seen the booths selling time sharing packages at hypermarkets. You mentioned you saw an ad last year. Where can I see it? It is in my interest as a resident there to know what we can do with the eyesore and mosquito incubation centre.

In the Star newspaper. In the Biz section. Not too sure how you are able to get a copy now.
tjtan

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's OK. Need to reconsider my options. Where is better than Ara Damansara in terms of same house price? Nearby new developments are USJ1, Subang Parkhomes, Temasya Glenmarie Industrial Zone. All are priced higher than AD's subsale price.
Joink

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:
It's OK. Need to reconsider my options. Where is better than Ara Damansara in terms of same house price? Nearby new developments are USJ1, Subang Parkhomes, Temasya Glenmarie Industrial Zone. All are priced higher than AD's subsale price.

sorry buddy, know nuts about houses but I am sure the sifus out there can help u.
tjtan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No problem. Are you a resident too?
aquest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:
alvc2009 wrote:
tjtan wrote:

m surprised that this thread is alive again after loooong 5 yrs..kudos to tjtan. those days, ara had always been my favourite property investment soon after putra heights reached its tail end of dslh developments. back then u could buy a 22'x75' 2100 sf intermediate dslh in ara for what u r paying for the latest sw vio 845 sf or a scott soho 775 sf now.

the abandoned platinum damansara has never been sime pilmoor's or rather sd's baby although landlocked in sime pilmoor's developments. dataran_mantin, the developer for the 5 blocks of service apts were supposed to complete by end 2007. it was officially launched in 2004 by ahmad zahid hamidi, the incumbent defence minister.

the proposed mosque is gone..its now the site for sri pilmoor's limited bungalows n semi-ds. during those days, successful ballotees shunned atillia and alisia lots situated nearest to this proposed mosque. sub-sales prices were somehow much lower than those located further away.

Last edited by aquest on Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:29 pm; edited 2 times in total
tjtan

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read that you got 2 units of Alisia and Casarina. Current market price already more than double the launching price. I am in Atilia. Recently someone here put an ad for 780K. How about that.
aquest

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:
Read that you got 2 units of Alisia and Casarina. Current market price already more than double the launching price. I am in Atilia. Recently someone here put an ad for 780K. How about that.

atillia was hovering at around rm630k to rm650k just a year ago. alissia was slightly higher at rm680k. actually the asking price today for atillia has even touched rm800k. somehow alissia seems to be the more sought after phase. my preference has always been casarina which i intend to pass it on to my daughter and alissia, to my son.

i strongly believe that all the 3 newer phases, ie. A18 atillia, A19 alissia and A20 casarina (24'x75' b/u 2350 sf) still have a lot of room for appreciation. however, try to avoid A17 winchester.

atillia was priced from rm340k when it was launched in 2003. 100% gain in 7 yrs is quite normal.
tjtan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 7:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have profound knowledge. How is Casarina doing? What is the market price? You mentioned avoid Winchester although it seem alright to me except that it is a test of tolerance with the flat dwellers.

I have friends who had own Claremont and Pelangi but sold off to move to other areas.

Will the market price for houses particularly in AD still hold strongly in a year or two? I check UOB Bank valuation for Atilia to be 700K, which is less the advertised price of 770K.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:
You have profound knowledge. How is Casarina doing? What is the market price? You mentioned avoid Winchester although it seem alright to me except that it is a test of tolerance with the flat dwellers.

I have friends who had own Claremont and Pelangi but sold off to move to other areas.

Will the market price for houses particularly in AD still hold strongly in a year or two? I check UOB Bank valuation for Atilia to be 700K, which is less the advertised price of 770K.

If true, 700k is within normal valuation appraisal for 770k.
tjtan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entry cost for a buyer now would be 140K assuming 85% margin (nowadays bank are really prudent) +S&P, MOT, loan etc cost.
Daryl Teo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Entry cost & its incidentals though derived from the final valuation does not have any real bearing on the appraisal of the property value per se. But asking market values would move against actual transacted values that forms the basis for valuation eventually.
aquest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tjtan wrote:

some prefer winchester as it has a more practical layout despite sharing a common entrance with the glomac vista subang flats. still hoping that glomac would 1 day build their own access. to the residents of winchester, its not about tolerence, but rather felt being shortchanged by sime pilmoor. moreover, the nkve is almost at the same level as winchester rooftop. take a look at the back rows.
..thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=/2010/5/7/central/6205858&sec=central
..thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?sec=central&file=/2010/5/4/central/6183288

atillia facade is the least applealing among all the 4 newer phases. some dislike the location of the store room. its b/u is smaller than alissia. but who cares, after all its in AD..

i would rate casarina facade to be better than atillia but still can't beat alissia - classy and glassy. though it has the biggest b/u since its also 2' wider, i dun fancy its g/f layout. just imagine that some1 standing outside ur gate can look straight directly into ur kitchen or even ur rear neighbour's house. reno is not an option but a must.

the turtle shell shaped casarina is isolated from the other 3 phases and it overlooks the recreational linear park, alissia, atillia n soon seri pilmoor bungalows n semi-ds. due to this fact, the rows facing the park r the most sought after dslh in the entire AD.

claremont n pelangi (24'x75' with the largest b/u 2500sf in AD) r located in AD older phases. i never liked the old phases. firstly, its a challenge for first time visitors to the place who find themselves going about in a maze with so many dead-ends n couldn't get out easily. secondly, it was planned in such a way that there r so many units having to face the dreaded t-junctions as a result of providing more space for greeneries but at the expense of narrower roads. lastly, houses in some older phases look atrocious with the excess pillars. take a look at berkeley n start counting the pillars in front of the house.

rm770k bare or reno (tastefully)?
obviously must advertise a higher price in such a way as to cover for discount given to the buyer to make him happy lor. must also take into consideration that the same house was valued at rm630k only had it been successfully transacted a year ago. of course, some valuers would still be skeptical to endorse a sudden jump of 20% over such a short period.

Last edited by aquest on Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:56 am; edited 2 times in total
aquest

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

- deleted -
tjtan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got an sms from agent who mentioned he has few prospective buyers. He mentioned that the brokerage fees will be paid by the buyer. How true is that?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Malaysia Real Estate Forum Index -> Property Investment All times are GMT + 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: